PDA

View Full Version : Creed Of Duty

Ass4ssin8me
06-19-2011, 04:53 AM
Yes, the title is lame -_-

Rant, rant blah blah blah.

Now I know your all going to flame me, post Cool Story Bro! Pictures, and act like the idiots you all are, but I swear this game has gone to the dumps.

The only thing making me consider buying this game is the story. But nah, looks like I'm not buying Revelations.

I mean really, Bombs? Flamethrowers? The ships blew up like crazy. What are we five? Also games too easy, and ezio is too fit for his age.

Anyways Just sayin, I am not buying AC games anymore.

Now for the In Befores -

Cool story bro! - Blow me.

There are several threads all ready!!!!!!! - I care why?

We don't care ! - either do I.

Your a ****** - Thank you I am known for my frosting.

Good day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Stowdace
06-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Not going to say anything bad at all, you are entitled to your opinion and though I may not agree with it I will respect it.

Noble6
06-19-2011, 05:08 AM
Do'h!You crushed all complains/comments I had about your post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif.Anyway I kind of agree but I think you are just overexaggerating or even trolling?

TheSpectator
06-19-2011, 05:15 AM
I'm no flamer, unlike Ezio.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion, especially the "ezio's to old" argument which has been brought up so many times. Ezio"s half TWCB so he can be forgiven for keeping fit in his old age.

With regards to the E3 demo. It was really just meant to showcase the new set pieces and game mechanics. While I don't like the idea of the bombs i'm willing to be proven wrong.

The flamethrower seemed to serve a purpose. If he was breaking through the front door of a templar stronghold with a flamethrower and committing templar genocide I'd understand your point, but extreme situations (like a blockade of ships) sometimes require extreme measures that stealth tactics can't provide.

AMuppetMatt
06-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Agree with you 100% but I'm still going to buy the game. My hope is that because it was an E3 demo everything was overexaggerated and made too easy to catch the attention and ensure that there isn't the embarrassment of dying. I'm approaching Revelations with trepidation but my fingers are still crossed.

samward
06-19-2011, 05:54 AM
hmmmm....maybe anger management? Count to ten mate, it just a game....hahah

Blind2Society
06-19-2011, 06:35 AM
@Ass4ssin8me: Though I agree with you on many points I am not willing to take the actions you are. Regardless, there is something I admire about you, this thread, and how you posted it. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think it was the second half of the post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

iN3krO
06-19-2011, 06:35 AM
I agree with u Ass4ssin8me, i've named AcR as Assassin's Creed Modern Wardare :P

Anyway, i will rent the game cuz i can't stop playing the game without the story finishing ...

El_Sjietah
06-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Way to get our sympathy.

Might want to work on your selfesteem as well.

sassinscreed
06-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
Yes, the title is lame -_-

Rant, rant blah blah blah.

Now I know your all going to flame me, post Cool Story Bro! Pictures, and act like the idiots you all are, but I swear this game has gone to the dumps.

The only thing making me consider buying this game is the story. But nah, looks like I'm not buying Revelations.

I mean really, Bombs? Flamethrowers? The ships blew up like crazy. What are we five? Also games too easy, and ezio is too fit for his age.

Anyways Just sayin, I am not buying AC games anymore.

Now for the In Befores -

and what makes you tell you aren't buying this game on forum, i really don't care its your choice and no need for sharing that with world

Puffendorf
06-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Clicked on this topic cose I thought, lookin at the title, that this is about AC:B Multiplayer ^^
Now THAT has gone to the dumps! It used to have just a few roofers, but most people stayed on the ground, sneaking around, using blend groups and so on, but nowadays every game is like looking at Super Mario on crack...

Mr_Shade
06-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Sorry to see you go..

Enjoy what ever game you decide to move onto - I hope it's not Call of Duty or BF3 though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Azula2005
06-19-2011, 09:38 AM
So you never heard of Greek fire?
and Ezio is not to fit for his age it's possible to do fight and climb at 52+

and bombs did have a place in history

stop trying to force yourself not to believe it

you know you love assassin's creed when you want to finish the story
come on? don't be like that..

AMuppetMatt
06-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:

Now for the In Befores -

and what makes you tell you aren't buying this game on forum, i really don't care its your choice and no need for sharing that with world </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummmm... That's the whole point of this forum. To share our opinions and thoughts on the game. If he wants to share he's not going to buy the game then he has equal rights to do so, just as equal as you do that you will be buying the game.

Actually you no what, no, let's enforce you're one dimensional fascist way of thinking. Why have you posted this... I don't need to hear your opinion. Stop sharing your thoughts with the world. I don't care what you think so gtfo.

Think before you post dude, he has every right to say it.

SPROGGY
06-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Why do we care that you arent buying Revelations when you act like such a tool in your post? The second thing you did was call everyone here an idiot.....classy. Hopefully you arent in public relations. The game looks amazing....sorry if the video GAME isnt realistic enough for you. Ubisoft will survive just fine without your $60.

BK-110
06-19-2011, 11:10 AM

Then why make a thread about it? (I suppose you meant "neither do I"...)

KZarr
06-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Sorry to see you go..

Enjoy what ever game you decide to move onto - I hope it's not Call of Duty or BF3 though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
CoD I can understand but what's wrong with BF3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Mr_Shade
06-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by KZarr:

CoD I can understand but what's wrong with BF3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Both have VERY large explosions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

He wants to get away from that - I myself will play anything [looking forward to BF3 etc] http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AubreyWilborn
06-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by TheSpectator:

I respectfully disagree with your opinion, especially the "ezio's to old" argument which has been brought up so many times. Ezio"s half TWCB so he can be forgiven for keeping fit in his old age.

With regards to the E3 demo. It was really just meant to showcase the new set pieces and game mechanics. While I don't like the idea of the bombs i'm willing to be proven wrong.

The flamethrower seemed to serve a purpose. If he was breaking through the front door of a templar stronghold with a flamethrower and committing templar genocide I'd understand your point, but extreme situations (like a blockade of ships) sometimes require extreme measures that stealth tactics can't provide.

Lol...Ezio isn't "half" TWCB; both his parents are human, remember. That being said, I disagree with most of the OP'S specific points, but I DO agree with his GENERAL point: this "once a year" release is going to ruin the AC series.

The AC series is already showing a "Call of Duty" trend, with each "new" game turning out to be just like the previous one-with a few minor differences. The BEST FEATURES of the AC series are their STORIES, their ORIGINALITY and theiR UNIQUE HISTORICAL SETTINGS. All of these things will surely suffer with this "once-a-year" thing.

I personally believe that AC2 is the best AC game made-because it had superior story and presentation to the other two. ACB is almost as good-but the scriptwriting, story and presentation just aren't as good as AC2's.

Conniving_Eagle
06-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Quoting someone when I say I am approaching Assassin's Creed with trepidation, but my fingers remain crossed. If only Ubisoft read our threads. They will ignore the ones that took 30 minutes to write and talk about how the game should be and how Ubisoft could do it(I mean come on, it's not like we're not giving you ideas). But they'll read a thread with some 12-year old kid saying Combat is too hard and that Ezio should be able to blow up buildings. Anyways, I only have one thing to correct you about.

Ezio's Age: We've already made a bunch of threads debunking that he would be too old to still be an assassin. And also, remember, Ezio had the apple of eden for quite a few years before he hid it, so who knows what he learned, what it does, or how it changed him.

Calvarok
06-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Both bombs and Greek fire existed at this time, though we have no evidence that bombs as powerful as the one that blew up the lighthouse did exist.

We haven't seen a challenging part of the game yet, and AC's combat has never been hard. It's been slow and jerky, and now at least that's gone. Assassinating a target in a stylish manner without being detected has always been difficult.

iN3krO
06-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:

CoD I can understand but what's wrong with BF3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Both have VERY large explosions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

He wants to get away from that - I myself will play anything [looking forward to BF3 etc] http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to say **** at you right now... when playing Ac1 i'm playing stealth-type game.. unlike Ac2/B...

CoD and BF are meant to be about explosions and weapons, AC NOT! -.-''

do you understand why i say Ac shouldn't have bombs (smoke or frag or whatever) and i still like CoD and BF?...

crash3
06-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Problem is, Ubisoft didnt show us at E3, any of the features that we all asked for which was mainly more challenging stealth and combat (harder game in general)

but all we got was ezio bulldozing his way through a load of guards yet again and leaving a path of destruction

At least the ACB demo showed the Templars carrying out the destruction and actually defeating ezio despite us later finding out that ACB turned out to be the easiest game yet in the series (gotta love the irony!!)

SleezeRocker
06-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Yay! I can't wait for Call of Assassin's: Modern Assassisn's 3 and Battle Assassin's 3!! YEAH!!!....Not! lol

Well some people hate the idea of bombs and flamethrowers but I guess they'ye bieng implented since technology is advancing each time.
AC2-Hidden Gun, Flying machine
ACB- Parachute, Guns are becoming prestige for military/guards
ACR- new kinds of bombs (perhaps 1st step of I.E.D.: Improvised Explosive Device), liquid inferno (flamethrower- Who knows how they'll reference the flamethrower in ACR O_o)

So if enemies are blae to adapt to getting better equipment than before, Ezio (I suppose any Assassin) would have to improvise and overcome what avaliable to them.

Personally I probalby won't be using the bomb maker much (unless it is required for a trophy; yeah not many people care about trophies, neither do I, but for Assassin's Creed it's an exception, I don't really mind going for the Platinum for AC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

DeafAtheist
06-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Before Brotherhood came out people complained about seeing DaVinci machines in use in gameplay footage, but after playing the game it's quite obvious that they handled it well within the story by having Ezio destroy them but giving us a chance to use them before destroying them. Before even getting them we had to get thru some regular stealthy gameply... locate the architect, then get to the machine itself by avoiding or dispatching guards you encountered on the way. The machines didn't seem out of place in the game at all and I trust Ubisoft will do the same with things like the flamethrower we saw in the E3 gameplay demo.

I really think it's premature to complain about stuff like this before getting our hands on the game and playing it ourselves and once we do we can see the big picture.

As for the bombs, the whole point of them is giving the player a choice whether they want to use regular smoke bombs or something more or less lethal. Just because the ability to craft a bomb that is capable of killing a small group of guards doesn't mean we will have to use them if they don't fit our style of playing. I personally prefer more stealthy play so I don't see myself making too many explosive bombs in Revelations beyond experimenting.

Same goes for the Brotherhood BAM ability in Brotherhood. I was skeptical about having NPCs do my fighting for me in a game where combat is already so simple one could complete the entire game without ever dying once in combat, and I'll admit that in playing Brotherhood myself it is indeed a little too easy. The cooldown period between uses is too fast. I often found myself only using 1 or 2 of the BAM slots and by the time I wanted to use another they were already filled back up unless performed an arrow strike but that was rare. But despite the fact that BAM is a little overpowered it fit direction of Ezio's story and fit nicely into the game.

As for Ezio's age... it's naive to think that a man in his 50's or 60's can't keep themselves physically fit and healthy. Chuck Norris for instance is in his 70's now. He was in his 50's when he was doing Walker.

So yeah...

Cool story bro! :-P

SIDE NOTE: Getting 100% sync on the tank mission and the flying bomber mission were the 2 hardest ones for me to get. While decidedly unstealthy parts of the missions getting thru them without taking any hits proved challenging.

Eric_490
06-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Ezio lives in 1511, has ran, fought, and free ran almost every day of his ENTIRE LIFE, is part THCB, and was in possession of a piece of eden.

A NINETY TWO YEAR OLD woman just ran a marathon and finished it.

Ezio is FIFTY TWO.

There is a hotel in my town owned by an 88 year old man.

He wakes up every morning and RUNS FIVE MILES.

EZIO IS FIFTY TWO.

He is more than capable of performing all off his assassin duties. And besides its a GAME, I would like any of you nay sayers to find one person in this world who can hold onto a fist sized rock on a flat wall, and swing and jump ten feet to another one.

Even in real life, Ezio in top physical condition at 18 years of age wouldn't be able to perform some of the feats of climbing shown in game.

As for the running and fighting hes only 52 freakin years old, hes fine.

Furthermore: In the future of 2012 do you think the assassins are still using hidden blades versus the templars with automatic weapons, kevlar, helicopters, and who knows what?

I think not. As the series has gone on technology has progressed and the assassins have been forced to use better technology to compete with the templars.

As for people saying "Theres not enough stealth" I just played through sequence 2,3,4,5,6, and 7 again in ACB. Almost every mission involved stealth, I just had to use it.

And as for the big set pieces, thats NOT THE WHOLE DAMN GAME! Those are a few epic scenes meant to be one thing, EPIC.

Ezio is what one would call a badass. He kill templars and gets things done so its okay if once in a while he wants to do something epic.

That whole scene with the blockade chain made perfect sense, if some of you had paid attention you would have heard the devs say that it takes place when Ezio is finding the last of Altair's seals.

Its makes perfect sense to have this because its near the end, an epic grand finally and there still was an element of stealth with the lone assassin setting off the chain reaction and running through the chaos.

Its all going to be fun, theres going to be stealth, theres going to be explosions, and theres going to be an awesome story.

And I cant stress enough that there IS STEALTH. There always had been and always will be! There is just more in the game!

in AC1 there were 9 assassinations and that was basically all you did.

In AC2 and onward there is a larger more epic and advanced story. Hes not just going around collecting info and killing someone over and over 9 times. The stealth is still there, is just that there are all kinds of extra plotlines, missions, and cool set pieces built up around it so it seems like there is less.

Pay attention and have fun.

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/068/894/original/cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg?1283216613

MXiMike
06-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Life expectancy was much worse in the 16th century ffs.... back in Ezio's time most people would be very lucky to get to 40.

kriegerdesgottes
06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
I don't blame you but I still have some hope for the franchise. Besides there is no other game that I enjoy playing as much as AC. I will admit that RDR is a downright better game than any AC but I would rather play AC than RDR. I respect your opinion though and can't blame ya for it.

Eric_490
06-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by MXiMike:
Life expectancy was much worse in the 16th century ffs.... back in Ezio's time most people would be very lucky to get to 40.

Yes your right I forgot to include that. The only reason people didnt live as long was not because people had not evolved or because it was 1500. It was simply lack of medical technology. But if people didnt go to places with the plague or eat rotten food they would be fine! Obviously those arent the only things that would kill you but things like that in general could be avoided.

There are people in Africa who live with sticks, stones, and mud houses. Some of the oldest people ever recorded have been these people.

Its not the people, its the quality of life, and some managed to live long. Its not like Ezio is just some lucky peasant either. Hes an assassin whos part TWCB, was in possession of the apple of eden, is in very good shape, and because its 1511 foods are not Mcdonalds and Burger King. If your lucky or an assassin like Ezio they are fresh fruits and meat.

beatledude210
06-19-2011, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eric_490:
Ezio lives in 1511, has ran, fought, and free ran almost every day of his ENTIRE LIFE, is part THCB, and was in possession of a piece of eden.

Ezio is FIFTY TWO.

EZIO IS FIFTY TWO.

Something similar to your stories, one day an 89 year old man walked into my family owned business and started talking with my brother on fitness and exercise. He then proceeded to do 15 one handed push ups. 15 and he was 89. Ezio can easily do the things he does in Revelations, with all the activity he does. Plus he has TWCB blood in him.

Eric_490
06-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by beatledude210:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eric_490:

Ezio is FIFTY TWO.

EZIO IS FIFTY TWO.

Something similar to your stories, one day an 89 year old man walked into my family owned business and started talking with my brother on fitness and exercise. He then proceeded to do 15 one handed push ups. 15 and he was 89. Ezio can easily do the things he does in Revelations, with all the activity he does. Plus he has TWCB blood in him.

Precisely. I know a retired US Army Major whos 57 and can do one handed pullups still. and he's only 57.

Blind2Society
06-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Eric_490:
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/068/894/original/cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg?1283216613
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Best one yet.

ThaWhistle
06-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by MXiMike:

people in renaissance italy, especially the wealthy were actually pretyt well off, and you can find many examples of people living well past the age of 60.

