PDA

View Full Version : (SPOILERS) Desmond in "Truth" Video for AC: 2 (SPOILERS)

d-ShLuM
12-07-2010, 10:47 PM
After watching the "Truth" video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beAwQz4eV_g&feature=related) for AC: 2 again, I got to thinking.. The setting/time period of the video is when TWCB (Those who came before (Juno & Minerva)) created the first humans in their own image, Adam and Eve, who you see in the video. I'm sure this is nothing new to most of you.

When I first watched the video, I disregarded it because I didn't understand it. Also, I always thought the only dialogue was between Adam and Eve:

Eve - "Adam, I have it."

Adam - "Eve."

However, after playing AC: Brotherhood and learning that Desmond has to find "Eve" in "Eden", I put two and two together and realized that the voice in the video saying "Eve" is not Adam, it is someone behind them who was chasing them (my guess is Desmond). If you watch closely, Eve turns around because she notices someone is behind them, then we hear someone say "Eve", followed by Adam turning around. The voice sounds like it is coming from behind them, rather then from Adam, and it sounds an awful lot like Desmond.

Here, watch the "Truth" video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgzzeyuejyg) for AC: Brotherhood and see if you think Desmond's voice matches up with the voice that says "Eve" in the AC: 2 "Truth" video.

If the voice doesn't belong to Desmond, my second guess would be Subject 16.

Tell me what you think..

Sevisan
12-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Can't be Desmond or Subject 16. They live thousands of years in the future.

d-ShLuM
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Sevisan:
Can't be Desmond or Subject 16. They live thousands of years in the future.

I know, but it could be a sign/symbol that Desmond is going to find "Eve". Maybe it is a hint for what is to come..

E.X.O.D.U.S
12-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Good find! What if it isn't in the past? I think you're right to be honest Shlum. Somehow, maybe through collecting all of the PoE's or something Desmond may go to this. Would be very, very interesting!

mg6623
12-10-2010, 10:47 AM
honest
I definitely think there is a possibility that it is the future now that you point it out. Minerva does say that their kind left earth, maybe (this is a shot in the dark) they took adam and eve with them to another planet to try build up another species, (it obviously got messed up the first time) or something and that is were the first truth takes place. That would rule out them being far in the future or past and Desmond would just have to travel there using the piece of eden or something.

Brett_Master5
12-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Erm... The Animus shows the memories in an over-the-shoulder view. If that were not evident enough during the games, thus why Subject 16 viewing it from an over-the-shoulder view?

And /sigh ... The Truth has nothing to do with Desmond's memories. It is the memories of Subject 16 so there is no reason for Desmond to be a part of them. Nor has there been any suggestion of someone in 2012 being able to affect the memories of ancestors.

E-Zekiel
12-12-2010, 03:19 AM
There was a site with credits that credited Nolan North (Desmond's voice actor) with voicing Adam.

Tyzer193
12-12-2010, 02:38 PM
There was a site with credits that credited Nolan North (Desmond's voice actor) with voicing Adam.
This.

TheRighteousOne
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
They're not going to hire a voice actor, have him come into the studio, and then have him say 1 word. Games often recycle voice actors for the minor parts. So while its the same actor doing the voicing, I don't think you should read into it.

Abeonis
12-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by TheRighteousOne:
They're not going to hire a voice actor, have him come into the studio, and then have him say 1 word. Games often recycle voice actors for the minor parts. So while its the same actor doing the voicing, I don't think you should read into it.

Actually, many game do do this.

@Brett_Master5: Subject 16 and Desmond are both related, as such, the each share the genetic memories of a number of ancestors,including both Altair and Ezio Auditore. Since 16 has genetic memories from Adam and/or Eve, so does Desmond.

Finally, it was Adam speaking in the video.

tk-42117
01-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Nolan North was not the only recycled person, they based the faces of Desmond, Ezio, and Altair all on one guy. Lucy, Shaun, and I think Rebecca on their voice actors instead of hiring random people from hanes ads and such.

nvinfamuz
04-06-2011, 04:17 PM
maybe desmond is altiar re-incarnated. he did mention in the codex pages that he may come back in another life, and not remember..... maybe sub.16 and 17 are the same people and all the other sub. were to locate desmond/altiar. maybe all the glyphs were clues for yourself to remeber the truth. and that fact that desmond and altiar are the exact same face model, although so is ezio...... his face differs a bit.

elvindrummer
04-06-2011, 06:03 PM
there is a third person I believe so too. I have told this on other forum pages on here. Especially if you watch the one vid where the guy slows the footage down. It is obvious you are watching from the eyes of someone who is freerunning next to them. I don't believe Desmond is related to Adam like many believe he is. I think he is actually related to the third person. Tho who this is idk...the snake? lol. Tho it does make sense that he is related to Adam just because he is searching for his eve. And yea the voice sounds like desmond as well.

