PDA

View Full Version : A Strange Feeling ...

Assassin_M
09-21-2009, 06:39 AM
after watching an interview of assassins creed bloodlines the guy says "You Will Find Out More About The Relationship Between Maria And Altair"
so maybe altair`s descent continues by having a child from maria and not adha ..... so what do ya think ?

EmperorxZurg
09-21-2009, 08:07 AM
I have no clue lol, all I know is that he did it with someone and now we got Ezio

twangling
09-21-2009, 08:37 AM
I've said it once.

Originally posted by twangling:
Call me silly but I earnestly wish "the relationship between Maria and Altair" mentioned in the producer's interview wouldn't turn out to be a romantic one. I like Maria but I'm not a bit into a cliched rival-turned-lover story, especially that with a potent how-she-grows-out-of-Robert-and-how-he-grows-out-of-Adha (the Damascus one, not the DS one) plot.
And I'll say it again. No thanks. No please. It's really hard NOT to make it trite: a stubborn and "far less trustful" Altair meets the equally bullheaded and incredulous Templar again and all of a sudden some bizarre mutual feeling springs out only because the latter happens to be a she. What's that? If Ubi wants drama they can devise a thousand ways to twist the plot. Heck she might even be his elder sister. Remember the guide book says Maria's in her thirties? That makes her a few years older than Altair. Remember Jade once said Altair's mother's a Christian? So maybe the poor woman gave birth to Maria and for some reason they were dispersed and somehow another man became the father of her second child blah blah. Well the "lost sibling" version is awkward too, but for discussion's sake, if I have to choose between it and a sappy love story...

Hopefully Bloodlines can come up with something beeter, and without a more convincing script I'd rather it leaves the romance element out.

Assassin_M
09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by twangling:
I've said it once.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twangling:
Call me silly but I earnestly wish "the relationship between Maria and Altair" mentioned in the producer's interview wouldn't turn out to be a romantic one. I like Maria but I'm not a bit into a cliched rival-turned-lover story, especially that with a potent how-she-grows-out-of-Robert-and-how-he-grows-out-of-Adha (the Damascus one, not the DS one) plot.
And I'll say it again. No thanks. No please. It's really hard NOT to make it trite: a stubborn and "far less trustful" Altair meets the equally bullheaded and incredulous Templar again and all of a sudden some bizarre mutual feeling springs out only because the latter happens to be a she. What's that? If Ubi wants drama they can devise a thousand ways to twist the plot. Heck she might even be his elder sister. Remember the guide book says Maria's in her thirties? That makes her a few years older than Altair. Remember Jade once said Altair's mother's a Christian? So maybe the poor woman gave birth to Maria and for some reason they were dispersed and somehow another man became the father of her second child blah blah. Well the "lost sibling" version is awkward too, but for discussion's sake, if I have to choose between it and a sappy love story...

Hopefully Bloodlines can come up with something beeter, and without a more convincing script I'd rather it leaves the romance element out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
wow dude u talked till ur heart was content but it may not necessarily be a romantic relationship maybe mutual respect maybe altair will save her from something and she will change sides who knows ,and take it easy this is just spectulation

twangling
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah maybe it has nothing to do with romance after all, though I wonder what'd be the significance of singling Maria out then. Maybe she does turn sides and lend a helping hand in some mission, but "you'll learn more about the relationship" between the two sounds a bit too iffy an expression for something simple as that.

I know it's pure speculation and heaven knows what they have in store for us for better or worse http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif.

sensationikke
09-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Maby maria is the girl he let live of the end of AC (1)

KZarr
09-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by sensationikke:
Yes she is. It's the girl in Rorbert's armor

Also I want Ezio to be a descendant of Altair and Adha, not Altair and Maria.

MartaVasques
09-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by KZarr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sensationikke:

Also I want Ezio to be a descendant of Altair and Adha, not Altair and Maria. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So do I... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Assassin_M
09-21-2009, 10:00 AM
lets see now [The Scenario]:Altair and maria meet again and they fight but she escapes when she finds it futile to try and kill altair,after that maria finds out the truth about the templars`s conspiracy and that the assassins were right all along but then altair is captured by the templars then maria sets him free and they escape and she decides to side with the assassins. THE END so whatdya think ?

Reasonable ?

PlagueDoctor357
09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Im hoping it's more along the lines of hey maria your still alive? Necked by the hidden blade, the end.

SWJS
09-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by MartaVasques:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sensationikke:

Also I want Ezio to be a descendant of Altair and Adha, not Altair and Maria. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So do I... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As do I.

Kaxen6
09-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
Im hoping it's more along the lines of hey maria your still alive? Necked by the hidden blade, the end.

Mmm yes...

>_> I have a hard time believing someone fanatical enough to die for someone else is willing to make a face-heel-turn to the point of love-making with the man who killed the person she was trying to help.

Fanatics are... well... fanatics...

Assassin_M
09-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Kaxen6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:

Mmm yes...

