PDA

View Full Version : beggars, troublemakers... and "innocents"

altairego
04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
is it just me or does it seem like the troublemakers and beggars (and drunks in acre) home in on you while you walk through the streets? it does to me: like they're waiting for me just to appear and bust my cover. when 2 beggar ladies hang off me i run. sometimes i want to turn around and kill them right there "i am trying to pickpocket someone here!" -- it happened; i was pickpocketing and suddenly jar carriers appeared between me and my prey. those ladies go on a collision course with me and then blame ME if the jars break (same goes for box carriers).
they all are NOT innocents. who came up with that rule "altair does not kill innocents"? he's an assassin -- kill anything that moves between me and prey. period.

Jack_Vykios
04-27-2008, 09:51 AM
The drunken sailors in Acre aren't innocents. They've killed me on many an occasion; pushing me into the water. Jerks.
Now that I've finished it, I can just murder them at my leisure. I hate the beggars and drunks and madmen.
Funny thing is the latter two seem to specifically attack Altair and no one else.

altairego
04-27-2008, 09:56 AM
exactly like some one in the city knows i'm there and so placed these "innocents" in my path -- like my description is in every city's commander's hands or something. but then he IS wearing a lot of knives...
sometimes i want to say to a beggar "do you not see i am armed to the teeth? do you want to die THAT bad?"

Psy-Phi
04-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Pull out your sword, they'll run screaming. It's pretty funny.

altairego
04-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Psy-Phi:
Pull out your sword, they'll run screaming. It's pretty funny.

i do that near a save citizen thing if i have a beggar on me -- disappearance is instantaneous...

jeremyofmany
04-28-2008, 07:35 AM
I wonder if it would be possible for someone to make a cheat for the game where it registered the killing of innocents the same as guards.
Then it would be Altair vs. Everyone.

Imagine slaying an entire city and having the streets just littered with corpses.

:P

altairego
04-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by jeremyofmany:
I wonder if it would be possible for someone to make a cheat for the game where it registered the killing of innocents the same as guards.
Then it would be Altair vs. Everyone.

Imagine slaying an entire city and having the streets just littered with corpses.

I kill anything that breathes on a rooftop -- they're for me, not archers. wading through rivers of blood... (nasty laugh)

:P

BlairCullen02
05-05-2008, 11:16 AM
These guys do my nut in. Why did Ubisoft put them in? Yeah, sure, it may have been like that back in the day but why put it into this type of game?

Why do the beggars only chase after me?

Why do those ******ed people attack me only?

And those pot carriers and box carriers: IT WASN'T ME!!

God have mercy on us all..

altairego
05-05-2008, 12:28 PM
they put them in to blow your cover -- sometimes i just kill them.

petestar1969
05-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Best way to deal with beggars and crazies??

Just punch them, they run away like pussies.

Don't do it in view of a guard though unless you want a proper fight.

Bobfish_Almight
05-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by BlairCullen02:
These guys do my nut in. Why did Ubisoft put them in? Yeah, sure, it may have been like that back in the day but why put it into this type of game?

Why do the beggars only chase after me? 'Cause Altáir is wearing some rather expensive clothing and weaponry

Why do those ******ed people attack me only? 'Cuase they're dubmasses

And those pot carriers and box carriers: IT WASN'T ME!! 'Cause they have big gobs and refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions like most of the rest of humanity

God have mercy on us all..

altairego
05-06-2008, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by petestar1969:
Best way to deal with beggars and crazies??

Just punch them, they run away like pussies.

Don't do it in view of a guard though unless you want a proper fight.

it's kinda hard to punch a crazie when they're flailing their arms at you if you get too close. stick 'em is my advice when their back is turned. same goes for drunks in acre.

Archetype_Zero
05-06-2008, 05:48 AM
i usually charge (run + circle on PS3) the drunks. /crazies. as long as i haven't killed anyone nearby the guards don't seem to care. charging is better than punching imo, because they don't get a change to shove you.

now, when it comes to pickpocketing, i just wait until there are no obstacles before i go for it.

Bobfish_Almight
05-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Gentle push seems to work on the beggars after a few attempts. Can't comment on the others because I haven't gotten that far yet

altairego
05-06-2008, 08:11 AM
some beggars -- use hidden blade and walk.
what do guards do if you push crazie into the water at acre?

Bobfish_Almight
05-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Having now played further I must concur. A smack in the chops is the most effective method. Guards don't even seem to care if you only do it once and blend immediately afterwards

Kaxen6
05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
The crazies annoy me the most. The beggars are at a close second.

How did I play the whole game without killing any of them? O_o

Though I half-yelled at Patrice about the beggar ladies back in October... @_@

BlairCullen02
05-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Another thing about the beggars. If you climb a ladder or a wall they chuck rocks at you ¬_¬

Damn them...

Kaxen6
05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
The rock throwing is annoying indeed.

altairego
05-06-2008, 01:33 PM
that happened to me too -- i tracked her down and killed her, the little... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Bobfish_Almight
05-06-2008, 04:28 PM
So far the beggars haven't really been anything more than a nuisance to be. Though one did get in the way just as I was about to kill the dude in the Souk El Sallah (forgotten his name already. I suck) and I killed her instead. That was annoying

Archetype_Zero
05-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by BlairCullen02:
Another thing about the beggars. If you climb a ladder or a wall they chuck rocks at you ¬_¬

Damn them...

until you said that, i actually hadn't figured out why i got knocked down from ladders seemingly at random, lol. i'm glad someone has cleared up this mystery for me.

through most of the game my playing style was pretty chaotic. i have a short attention span, so i'd often kill people for no real reason (wow, i sound like a terrible person now...) so i didn't really link together a lot of the cause-and-effect when it comes to what "aggros" the guards and what causes people to target you, etc...

Bobfish_Almight
05-07-2008, 07:49 AM
It's not necessarily beggars that have been knocking you down with stones though. Some of the guards do it as well

altairego
05-07-2008, 08:26 AM
how about this: sometimes i stealth stick someone. and a passerby says upon seeing the body "what's this?" in a pleasantly surprised kind of way. are they blind? never seen a dead body before? (maybe not in broad daylight in middle of street but still... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Bobfish_Almight
05-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Well, Altaír does let them fall in a way that doesn't make them seem immediately like they're dead. So stumbling upon some dude randomly lying in the street, a far from socially acceptable practice even in this 'enlightened' day and age would give people pause for thought

altairego
05-07-2008, 01:40 PM
i agree but.. do they have to sound PLEASANTLY surprised like someone just gave them a candy as a present!
"what's this? oh, a dead body, how interesting!..."
wanna punch them..

Bobfish_Almight
05-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I know, isn't it great? And remember, the intro is a scene of people cheering at a hanging...

altairego
05-07-2008, 01:47 PM
and THAT part is real: people saw executions as fun, a picnic on a Sunday. they'd come hours before it and set up with families. even if it was their neighbour getting hanged.
some assassinations he actually lays them out carefully

Bobfish_Almight
05-07-2008, 01:52 PM
In the main ones yeah. I'd even go so far as to say there's a loving touch in the way he does it

altairego
05-07-2008, 02:14 PM
compassion maybe?
assassin with a moral code -- will wonders never cease
after all he DOES get to know them well -- all the research and tracking. it's like setting up a date, really.

BlairCullen02
05-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:
It's not necessarily beggars that have been knocking you down with stones though. Some of the guards do it as well
Yeah, the guards do it when you are being chased or whatever. You know it's the beggars cos they say "Take that!" and run away.

Bobfish_Almight
05-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Even his tone is tender towards them. So far Altaïr strikes me as someone who doesn't actually like killing. He's just very good at it and takes pride in his abilities

altairego
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
bobfish, did you listen to him at the beginning of the game? does that sound like a guy who does not LIKE killing?

Bobfish_Almight
05-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Just because he takes pleasure in doing what he's good at doesn't mean he takes pleasure in the taking of life. Though I'll admit he seems to be growing less sure of his purpose as things are progressing

altairego
05-07-2008, 02:49 PM
he grows less sure of the motives of al mualim behind asking him to kill these particular people. he even asks why not kill richard and saladin? war will stop and peace ensue just as al mualim wanted. al mualim evades him though. i always thought of assassins as amoral people. game makes 'em seem more human.

Bobfish_Almight
05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by altairego:
he grows less sure of the motives of al mualim behind asking him to kill these particular people. he even asks why not kill richard and saladin? war will stop and peace ensue just as al mualim wanted. al mualim evades him though. i always thought of assassins as amoral people. game makes 'em seem more human.

Yeah, thanks for telling me the plot there mate.

And assassin's, both then and now, are just as diverse as any other group of people

sting_0109
05-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Altair's character changes a lot as the game progresses.

Without ruining the plot too much, right at the beginning he's an arse. At the end, he's like the Messiah, come to rescue the land from those that would attempt to control and manipulate it. And you as the player get to witness this change gradually take place.

Bobfish_Almight
05-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Well, I'm judging him somewhat based on Altaïr's Chronicles as well so...