PDA

View Full Version : Achieve a 5 kill streak - game bug?

abramburici
03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm stuck at this point, and it's going beyond frustration now.
I killed at least 5 guards without getting hit but I still fail. I succesfully counter killed 5 guards (one hit), still doesn't do it. I tried to look at the flashing diamons above enemies heads and target those guards, but Ezio is too dumb to respond in time, so eventually I get hit. It's even worse than AC2... can't help get the "I'm too busy walking into this guy's spear to listen to your commands" feel.
Why don't they even explain properly what they want from you? 5 kills in a row, all in 1 blow, without making contact with any other enemy (even a succesful block or counter kill)????

PWR87
03-23-2011, 04:11 PM
You have to do the execution streak. As you kill the fisrt guard, you push the direction of the next guard, and left click. This will instantly kill the next guard, and continue so on.

You can practice this in the Virtual Training.

mornegroth
03-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Yes, like the previous poster said, a streak is when you kill two or more enemies with one hit each. For example, a streak combination like: counter, attack, attack, counter would be a 4 kill streak (because you killed the first one with a counter and killed two others with one hit each, followed by another counter). You "unlock" the streak when you first kill an enemy, if during the animation you select another enemy and press attack Ezio will dispatch that given target immediately after, this "trick" can go on and on until you're done and it's very easy way of getting rid of big numbers (thieves, followers, sometimes guards, etc)

I found this pretty handy when I'm surrounded by Seekers and/or Brutes, the only thing I need is one normal guard (an easy kill) and from that I can exterminate anything around me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

El_Sjietah
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Start off with a kick. Even Papal Guards go down like militia that way.

mornegroth
03-23-2011, 05:22 PM
There's nothing better than starting the day with a kick in the balls and a blade in the gut.

*poor guards*

SnowTiger
10-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I too am having great difficulties with this issue. I have played through ACB 2 times completely but have never gotten 10 kill streaks of 5 kills. I did manage (somehow) to get 3 streaks the first time I played through the game but after killing probably (and literally) 500 guards, many in quick succession, I haven't obtained a singled kill streak this time round.

Is the trick and secret to it all that they MUST be killed with a Single Attack ?

I play on PC and use Arrow Keys for movement etc. Though I might select the next guy to kill, he'll always back away or we're in a fight where I must repeatedly kick and stab to kill him/them. I can't get passed Bronze even in training.
Fact is, I have purchased and played through each of the 3 AC games but only this one is giving me so much grief, especially this single requirement.

PS> "IF" and when I ever do get 10 kill streaks of 5 instant kills, thus finishing off all the guild quests, what do I get ?
Are there any more missions given OR am I just wasting my time trying to achieve this goal ?

AnthonyA85
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
If you're trying to compelete the Mercenary Guiold challange, then the reward is Bartolemaeo's battle axe.

SixKeys
10-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SnowTiger:
I too am having great difficulties with this issue. I have played through ACB 2 times completely but have never gotten 10 kill streaks of 5 kills. I did manage (somehow) to get 3 streaks the first time I played through the game but after killing probably (and literally) 500 guards, many in quick succession, I haven't obtained a singled kill streak this time round.

Is the trick and secret to it all that they MUST be killed with a Single Attack ?

Yes, you have to kill all five (or more) guards in single file. If one of them grabs you and breaks your streak, even if you manage to break loose quickly, it still means your streak has failed and you have to start the count over.

The most difficult part, I find, is finding enough guards in one place. Mostly they come in groups of two or four. Even if you manage to lure all six after you, you can only afford to mess up on one of them.

The best way to get the mercenary achievement is by replaying certain memories where you're forced to battle large numbers of guards at once. The mission where you're left behind to give Caterina time to escape is a good one. There you have a given amount of time in which guards will keep coming at you from all directions until the time is up. Just keep replaying that memory until you achieve enough kill streaks.

mrgoboom
10-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
If one of them grabs you and breaks your streak, even if you manage to break loose quickly, it still means your streak has failed and you have to start the count over.

This is not true if you escape and immediately attack you can continue your streak. Ive done it many times in virtual training. However, if you don't immediately execute the next guard you attack it means you have failed.

USA_SnowTiger
10-07-2011, 09:19 PM
So ultimately the secret is killing each of the 5 combatants with a Single Stroke (and all 5 very quickly re: overall time). ???

Thanks for the help folks. I'm feeling really useless at this game compared to the first 2.
I will try replaying some quests.
But I must know if the kill has to be with Single Strokes ?

SixKeys
10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
As soon as you execute one guard and target the next one, Ezio will automatically move on to that guard, and then the next, and so on. You don't have to worry about killing them within a certain time limit (the game does that for you as long as you keep smoothly moving from one target to the next). You do have to kill each guard with one blow.

Kicking a guard is usually a good way to start a streak. The agiles will generally dodge, so start with the captains, brutes or the ones with spears. Kick a guard, kill him, immediately point Ezio towards your next target and he will will kill that guy in one blow. Immediately target the next one, he will execute that guy, etc. The best thing to do is watch the guards' movements, you can often tell which one is planning to attack you next if they're moving restlessly. If you spot a guard looking restless, make sure you target him right after killing the first guy. That will minimize your chances of being hit or grabbed from behind.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 07:28 PM
This topic is half a year old..

cherieboileau
06-04-2017, 04:19 PM
I have been having issues in this game as well. I got it done in all of the previous games, got stuck on this challenge in this one, then came back to it now. I know I've completed it multiple times, but I'm not getting credit for it. Is it a GLITCH? Am I going to have to completely RESTART? That would totally Suck! I have been going to memory 4, the Sophia memory but am not getting credit.