PDA

View Full Version : UBI Patch

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:48 AM
OK im not gonna come in here and start pitchin a fit, god knows enough have done that already. But I will say, I must side with the majority and express my utter dissapointment in the 1.1 patch, why UBI would release a beta patch, and not have a back-up or update ready to fix any problems is beyond me, and also, the game was fine before the patch and now since we all must have it to play, is a real bummer. I have followed the regedit and can join games, but I am one of those who cannot host, and with inspirations of forming a bomber group on UBI, im greatly limited!! So please, do something and get the host problem fixed! after all i spent enough money on the game, I would really like to be able to take advantage of ALL aspects of the game, instead of being limited by a patch!!

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:48 AM
OK im not gonna come in here and start pitchin a fit, god knows enough have done that already. But I will say, I must side with the majority and express my utter dissapointment in the 1.1 patch, why UBI would release a beta patch, and not have a back-up or update ready to fix any problems is beyond me, and also, the game was fine before the patch and now since we all must have it to play, is a real bummer. I have followed the regedit and can join games, but I am one of those who cannot host, and with inspirations of forming a bomber group on UBI, im greatly limited!! So please, do something and get the host problem fixed! after all i spent enough money on the game, I would really like to be able to take advantage of ALL aspects of the game, instead of being limited by a patch!!

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 04:37 AM
Hello VBF-15_Jaguar - Nice seeing you again ,

Three other guy's that I know of that always host games for everyone, myself ( JK-1 ) TX-CUDA and Bozomaddog.
Can play but not Host anymore and and with you not hosting anymore that pretty well knocks all the long time Server's off line on UBI .

BozoMaddog
09-10-2003, 05:30 PM
TTT

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:52 PM
JK-1 wrote:
- Hello VBF-15_Jaguar - Nice seeing you again ,
-
- Three other guy's that I know of that always host
- games for everyone, myself ( JK-1 ) TX-CUDA and
- Bozomaddog.
-
- Can play but not Host anymore and and with you
- not hosting anymore that pretty well knocks all the
- long time Server's off line on UBI .
-
-
-

Feedback from Hunter82:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_ts&id=zwepy

Hunter82 wrote:
- They are working on the issue...first the patch
- needed to be corrected and the game service for
- dedicated server software...don't quote me on that
- as it's just my best gues since the announcment of
- the proposed dedicated server software
-

The "Hosting via Router Problem" introduced beginning of August due to the 1.1b patch is not directly related to a specific IL-2 FB version as hosting via router works fine with Hyperlobby or in Multiplayer mode with ANY IL-2 FB version (1.0, 1.1b, 1.1, 1.11).

Instead the problem is the ubi.com software no longer able to handle hosting via router, only joining via router works.

My understanding is that Oleg can't do anything in this case, it's up to Ubi.

schofei

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:53 PM
That doesn't make sense.

BozoMaddog
09-10-2003, 06:46 PM

NOT SO I CALL UBI IT IS IL-2 FB PATCH ONLY

BOZOMADDOG

THX

BozoMaddog
09-10-2003, 06:48 PM

NOT SO I CALL UBI IT IS IL-2 FB PATCH ONLY

BOZOMADDOG

THX