PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Assassin's Creed 2 Not Have Online?

SillyGoo
12-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Why don't they make Assassin's Creed have online? It would of been really fun. Oh well, maybe in Assassin's Creed 3.

Acastle
12-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Because it's not designed for online. Not every game needs it, especially not AC.

TooLazy4Name
12-30-2009, 10:53 PM
I agree with Acastle, i would have liked online but they would have to change the mechanics around so drastically, or implement a class system (be a brute, agile, footsoldier, ETC) and have some serious lag experts there to make it even slightly enjoyable.

I for one WANT online in AC, it would be awesome in my opinion especially if its not made poorly and if theres no lag. however, AC can stand alone without multiplayer anyhow, so it doesnt really matter.

SirDanielot
12-30-2009, 11:32 PM
I personally wouldn't like online, especially if they added online achievments. I heard on some sites that there would be online.

Delta_Canuckian
12-31-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't AC is designed for multiplayer. I'm sure if you sat and thought for a few hours you could come up with a decent idea, but I think if you're going to add in online, you have to do it well. That was my worry with Uncharted 2, and now is something I'm worried about with Dead Space 2.

I think the extent of online for Assassin's Creed would be to add challenge rooms (like what Batman: Arkham Asylum has) and/or co-op.

Jeremyjebz
12-31-2009, 05:32 PM
I DO NOT think that ac2 should have online. Even simply having coop would be too much for me. One person who already beat the game could just do a mission for someone. And it would take away from the feel of Assassins creed to add multiplayer

Delta_Canuckian
12-31-2009, 06:52 PM
I didn't specifically say that the co-op would be drop-in, drop-out to that person's story mode like Borderlands, but I see where you're coming from, and I agree. You'd have to keep them separate I'd think, and if it were done right it could be cool.

GariStz
12-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Acastle:
Because it's not designed for online. Not every game needs it, especially not AC.

Indeed.

Why should every game need to have a multiplayer option? Who ever said that? Whats with all the people "We want a MP in AC!!!"?

OH! Let me guess why almost all the people want every game to have a MP:

Because the game's story mode nowadays is SHORT. They pay a 60 bucks for a game that is no more long than a 8 hours (example - Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 5, OR with a 4 hour campaign like the overrated CoD MW2...). And because the games are so short, they want a MP to play longer and enjoy more from the game...

My point is, now we have AC2, witch is designed for a single player experience, witch is minimum 15 hours long for a fast play through, and more than a 40 hours if you do side missions and stuff...

So everyone should chill out...

Soccermad21
12-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Id really enjoy an onlinemode wher the culd be 2 teams the templars and assassins and have it like a battle format with archers and horses and stuff like a medieval type war.

Jaloko
12-31-2009, 10:48 PM
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Just imagine how 64 Assassins jumpin around would look like.</span>

MatthewHurwitz
12-31-2009, 11:56 PM
A nice addition to Assassin's Creed 3 is Co-Op.

Jeremyjebz
01-01-2010, 01:18 AM
I actually did not think of having a seperate mode for coop, like resistance 2. They could also put in a set of challenge with leaderboards or something too I suppose. But that would probably get d really fast.

alorne
01-01-2010, 02:52 AM
I always tought that an online version would be fun, put like five people in a city and your job is to hunt the others down and kill them before they kill you. Wouldent really go along with the story at all, but would still be fun.

JeffXNS
01-01-2010, 07:15 AM
I have to disagree with everyone set from SillyGoo, I personally think online would be great, you could do the missons again but with another assassin.

Then instead of the activities you do with a npc like race and beat the time, you could do it with the other assassin it would be great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Especially when you could fight eatch other to test your new moves out, it would be great!

Mykonos_Fan
01-01-2010, 07:46 AM
I like my Assassin's Creed games as an offline, single-player experience. I don't mind being able to take stats and what-not online (See: Web Battles), but aside from that, I don't really see the point.