PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo - The Truth

Johno_efc
01-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Listening to one of the phone calls while discovering the truth, and it's a man talking about a "Shadow company" called "Abstergo"
He says that they're not listed anywhere blah blah blah.

In the game Abstergo is a Pharmaceutical company isn't it, so surely they would be known?

Shamboozled
01-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Good point!

AnthonyA85
01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Well, i could be wrong about this, but that phone call supposedly took place in the 50s or 60s, so there's no way of knowing exactly when Abstergo decided to "come into the light of day."

Johno_efc
01-10-2011, 11:33 AM
The date on that phone call is 2004.

"According to Gary, Coke, Kraft, Detroit, Wall Street, and the pharmaceutical industry all have ties to Abstergo."

So i suppose they could be operating under a different name.

They are reffered to as "Abstergo Holdings" in Vidic's emails, in the news report about the poisoning incident.

ShamrockGTX
01-10-2011, 07:29 PM
wait so Coca-Cola is templar?

I wonder what they put into the drinks.....

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

flyingeaglemile
01-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ShamrockGTX:
wait so Coca-Cola is templar?

I wonder what they put into the drinks.....

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Coke, they never stopped putting it in the drinks. They just used templar magic to hide it better.

NinjaShwin
01-14-2011, 01:18 AM
I am curious ... how does Ubisoft get away with, even in a facitious sense in a game, suggest that Coke is a company of Templar villains? Wouldn't the real Coke sue the **** out of them and crush them?

I sure hope they don't, and I hesitate bringing this up anywhere else, because I love the AC games and would prefer Coke-a-Cola leave Ubisoft alone so they can make many more (in 2012 and beyond), but I am deeply curious, and concerned about this.

magesupermaster
01-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by NinjaShwin:
I am curious ... how does Ubisoft get away with, even in a facitious sense in a game, suggest that Coke is a company of Templar villains? Wouldn't the real Coke sue the **** out of them and crush them?

I sure hope they don't, and I hesitate bringing this up anywhere else, because I love the AC games and would prefer Coke-a-Cola leave Ubisoft alone so they can make many more (in 2012 and beyond), but I am deeply curious, and concerned about this.

They refer to the company as simply 'Coke', not Coca-Cola.

Alpha Ender
01-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Interesting point. It was mentioned in the news a few times (read Vidic's mail) as Abstergo, and not all of Abstergo is the part you see. Lucy says in AC "They're Templars. They are really good at hiding it, but that's what they are" (not exact quote there). Perhaps Abstergo is known to everyone, but the Templar background isn't known except to the Templar masters and to the select employees using the Animi (?) or the ones who made it.

So, in short, imagine it as circles within circles; the powerful Templars under the guise of Abstergo. Or, perhaps, all of Vidic's mail was just edited to show "Abstergo" instead of a different company's name. Unlikely, but...

madjedo1
01-14-2011, 08:32 AM
hehe yup.

In AC1 mails abstergo is even said to be listed on the stockmarket so this is odd... "Not being listed ANYWHERE"

But then again... filler content explains it haha

Johno_efc
01-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Maybe as they have holdings in the pharmaceutical industry (where desmond is held in AC1) they only refer to it as Abstergo internally.

Mr_Shade
01-14-2011, 10:14 AM
We do have an pinned ongoing thread which is intended for this..

Official Member Theories *Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2951020209)

Please post your theories there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif