PDA

View Full Version : Wow! snap. Just like...*that*

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 10:07 PM
....oh wrong forum sorry guys.....

Was doing a large QMB furball flying with 15 other I~16s against 16 Fb109Es.

Stalled at low alitude but recovered in the nick of time, 100m and 200km/hr. Took a quick look around but my opponent had vanished, so I started trying to regain some energy and

BAM I just blew up right there.

so I wondered why and just sat there watching the debris from my I~16 float down and then...

from in front of the monitor a Fb109 zipped into view and sliced through my debri cloud. I guess my look around was a little too quick as this 109 was on my tail the whole time. But the suddeness just reminded me of how surprising this sim is. I was not expecting this. Calmly throttling up to gain speed, nice and Peaceful and BAM I was looking at a cloud of pieces of I~16.

I am glad to see the I~16 is not re~UFOd and re~armoured to 1.0 standards as I lost my 1.1b Patch when my power supply blew up....actually that's another story and it looked just like my I~16 blowing up but with alot more sparks and motherboard and hard drive debris all over the place. I can use the I~16 again in mission building--provided I set I~16s to rookie and Fb109s to Veteran, and give them alt advantage (it helps the AI a little actually).

Message Edited on 10/06/0309:10PM by LEXX_Luthor

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 10:07 PM
....oh wrong forum sorry guys.....

Was doing a large QMB furball flying with 15 other I~16s against 16 Fb109Es.

Stalled at low alitude but recovered in the nick of time, 100m and 200km/hr. Took a quick look around but my opponent had vanished, so I started trying to regain some energy and

BAM I just blew up right there.

so I wondered why and just sat there watching the debris from my I~16 float down and then...

from in front of the monitor a Fb109 zipped into view and sliced through my debri cloud. I guess my look around was a little too quick as this 109 was on my tail the whole time. But the suddeness just reminded me of how surprising this sim is. I was not expecting this. Calmly throttling up to gain speed, nice and Peaceful and BAM I was looking at a cloud of pieces of I~16.

I am glad to see the I~16 is not re~UFOd and re~armoured to 1.0 standards as I lost my 1.1b Patch when my power supply blew up....actually that's another story and it looked just like my I~16 blowing up but with alot more sparks and motherboard and hard drive debris all over the place. I can use the I~16 again in mission building--provided I set I~16s to rookie and Fb109s to Veteran, and give them alt advantage (it helps the AI a little actually).

Message Edited on 10/06/0309:10PM by LEXX_Luthor