>_> I have a hard time believing someone fanatical enough to die for someone else is willing to make a face-heel-turn to the point of love-making with the man who killed the person she was trying to help.

Fanatics are... well... fanatics... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
COME ON GUYS please forget anything about romance come up with any other kinds of relationships the romance was just an idea lets try to leave it and go further

thekyle0
09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Alright, so let me see if I understand how you picture it.

Maria: I respect you as an opponent.
Altair: As do I
Maria: Let's have a baby.

Kaxen6
09-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:

Mmm yes...

Fanatics are... well... fanatics... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
COME ON GUYS please forget anything about romance come up with any other kinds of relationships the romance was just an idea lets try to leave it and go further </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a hard time believing that they'd work together in any sort of way.

I have a mean world view and a stubborn world view to go along with it.

knowing1993
09-21-2009, 02:12 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Kaxen what can I say? You are just awesome.
But me thinks you are secretly happy, you gave it away with your drawings.

Drakonous505
09-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I get the feeling that Maria is going to be more along the lines of a bigger enemy in this one... Potentially the last Templar you kill too.. Honestly though I'd find it interesting, and would no doubt lol, if at the end of the game Altair thinks he's gotten rid of all the templars and this one girl goes for Altair and then well you know... memory ends due to the next decendent being concieved xD Would be ironic if Maria did that sort of thing just to try and Asssassinate Altair... But I doubt it'd work...

-end typing diareaha (sp)

Biomedical-Fire
09-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
Alright, so let me see if I understand how you picture it.

Maria: I respect you as an opponent.
Altair: As do I
Maria: Let's have a baby.

More or less from the way I see it.

SBRedFlag
09-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I've realized before that a person's genetic memory of an ancestor would end after the conception of their next ancestor. So Desmond will never know about how Altair (or ezio) was as a father http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

EmperorxZurg
09-21-2009, 08:05 PM
actually it says to live their full life because it's their DNA, so actually it would sorta give you an option of transferring data to the child but the DNA is still recording memory so you could see how Altair and Ezio were as parents in theory

obliviondoll
09-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
actually it says to live their full life because it's their DNA, so actually it would sorta give you an option of transferring data to the child but the DNA is still recording memory so you could see how Altair and Ezio were as parents in theory
Ummmm... how does recording DNA keep passing itself onto the child after conception?

revoltingbunny
09-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Maybe Adha was pregnant when she ran off.

So what I'm suggesting is that Adha runs off to Italy... and Altair's Decsendants end up there.

EmperorxZurg
09-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Ummmm... how does recording DNA keep passing itself onto the child after conception? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because the DNA contains spots of the former DNA of the adult which in turn keeps leading on and on, it's just a matter of which u choose at what time, I'm going by their "reasoning" I don't believe u really can look at other people's memories like that

obliviondoll
09-21-2009, 11:31 PM
You're missing my point.

The parent's DNA will keep recording stuff into itself.

But that means the DNA has changed AFTER conception. It won't be passed on to a child who's already conceived. If he has ANOTHER child later, you can see how he treated the first one... But only if you're a descendant of the second child...

EmperorxZurg
09-21-2009, 11:41 PM
oh, I see what you mean, hmmm, give me till tommorow and I'll have come up with an explanation that is so complex and can sorta make sense you wont believe you have socks!{my friends started saying that for some reason}

twangling
09-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
because the DNA contains spots of the former DNA of the adult which in turn keeps leading on and on, it's just a matter of which u choose at what time, I'm going by their "reasoning" I don't believe u really can look at other people's memories like that

You mean... telepathy? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Otherwise how are memory codes supposed to "update" themselves when the child has "downloaded" them once and for all while the "net connection" was cut off upon the conception?

I tend to take the whole genetic memory thing as such, vertical being the timeline:

Altair
|
|- Event A
|
|- first child (provided it's not Des' direct ancestor)- ... - descendant able to experience Event A "as" Altair
|
|- Event B
|
|- second child (provided it's not Des' direct ancestor either)- ... - descendant able to experience Event A&B "as" Altair
|- Event n
|
|- the nth child (leads to Desmond, finally)- ... - Desmond can see Event A to n in Altair
|
|- Event n+1, which Desmond can no longer experience from Altair's POV

I would say Desmond ceases to "play" Altair in his g-memory at the moment his next ancestor was begotten. Of course as long as the next ancestor in question lives with Altair, Desmond's g-memory stays with Altair's life, only from a different perspective. It's like reincarnation and to switch to a new character but go on playing the same first person game.

BTW I know it's been brought up before, but I'm always curious what the bleeding effect will do to Desmond if he has to live through a female ancestor's life. Desmond the great bartending... transvestite? Maybe that's why subject 16 has gone mad, "damn I can't even change clothes!"

FROGGEman2
09-22-2009, 02:11 AM
But love transforms into hate so quickly that I really might be able to believe it.

I'm just hoping for some honey-wrestling between Adha and Maria, that's all.

No! Of course I'm not perving!