Gasketfuse
06-20-2011, 02:49 AM
Old people can still kick ***. (http://www.cracked.com/article_19242_6-old-people-who-could-kick-your-***.html)

Stowdace
06-20-2011, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Getting 100% sync on the tank mission and the flying bomber mission were the 2 hardest ones for me to get.

Agreed, the tank mission especially was terrible for me until I finally got it.

DavisP92
06-20-2011, 07:08 AM
He has a point, AC is starting to get away from what made the original game so different and enjoyable. Instead Ubisoft is trying to connect with gamers, the gamers that even play the game, and is forgetting about the ones that do play it.

I would hate to see AC become like the COD series. which in a way it is, but it is losing all the great things that made Assassinís Creed, well Assassinís Creed.

stop focusing on destruction, and listen to the intelligent ppl on this forum saying they want unscripted assassinations, better stealth (social stealth as well), more challenging guards, and the feeling that we are an assassin and not a terminator going on a path of destruction.

Still like AC, imo iím a unsure if i will be purchasing this game. I will wait and see how they did the assassinations and what they did with the assassin dens. (ACBís assassin recruits were just horrible, mainly because the dev team said that u could do so many things with them and then took it out without saying so. custimization on what weapons they used, which theyíre more skilled with, skill in parkour, even changing the type of clothing they wear) but all we could do is color and give them a higher level of what Ubisoft had wanted them to wear and use. so it was like lil ezios were just running around haha

eagleforlife1
06-20-2011, 07:41 AM
People don't need to justify Ezio's fitness with TWCB of PoEs. It is possible to remain fit at 52 (he's not 102). Google Jeffrey Life he's 72 and not doing too bad.

Windrius
06-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
Problem is, Ubisoft didnt show us at E3, any of the features that we all asked for which was mainly more challenging stealth and combat (harder game in general)

Dude, AC:R will be hard as hell.. Since Ezio is 50+ yo, every few mins you will be under "ohh, my back hurts" status and won't be able to do anything for a few seconds! So you will have to plan and be stealthy to win. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

iN3krO
06-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Windrius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

Dude, AC:R will be hard as hell.. Since Ezio is 50+ yo, every few mins you will be under "ohh, my back hurts" status and won't be able to do anything for a few seconds! So you will have to plan and be stealthy to win. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, ubisoft won't do such a thing and we are not asking for it... we are asking for a more realistic combat system so that the stealth options will be easier than the combat options (as in ac1)... even if the combat is easy as ****, the combat should only be faster than stealthy if we are skilled enough.. but that's just our opinion, not ubi's one :P

xx-pyro
06-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

Dude, AC:R will be hard as hell.. Since Ezio is 50+ yo, every few mins you will be under "ohh, my back hurts" status and won't be able to do anything for a few seconds! So you will have to plan and be stealthy to win. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, ubisoft won't do such a thing and we are not asking for it... we are asking for a more realistic combat system so that the stealth options will be easier than the combat options (as in ac1)... even if the combat is easy as ****, the combat should only be faster than stealthy if we are skilled enough.. but that's just our opinion, not ubi's one :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you really so naive that you believe the majority of people want these changes? On the forums, yes, I would agree with you. Personally, yes, I agree with you. Problem is, people on forums =/= fanbase, and the fact is, Ubisoft makes their games to maximize profits, to appeal to as wide of an audience as possible, and to please the majority of that audience.

Right now, they are succeeding. I'm not saying don't post/have your own opinion, but don't try to make it sound like your opinion is the right opinion.

RzaRecta357
06-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSpectator:

Lol...Ezio isn't "half" TWCB; both his parents are human, remember. That being said, I disagree with most of the OP'S specific points, but I DO agree with his GENERAL point: this "once a year" release is going to ruin the AC series.

The AC series is already showing a "Call of Duty" trend, with each "new" game turning out to be just like the previous one-with a few minor differences. The BEST FEATURES of the AC series are their STORIES, their ORIGINALITY and theiR UNIQUE HISTORICAL SETTINGS. All of these things will surely suffer with this "once-a-year" thing.

