PDA

View Full Version : NVidia 7800 GTX - Worth watching

BBloke
06-24-2005, 03:25 AM
I came across this and thought I would share.

NVidia 7800 GTX (http://news.designtechnica.com/article7692.html)

What TOMS had to say! (http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/200506221/index.html)

Enjoy!

1.JaVA_Razer
06-24-2005, 04:21 AM
Toms hardware is biased beyond question of a doubt. If you would've followed the stresstest between intel and AMD 's dual cores you would've noticed. They did practically everything in their might to make the intel come out as the best dual core proc even though it wasn't and it had A LOT of problems.

I'm not saying the 7800's aren't good and they ATi's 'll be better. But I just don't trust toms hardware any more. Look for reviews from OCworkbench, Xtreme Systems, Anandtech , they are the reliable sites. Toms hardware is not the way to go.

Also, wait it out.

The 7800's are expensive at the mo and in a month or 2 ATI will release their cards which will lower prices anyways.

Decide then

Jasko76
06-24-2005, 05:07 AM
No no no! G70 may be a king of the hill, for as long as it lasts. But for what price? Plus, nVidia said there will be no AGP version of 7800GTX, so in addition to new video cards, most people will need a new mobo and perhaps cpu.

I must admit, it's not what we all hoped for. Yes, it's seriously fast, but to see any benefit over 6800 or X850 you need to run it at insane resolutions, 1600x, or even 2024x. Can your monitor handle that? If not, add the new monitor to the list.

It has no new features worth mentioning - basically, "old" tech made faster still. Let's hope the next gen will be more exciting!

NonWonderDog
06-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Well, it has one new feature: antialiasing of masked textures. Fences and stuff.

It's not really worth it at the moment, but it does show a huge improvement in speed in BF2. Maybe the speed increase will become more apparent as newer games come out.

VW-IceFire
06-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Its quite a few percentage points out ahead of the previous generation of SLI models according to HardOCP.

So it looks like an amazing new card. Sounds very good. We'll see what they do for the mainstream market.