PDA

View Full Version : Hidden blade(s)? **SPOILERS?**

Akssz
12-24-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm just wondering what people around here think, how the hidden blades really worked like in the game, as it never has been explained.

mikeh1294
12-24-2009, 10:23 AM
The user flexes their hand, and a blade shoots out on a spring.

Da Vinci changed the design so that the blade is further away from the hand, so no finger is removed, and added a hilt to protect Ezio's hand.

Akssz
12-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by mikini:

Da Vinci changed the design so that the blade is further away from the hand, so no finger is removed, and added a hilt to protect Ezio's hand.

Thanks, from where did you get all this?

mikeh1294
12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Mostly my own knowledge, but the bit about the blade being further out from the hand is from the AC book.

Datashocker
12-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I actually built one, and the way mine works, is that I have a blade that can slide out of a metal sheath and two locking mechanisms, on at the top and one at the bottom. The locks also have springs on them, keeping them in place. The blade has grooves in it for the locks to slide into. I melted fishing wire to a ring, put the ring on my middle finger, then melted the other end to the locks. When I pull the string, the locks release and the blade slides out. Then I release the tension on the string and the locks hold the blade in the "out" position. I pull the string again to release the locks, pull my hand up in a quick motion to slide the blade in, and release the tension on the string, thus making the locks snap back into place and hold the blade in the "hidden" position. I thought of it myself, and although I dont think that was how it was done in the games, it works.

TooLazy4Name
12-24-2009, 01:17 PM
i believe that, like datashocker's design, they pull their pinky finger which releases the blade. not sure how they bring it back up though.

Akssz
12-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Original post by Datashocker: (...)
That actually makes sense..

younas456
12-24-2009, 03:37 PM
no one looks to read the kodexpages there is quit much information there like how the poison blade is built

Ultimate_Night
12-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by mikini:

It was actually Altair's modification.

Deadpool_1992
01-12-2010, 12:12 AM
can you give me the detail and with a picture or video if you can. Cause i want to try to made one my self.