PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR5 or TrackIR4 Pro

gothkrieger
01-10-2011, 09:24 PM
TrackIR5 or TrackIR4 Pro
Thinking of picking one up, which would you recommend and why.
Heard some were having problems with IR5.

Godly12
01-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Im still using the TrackIR 3Pro for my games. Ive had it since it first came out. If either of the newer models are this good, you cant go wrong with either. If you can afford the 5 thats what I would get. I consider you a lucky duck! LOL.

Sillius_Sodus
01-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Real men use the hat switch.

.....and get shot down a lot! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ytareh
01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Well I went from TIR3 Pro with Vector Expansion to TIR5 and would heartily recommend it .I know its dear but relative to graphics cards, or cpus even, its a bargain!And sooo much more practical use in this game .Its just foolproof plug and play unlike the 3 which required lots of tweaking...not worth the risk getting the 4 ...go 5!!!

WholeHawg
01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
I have owned both the TIR4 Pro and TIR5 and the 5 wins hands down, especially if you use the latest software, I think its 5.0.

I found that the TIR 5 was a lot less finicky about lining up perfectly with my sensors.

I would also recommend the TrackClip Pro. The only thing bad I have to say about it is its a little flimsy, I broke mine when I dropped my headset but was able to repair it easily enough with the addition of a screw. The up side is, in conjunction with the new software and TIR 5 its a huge improvement over my TIR4

andrew8412
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
The tracking is the same but 5 is more smooth and accurate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJuyUhRXucA
You can use 5's software with 4 so that's a non issue.

C.W.M.V.
01-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Ive never used anything prior to TIR5, but honestly I couldn't go back to playing without it.
I got mine new for significantly below the normal price on ebay.

WTE_Galway
01-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Godly12:
Im still using the TrackIR 3Pro for my games. Ive had it since it first came out. If either of the newer models are this good, you cant go wrong with either. If you can afford the 5 thats what I would get. I consider you a lucky duck! LOL.

I still use a 3PRO though to be honest I spend way more time skinning than playing these days.

But even a 3PRO (with vector expansion) is 3 times better than IL2 without head tracking.