PDA

View Full Version : I love hunting near the french coastline

Menthol_moose
04-10-2005, 02:15 AM
After sinking a few merchant ships and making a quick run for the coast across from dover, I was chased by at least 2 armed trawlers and a destroyer. Report a contact list over the radio, and then a swam of stuka's arrived and caused some major chaos to the chasing boats. 2 boats were sunk but bits of stuka were falling out of the air all over the place. I love this game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Menthol_moose
04-10-2005, 02:15 AM
After sinking a few merchant ships and making a quick run for the coast across from dover, I was chased by at least 2 armed trawlers and a destroyer. Report a contact list over the radio, and then a swam of stuka's arrived and caused some major chaos to the chasing boats. 2 boats were sunk but bits of stuka were falling out of the air all over the place. I love this game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

alanschu
04-10-2005, 05:18 AM
You were able to radio a contact report when it wasn't a convoy?

I've only been able to radio convoys.

con20or
04-10-2005, 07:28 AM
ive never radioed anythin in cos i still havent found a convoy. can u radio single ship encounters in?like a ship uve disabled but wont sink and you have no ammo left?

what have the rest of you found?

Menthol_moose
04-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Im not sure if radio'ing contact and patrol report made the stukas turn up, but it was very helpful and ammusing to see friendly assistance in action.

Dr.Trespasser
04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
You can radio any type of contact in. If the contact is an enemy and you are in range of a friendly air base, there is a chance that they will send out a strike on the contact/s. I forgot what the % chance was but if you mess around in your CFG you can find it, it also has certain modifiers too.

archer49d
04-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Thats awesome, the only time I ran into the luftwaffe was off the coast of Norway, when they took credit for a kill that was 99% mine, I had severly damaged a coastal merchant and out of nowhere a Stuka dopped a bomb on it (which got there just as my last round was inbound) and hit a fraction of a second earlier, I don't know if mine would have been the lethal one, but the dive bomber's one definitley was.

alanschu
04-10-2005, 08:43 PM
How do you radio in other contacts?

It only ever shows a contact report if I do it when I'm engaging a convoy.

panthercules
04-10-2005, 09:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alanschu:
How do you radio in other contacts?

It only ever shows a contact report if I do it when I'm engaging a convoy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah - I keep trying to do this too, but whether it's for convoys or just ships it never really seems to do any good or even acknowledge that I've done it - regardless of which button I press to send a report (either contact or patrol/status), it looks like a regular status report in my radio log book, and if I ever do get a response it's the same old "keep up the good work" **** from BdU - we could really use some more attention to the radio traffic - as they say over in the IL-2 forums, the radio traffic in SH3 is way "undermodelled" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif