PDA

View Full Version : modeling work

Shim_Shimano
10-17-2004, 01:22 PM
I think the IL-2 series has been outstanding from day one and salute all whose hard work has gone into it over the years.
BUT, I hear strong "rumours" that a lot of the earlier modelers didn't get paid for their work and I am sick to my stomach to hear this sort of thing.
I have loved this game for over two years now and respected all who produceed and played it. I feel I have a right to know if all work required to produce the next generation was paid for in full before I pay full price as I have done all three times before.
I have been helped a great deal by these forums and likewise passed that on to others in the community. Upon going to the forums now I find mention of deleted threads and threats of banishment for even mentioning the "P" word. I see a lot of closed threads condemning it, which I expect to hear from honest ppl., but such one sided coversation and <span class="ev_code_BLUE">threats</span> concern me. I find it unimaginable that someone would post an address here saying go perform an illegal download.
So why such tactics to limit comments? That sort of thing raises my suspicions. Is this not a forum for open, honest and respectful discussion?
If you feel the need to edit or delete this query to the developers I will take that as censorship and you won't have to bannish me because I'll want no part of it.

Shim_Shimano
10-17-2004, 01:22 PM
I think the IL-2 series has been outstanding from day one and salute all whose hard work has gone into it over the years.
BUT, I hear strong "rumours" that a lot of the earlier modelers didn't get paid for their work and I am sick to my stomach to hear this sort of thing.
I have loved this game for over two years now and respected all who produceed and played it. I feel I have a right to know if all work required to produce the next generation was paid for in full before I pay full price as I have done all three times before.
I have been helped a great deal by these forums and likewise passed that on to others in the community. Upon going to the forums now I find mention of deleted threads and threats of banishment for even mentioning the "P" word. I see a lot of closed threads condemning it, which I expect to hear from honest ppl., but such one sided coversation and <span class="ev_code_BLUE">threats</span> concern me. I find it unimaginable that someone would post an address here saying go perform an illegal download.
So why such tactics to limit comments? That sort of thing raises my suspicions. Is this not a forum for open, honest and respectful discussion?
If you feel the need to edit or delete this query to the developers I will take that as censorship and you won't have to bannish me because I'll want no part of it.

Yellonet
10-17-2004, 01:28 PM
If you're contracted to do a plane for the games release, I would guess that you'd get compensated. If however you make a plane and give it to 1C so that they can include it in the game, there is no reason for them to pay you.

No601_prangster
10-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Well Shim_Shimano I'm sure those like me who have produced models for the Il2 series are thankful for your concern. I personally have never heard of any complains from modellers about paymentand the system is very clear. If a model is made at the request of Maddox games or is included in a paid addon then the modeller will be paid. I know most modellers produce aircraft because they want to see that type in game not because they get paid.

I don't see what this has got to do with piracy?

Gibbage1
10-17-2004, 01:53 PM
I help orginize the 3rd party modelers. I have spoken with many of them and they seem to all have been paid for there work. I have heard no complains from anyone, and have spoken to a few that have been paid. I was also paid for my work on the Ki-43.

Waldo.Pepper
10-17-2004, 02:57 PM
Not the kind of modeling I thought it would be.

I used to be an underwear model. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif