PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Embers ending

Darklarik
12-30-2011, 11:19 PM
[SPOILERS]

I wanted to discuss Ezio's final moments. was he murdered? did that dude poison him or something or did he just die peacefully? Its like the guy knew he was going to die.

naran6142
12-30-2011, 11:23 PM
the meaning of the stranger at the end of embers is open for interpretation, but he did not kill ezio

Assassin_M
12-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Ezio died peacefully... Accept that fact whomever that stranger may be..

Jamison_J_B
12-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Honestly, I thought the guy was a templar. I guess it was the smirk on his face and the way he talked with Ezio.

Assassin_M
12-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Jamison.j.b:
Honestly, I thought the guy was a templar. I guess it was the smirk on his face and the way he talked with Ezio.
May be, but why wait 12 years to kill an old weak man who is practically no threat to them what so ever ?

Darklarik
12-30-2011, 11:33 PM
I also find it strange that Ezio only lived to be 65 when Altair lived to be 92.

E-Zekiel
12-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Ezio had sex with a lot of women.

Assassin_M
12-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Darklarik:
I also find it strange that Ezio only lived to be 65 when Altair lived to be 92.
Why do you find that strange ?

Darklarik
12-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darklarik:
Why do you find that strange ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, life expectancy increased over the years. Plus Ezio took care of himself, even at 50 he was climbing through building and doing the stuff in revelations, its strange that his health deterioration so badly in just 10 years

Darklarik
12-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Ezio had sex with a lot of women.

Yah well, if charlie sheen has shown us anything is that you need more than sex and drugs to kill a man.

Assassin_M
12-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Darklarik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darklarik:
Well, life expectancy increased over the years. Plus Ezio took care of himself, even at 50 he was climbing through building and doing the stuff in revelations, its strange that his health deterioration so badly in just 10 years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do not forget that Ezio was at the front lines of the Assassins for almost 40 years, and by front lines I mean personally fighting in open combat, also Ezio has done a lot of travelling he may have caught an illness from somewhere; The smoke in Cappadocia may also have a hand in his illness, huge amount of smoke Inhalation can be fatal later in life.
do not forget also that Ezio was stabbed twice in the abdomen, shot in 3 places and falling off a 3 story building..

Darklarik
12-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Well, life expectancy increased over the years. Plus Ezio took care of himself, even at 50 he was climbing through building and doing the stuff in revelations, its strange that his health deterioration so badly in just 10 years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do not forget that Ezio was at the front lines of the Assassins for almost 40 years, and by front lines I mean personally fighting in open combat, also Ezio has done a lot of travelling he may have caught an illness from somewhere; The smoke in Cappadocia may also have a hand in his illness, huge amount of smoke Inhalation can be fatal later in life.
do not forget also that Ezio was stabbed twice in the abdomen, shot in 3 places and falling off a 3 story building.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... yah good point. He took more punishment that Altair.

CkSwtos
12-31-2011, 08:48 AM
For Altair, I believe he stayed alive for so long because of the apple of eden. It alone kept him alive, as soon as he put it to rest he died.

For Ezio, according to the Assassins creed Revelations novel, ezio has caught an illness for a few years, but didn't pay much attention to it. That led to his sudden death.

I can't say I wasn't shocked, betwin us, tears went down my cheek. I expected that Ezio would die, from the first time they (Ubisoft guys) said that ACR would bring Ezio's story to an end. As about that guy, I can only assume that it was Death himself because with that look he gave Ezio, it was like he told him,"It is time".

Lass4r
12-31-2011, 09:14 AM
Yea Altair probably used the apple to prolong his lifetime, it says so in the codex.

FrankieSatt
12-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:
the meaning of the stranger at the end of embers is open for interpretation, but he did not kill ezio

And you know this how?

I haven't seen anyone or anything official saying he died of natural causes.

CkSwtos
12-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

And you know this how?

I haven't seen anyone or anything official saying he died of natural causes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your writing this, I assume you haven't read my post. It is written in the novel. He died cause of an illness in his lungs that he didn't pay attention to.

AntiChrist7
12-31-2011, 10:00 AM
in the encyclopediae it does say "cause of his death is not 100% certain, but its generally acepted the lifetime struggle wore him down"

FrankieSatt
12-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by CkSwtos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

And you know this how?

I haven't seen anyone or anything official saying he died of natural causes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your writing this, I assume you haven't read my post. It is written in the novel. He died cause of an illness in his lungs that he didn't pay attention to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But is the novel "canon"?

The way the guy looked at Ezio just told me he wasn't up to any good.

I think they did that in Embers just so people can decide for themselves. I don't think there will be anything "Official" saying exactly what happen.

lukaszep
12-31-2011, 10:26 AM
I think the man at the end was meant to represent Ezio when he was younger, to show how much of a change he's been through in his life.
I don't see any story significance in him being murdered. And it's undignified for him to die like that.

RzaRecta357
12-31-2011, 10:28 AM
That wasn't peaceful. Didn't he have a heartattack or something?

Peaceful is dying in your sleep :P

Riften
12-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Well, the cause of his death may not have
been peaceful but he accepted his death and had
one last smile looking at his family.

Riften
12-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Riften:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Well, the cause of his death may not have
been peaceful but he accepted his death and had
one last smile while looking at his family. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CkSwtos
12-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CkSwtos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

And you know this how?

Your writing this, I assume you haven't read my post. It is written in the novel. He died cause of an illness in his lungs that he didn't pay attention to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But is the novel "canon"?

The way the guy looked at Ezio just told me he wasn't up to any good.

I think they did that in Embers just so people can decide for themselves. I don't think there will be anything "Official" saying exactly what happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, the novel is official. It describes with words what we saw in picture.

piro585
01-01-2012, 12:10 AM
which novel is this and where can you get it? Just curious...I want to read it.

CkSwtos
01-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by piro585:
which novel is this and where can you get it? Just curious...I want to read it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pro...ativeASIN=0241951739 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0241951739/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=heaprcom03-21&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creativeASIN=0241951739)

Lass4r
01-01-2012, 04:00 PM
UbiGabe confirmed that the guy was just a random person. I do not have a link, sorry =/

ShaneO7K
01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Lass4r:
UbiGabe confirmed that the guy was just a random person. I do not have a link, sorry =/

He later took back that statement and said something along the lines of him not knowing the full story. Go check through his twitter.

zerocooll21
01-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

He later took back that statement and said something along the lines of him not knowing the full story. Go check through his twitter.

AHA, thank you. I have a feeling he would do that.

Locopells
01-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Can someone translate the Italian they speak? That might give a clue.

I always thought that guy was another Assassin basicly saying 'Hi', or something like 'You/Your family are now safe'.

On a seperate point, the box Ezio give the Assassin from China is never explained - does anyone else think this give a clue as to the next ancester (whenever we see them)?

persiateddy95
01-01-2012, 08:26 PM
It was meant to represent what a young Ezio used to be like and the changes that have happened since then, as you can hear by his last words.