PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU understand the shotgun rule? Random Car trivia

Jagdklinger
10-08-2005, 05:20 PM
First, the Shotgun Rule
I found a really useful guide here (http://www.shotgunguide.com/) which has proved really useful when dealing with those (usualy female) who do not understand the naunces of this universal rule.
-Any home rules of your own?

Random Vehicle Trivia
I'd also like to hear from any weird driving experiences/reminisences have: i.e. the time your sister spewed down the side of the Mazda and stripped the paint, the longest song of '99999 green bottles standing on the wall...' the time you drove over granny's foot...

jds1978
10-08-2005, 05:43 PM
we always used the "Sniper" rule which allowed any loser (ie: comm, b****, etc) to call "SNIPER"...this would, in effect, nullify the the winner (ie: SHOTGUN position). The person who called "SNIPER" first then got "SHOTGUN" position....the only way to prevent this was to call "SHOTGUN...NO SNIPERS" or, more simply just "SHOTY...NO SNIPES" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Tully__
10-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Jagdklinger, sig rules breach. Have a gander at the Sig Test thread stickied near the top of the General Discussion forum.

han freak solo
10-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Random Vehicle Trivia
I'd also like to hear from any weird driving experiences/reminisences have: i.e. the time your sister spewed down the side of the Mazda and stripped the paint, the longest song of '99999 green bottles standing on the wall...' the time you drove over granny's foot...

My best were from long ago.

Here's one from 1985. In the parking lot of my tech school dorm, me and my buddies were riding wheelies on our motorcycles. It's now my turn and being this is my first motorcycle I've got a lot to learn. So we're a bunch of idiots doing this in a full parking lot on a school day.

Now it's my turn .... again. I line up my trusty Yamaha, twist the throttle while fanning the clutch, lifting the nose to the sky. I over do it ..... I'm now doing the wheelie-run-behind. My hands are still on the bars but my feet are taking giant strides on the pavement at 25 mph. My buddies are enjoying the show because each step I take is about 15 feet from the last step.

Finally, I get my hand to reverse the throttle at the same moment I plant a foot solidly ..... shoving the bike back to horizontal. Tough part is I land on the bike, nuts to the gas tank ..... with full force.

Saved the bike but not the nads. My friends were dying from laughter. Thanks guys.

han freak solo
10-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Fosters beer can test, the steel ones.

On the same Yamaha, I had just came back from the local store with a 24 oz. Fosters in a paper bag that I was holding with my clutch hand.

I was riding on the sidewalk to ride through the pedestrian gate of the apartments I was living at. Well, being the 20 year old idiot that I was, I couldn't pass up a flat piece of sidewalk without trying a wheelie.

Twist the throttle, fan the clutch, front wheel goes up. Paper bag goes up. Beer can stays put...in the air. Beer can falls down from the previous position in the air.

That Fosters beer can falls right in the path of my only wheel still in contact with the ground. That can kicked up the rear of my bike slamming the front wheel back to earth. My nads on the gas tank......again.

That can of Fosters never burst.

I used it to chill my injury both locally and generally.

AlGroover
10-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Jumped in my car after work circa '75 not noticing my flares were shut in the door. Things were ok until came time to brake with my now mysteriously paralysed leg. Similar thing happened with those jeans and a motorcycle kickstart lever. You young 'uns don't know what you missed.

SithSpeeder
10-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Han Freak, you tell a mean story! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

In college, I had a '75 Ford LTD (the Land Yacht). It got 3.2 mpg. After a full tune up, it was up to 5 mpg. Anyways, I went out to dinner with a girl I had a crush on and two of her friends. It was winter time in Ann Arbor and I had my favorite scarf on. Well, sitting at an intersection waiting to turn left, the girls whispered something, then all hell broke loose as they attacked me to get my beloved scarf. My foot came off the brake pedal in the struggle. Because my wheel was already turned, we drifted out into oncoming traffic....

A pizza delivery guy driving a VW Golf swung into view--his eyes were as large as dinner plates as he jammed on his brakes (but didn't slow down much). CRUNCH!!!! My car hardly moved...his kinda ricocheted backwards in a heap. After getting a moving violation (ticket) for "failing to yield" from the police, I drove away. They swept up the pieces of his car and towed the rest.

It was the first and last time I've ever had three women attack me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif .

* _54th_Speeder *

"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather--
not screaming like the passengers in his car."