PDA

View Full Version : pickpocketing in ACR

john63
11-27-2011, 01:48 AM
Does it seem like citizens in Constantinople are a lot more aware of pickpockets? It seems like every time I try to pickpocket, I'm identified as the thief. I've tried approaching from the front and back, pickpocketing only 1 or 2 people at a time, varying my speed after stealing (going back to regular walk, continuing speed walk, or just booking it), and lord knows what else, but I'm always identified as the culprit within 5 seconds, even if I'm around a corner or something. Makes certain missions difficult, especially the assassin-recruit one where you need to out-steal the recruit.
Any tips? Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kytr
11-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Actually, it isn't so much that they identify you as a pickpocket (if they do, they will start a fight) as that you are behaving badly. You should be able to just keep going and pickpocket them anyhow. I have found that running around a corner and breaking line of sight after they start reacting will sometimes clear things up.

nash_trickster
11-30-2011, 05:25 AM
The only tip I can give is: don't stop walking fast (and thus pickpocketing) and don't retrace your steps and they'll never catch up...

As far as the assassin recruit challenge goes, once you get the required amount of money, the game immediately triggers a new scene whihc puts an end to any "trouble" that your reckless pickpocketing may have greated, so why would you care? :P

TorQue1988
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Pick-pocketing is really messed up in this game,but yeah running away is the only thing you can do.
I hope they will fix it in the upcoming game(s).

john63
11-30-2011, 01:53 PM
@Kytr: they DO start fights. Every time. Almost immediately. No matter how far away I fast-walk from them, if I stop, they catch up and start a fight.

@Nash-trickster: sure sure, I still finished the mission on my second try. I care because it breaks the illusion of me being a stealthy mofo :P

Kytr
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Odd. I occasionally end up having to fight, but usually it means I stopped while still in LOS or turned around for something. That only happened a couple of times during the course of the game. And early in the game (when I needed the money) I was walking through streets pickpocketing everyone in sight. Later it really wasn't worth the bother.