PDA

View Full Version : Best places in Forence

HIBEE12
06-13-2011, 12:05 PM
in augustim in forence for a week and i'd like to know what the best places to visit straight away are ? i plan to see everything but what things are best to see first, im also going to a day trip to rome, any things there or in tuscany, yes someone has created a post simular to this but id like to ask it myself

O6EvolutionIXMR
06-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Was in Florence for 4 days of the 2 weeks my wife and I spent in Italy for our honeymoon.

Make sure you visit Palazzo Vecchio, Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore, Basilica of Santa Croce, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, Ponte Vecchio. Santa Croce is a must as it has many famous tombs inside. The Uffizi gallery is also a must but you will have to buy the tickets in advance because the line is ridiculous. Almost as bad as the one to get into Vatican city. In there you will see some of the some of the oldest, most famous artwork in the world.
Fortunately for us, we paid for everything up front months ahead of our trip (roadtoitaly.com) and we never waited in lines and we had private guides for each city we visited which catered to just us. They had a wealth of information and had studies in history. One of them even wrote a book which was at one of the gift shops in Santa Croce hehe.

Pictures I took on my trip...

http://andreneves.net/f327303846