PDA

View Full Version : Showing framerates

Freelancer-1
03-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi all;

I'm trying different set-ups to try and balance my performance-quality.

What I need is a framerate counter on the screen while in-game.

DO I need a third party app for this or is there a setting in the config file I can use?

Thanks, Freelancer1

Freelancer-1
03-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi all;

I'm trying different set-ups to try and balance my performance-quality.

What I need is a framerate counter on the screen while in-game.

DO I need a third party app for this or is there a setting in the config file I can use?

Thanks, Freelancer1

FoolTrottel
03-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi,

In flight, press Shift-Tab
(opens console)
type fps START SHOW (Mind the CAPS!)
Shift-Tab to close console.

use fps STOP SHOW to stop and hide the counter. (Also: press Shift-Tab before and after)

There's also a util called FRAPS that's started outside the game. Think it's a free one, Google for it!

Have Fun!

LEXX_Luthor
03-27-2005, 05:31 PM
You can also add this to your "rcu" file in FB/PF folder...

@alias f fps SHOW START
@alias nf fps SHOW STOP

Then you only type in "f" and "nf" (when in Chat Mode--then press ENTER) to turn on/off the fps meter. You can use any letter or combination but for me..."f" and "nf" (no fps) makes sense (to me anyway).

--------------------------------------------

Also works with configuring dots and Text Icons...

@alias q mp_dotrange COLOR 2 DOT 25 RANGE .01 TYPE .01 ID .01 NAME .01

So when in the game (in Chat Mode), just type in "q" to make all the settings above take place...the numbers are ranges in kilometers where the the effect takes place, and the very small ranges .01 are because mp_dotrange does not understand Zero so use .01 to "almost" turn off those settings.

The Range .01 here means...lol...the range at which the range (or distance) to the aircraft is displayed. Farther than that, the distance is not displayed. Follow that? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Remember that to make sure you see your settings change you still must cycle through your Icon types (key command is "I" and its Toggle Icon Types in Controls Menu). There are 3 or 4 of them, and mp_dotrange effects only one I believe, the one you need to have toggled to.

Note:: The 25km dot range here is the maximum supported, and is actually about half that (~12km) for most planes because somehow we got porked dotrange settings after Patch 3.01.

Wellcome to Forgotten Board

Troll2k
03-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Page 24 of you PF manual.