PDA

View Full Version : new AC title teased?

kriegerdesgottes
01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
http://www.connectedconsoles.c...-edge-magazine/2794/ (http://www.connectedconsoles.com/blog/next-assassins-creed-title-teased-in-edge-magazine/2794/)

In my sad daily search for info on assassin's creed today I stumbled onto this. What do you think?

Rakudaton
01-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Sadly, I strongly doubt it. Why would Abstergo get a new logo? It was fine the way it was -- better than this similar one, in fact. The new symbol there looks more to me like a symbol for a skating or sports game (what with the black and orange colours). It's a shame... I thought for a moment that this could be it. But it's too soon, I think.

When was ACB first generally known about? I remember we had those weird blurry snippets of multiplayer early on, before E3. When was that? Sometime in April? That's roughly what I remember... could be wrong though.

kriegerdesgottes
01-05-2011, 01:24 PM
They started teasing brotherhood shortly before April when they filed a domain for "assassin's creed brotherhood" then they teased it on facebook in April or May I want to say May so I agree it is a little too early. ACII was first announced/teased on April 6th 2009 so again it wouldn't be following their usual trend however they are now unfortunately doing things annually so who knows.

IIwangcarsII
01-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I want them to spend a LOT of time on assassins creed 3 so that they can make it the best to their ability! but i still want to have something to go off of so i dont get deprived of assassins creed!I hope they share at least some info on the next installment!

Avl521
01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Let's hope that this year only brings us Lost Legacy.

Don't get me wrong, I want ACIII as much as everyone, and I can't wait to see what happens with Desmond and Lucy and the overall story.
But for those same reasons, I think a year is not enough to deliver the indredible experience I expect from ACIII.
I think Ubisoft should give us teasers indeed or at least confirm they're developing ACIII, but I want them to update the engine for better graphics/animations, and I want the game to be a significant upgrade from ACII/ACB in EVERY possible way.

IIwangcarsII
01-05-2011, 01:40 PM
I agree with Avl521.

AMuppetMatt
01-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I would love to see another AC this year to fill the void and set us up for AC3, as I feel that the end of ACB was to set us up for another game that at least involves Ezio. If another AC title in 2011 were to detract at all from the quality that I expect in 2012 with AC3 then I wouldn't want to see the game, but if Ubi could start a detailed and careful development of AC3 now whilst still completing another game similar to Brotherhood I'd be ecstatic with that.

As long as it doesn't interfere with the quality of AC3...

And the mag. probably have it wrong, it might be some sort of sister company or some offshoot of the assassins order taking the mick or something... I don't think they'd rebrand Abstergo... as has been said before, it's a great logo anyway, simple, easy to remember and has actually been established to the viewer. We know when we see that what it means. That new one would have gamers going "Why is that kite there?"

kriegerdesgottes
01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
Let's hope that this year only brings us Lost Legacy.

Don't get me wrong, I want ACIII as much as everyone, and I can't wait to see what happens with Desmond and Lucy and the overall story.
But for those same reasons, I think a year is not enough to deliver the indredible experience I expect from ACIII.
I think Ubisoft should give us teasers indeed or at least confirm they're developing ACIII, but I want them to update the engine for better graphics/animations, and I want the game to be a significant upgrade from ACII/ACB in EVERY possible way. I agree with every single thing you just said.

Ass4ssin8me
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Also, how would the next AC be based in WW2? This isn't a shooter.. This obviously is a very unreliabe source...

kriegerdesgottes
01-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
Also, how would the next AC be based in WW2? This isn't a shooter.. This obviously is a very unreliabe source... It will never be in WWII because Corey May has already said that as long as he is working for Ubisoft the game will never be in WWII being that it has been done to death with other games.

Murcuseo
01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Sadly, I strongly doubt it. Why would Abstergo get a new logo?

I highly doubt it as well, but, there was a post not so long ago of a legitimate American company with a logo that was exactly the same as Abstergos so maybe there has been some legal dispute that's resulted in a change.

Again, I tend to agree. It's not very likely. I'm just thinking outside the box, for fun.

kolbaskat
01-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Well,if ACIII comes out that year it dosen't mean that they will have only worked for it for a year:
Some studios do it that way,that a part of the studios work on one game,and one part on the other game.
That mean they could already have worked on ACIII for longer time...