I personally believe that AC2 is the best AC game made-because it had superior story and presentation to the other two. ACB is almost as good-but the scriptwriting, story and presentation just aren't as good as AC2's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He obviously wasn't being literal when he said half. He just means he has the blood. A blood that can let him see special things beyond that of a human, so I could also see it maybe making him a bit more agile. Who knows.

Ezios dad didn't have Desmonds face. But Ezio did. There's obviously a special reason for that.

Anyway, TC. The flamethrowers were real. Do your homework.

Hey TC, you know that ships used canons back in the day right? You know they store tons of gun powder under the deck right? I guess you didn't since you complained about exploding ships the way my buddy in real life did.

samward
06-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Before Brotherhood came out people complained about seeing DaVinci machines in use in gameplay footage, but after playing the game it's quite obvious that they handled it well within the story by having Ezio destroy them but giving us a chance to use them before destroying them. Before even getting them we had to get thru some regular stealthy gameply... locate the architect, then get to the machine itself by avoiding or dispatching guards you encountered on the way. The machines didn't seem out of place in the game at all and I trust Ubisoft will do the same with things like the flamethrower we saw in the E3 gameplay demo.

I really think it's premature to complain about stuff like this before getting our hands on the game and playing it ourselves and once we do we can see the big picture.

As for the bombs, the whole point of them is giving the player a choice whether they want to use regular smoke bombs or something more or less lethal. Just because the ability to craft a bomb that is capable of killing a small group of guards doesn't mean we will have to use them if they don't fit our style of playing. I personally prefer more stealthy play so I don't see myself making too many explosive bombs in Revelations beyond experimenting.

Same goes for the Brotherhood BAM ability in Brotherhood. I was skeptical about having NPCs do my fighting for me in a game where combat is already so simple one could complete the entire game without ever dying once in combat, and I'll admit that in playing Brotherhood myself it is indeed a little too easy. The cooldown period between uses is too fast. I often found myself only using 1 or 2 of the BAM slots and by the time I wanted to use another they were already filled back up unless performed an arrow strike but that was rare. But despite the fact that BAM is a little overpowered it fit direction of Ezio's story and fit nicely into the game.

As for Ezio's age... it's naive to think that a man in his 50's or 60's can't keep themselves physically fit and healthy. Chuck Norris for instance is in his 70's now. He was in his 50's when he was doing Walker.

So yeah...

Cool story bro! :-P

SIDE NOTE: Getting 100% sync on the tank mission and the flying bomber mission were the 2 hardest ones for me to get. While decidedly unstealthy parts of the missions getting thru them without taking any hits proved challenging.

well said mate!

samward
06-20-2011, 11:11 AM
The key to being a good assassin is not determined by how invisible you are; but is determined by your skill of selecting an approach to a mission that will yield the most advantageous outcome.

Sometimes that means laying low and being patient in order to not be discovered. Other times it requires you to use speed and make a bit of a scene. The object of an Assassin is to get the job done and not get caught.

In the case of the lighthouse, Ezio has no other options, he could tip toe around it all day, but that lighthouse was not going away, where as by blowing it to bits he created a distraction that gave him the upper hand to use his speed, to kill those who opposed him and escape.

I think it is great and all to speculate what ACR will bring...it seems to me that a lot of people have given up speculating and have gone on to assuming and deciding what the new game will bring. Ubi have hardly released any video coverage of the game yet. There will be so much more in the next few months...lets just wait and play the game before we decide what the game will be like...

iN3krO
06-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:

Not really, ubisoft won't do such a thing and we are not asking for it... we are asking for a more realistic combat system so that the stealth options will be easier than the combat options (as in ac1)... even if the combat is easy as ****, the combat should only be faster than stealthy if we are skilled enough.. but that's just our opinion, not ubi's one :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you really so naive that you believe the majority of people want these changes? On the forums, yes, I would agree with you. Personally, yes, I agree with you. Problem is, people on forums =/= fanbase, and the fact is, Ubisoft makes their games to maximize profits, to appeal to as wide of an audience as possible, and to please the majority of that audience.

Right now, they are succeeding. I'm not saying don't post/have your own opinion, but don't try to make it sound like your opinion is the right opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a guy said to ppl start saying US instead of ME (we instead of i) so that it would look more important :P i just thought it was a good idea :P