AntiChrist7
04-07-2011, 04:48 AM
i say no. memories have always been in third person view, unless you are saying you relive the memories of someone who walks next to Ezio all the time.

Also at the end of the truth video the camera pans out, this would mean the third person could fly.....

TwentyGlyphs
04-08-2011, 11:22 PM
I still put a lot of stock in this theory, I just don't know how it will come about. It really does appear that there's a third person there for much of the sequence, but the camera angles toward the end, especially on the roof, clearly show there's no one else there.

There's an analysis on YouTube that claims there's a third person there, but it brought up another interesting point. It appears the final part of the video where Eve holds up the Apple actually has missing footage between the time Adam and Eve first reach the roof and the time we see the Apple. One of the primary reasons for this is that you can't see Eve holding the Apple the whole time they are running. It's never shown in her hand, and the little arm band thing she has on doesn't contain it and isn't big enough to hold it. But they reach the roof, and then you see the "glitch" molecular pattern show up on the screen like we saw in AC1, and THEN Eve says "I have it."

What if Desmond is actually chasing after them to try to warn/help them at the start of the video, but they lose him after they go through the sliding door and begin to climb? He catches up to them on the roof later, and maybe they even take the Apple from him.

The other things that seem to allude to Desmond being there are the cyclical nature of the Mayan calendar and the fact that the date "13.0.0.0.0" is going to happen on 12/21/2012, but the same date also happened during the 3000s BCE, around the time of Adam and Eve. They could be connected in some way. Subject 16 says in Brotherhood that he knows how to open the Path. Could this be the path to the time of Adam and Eve? The writing on the wall at Abstergo also referenced Revelation 22:13, the passage where Jesus says "I am the alpha and the omega." One of the glyphs is also the omega symbol. Desmond could be the alpha and the omega, tied to the beginning and end of the current era. It would also explain how the gods knew about Desmond if he had gone back in time.

AntiChrist7
04-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
i say no. memories have always been in third person view, unless you are saying you relive the memories of someone who walks next to Ezio all the time.

Also at the end of the truth video the camera pans out, this would mean the third person could fly.....

glad that people have red this......

El_Sjietah
04-09-2011, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by coryplayspiano:
I still put a lot of stock in this theory, I just don't know how it will come about. It really does appear that there's a third person there for much of the sequence, but the camera angles toward the end, especially on the roof, clearly show there's no one else there.

There's an analysis on YouTube that claims there's a third person there, but it brought up another interesting point. It appears the final part of the video where Eve holds up the Apple actually has missing footage between the time Adam and Eve first reach the roof and the time we see the Apple. One of the primary reasons for this is that you can't see Eve holding the Apple the whole time they are running. It's never shown in her hand, and the little arm band thing she has on doesn't contain it and isn't big enough to hold it. But they reach the roof, and then you see the "glitch" molecular pattern show up on the screen like we saw in AC1, and THEN Eve says "I have it."

What if Desmond is actually chasing after them to try to warn/help them at the start of the video, but they lose him after they go through the sliding door and begin to climb? He catches up to them on the roof later, and maybe they even take the Apple from him.

The other things that seem to allude to Desmond being there are the cyclical nature of the Mayan calendar and the fact that the date "13.0.0.0.0" is going to happen on 12/21/2012, but the same date also happened during the 3000s BCE, around the time of Adam and Eve. They could be connected in some way. Subject 16 says in Brotherhood that he knows how to open the Path. Could this be the path to the time of Adam and Eve? The writing on the wall at Abstergo also referenced Revelation 22:13, the passage where Jesus says "I am the alpha and the omega." One of the glyphs is also the omega symbol. Desmond could be the alpha and the omega, tied to the beginning and end of the current era. It would also explain how the gods knew about Desmond if he had gone back in time.

You don't go back in time with the Animus, you can't change the past and whatever you see in the Animus has already happened.

Ureh
04-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Minerva was shown in that video, so unless she was lying to Ezio about being "gone from this world and can do no more" that means it was in the past. Unless someone can prove that is not her.

The date of the video was never revealed but I guess it's possible that Subject 16 used a PoE to look into the future. Although why it would show him that vision from the pov of another person is strange. When Ezio used the PoE to look into the future did he see it from the pov of someone else? Why and who?

Ultimately we can only speculate. We simply don't know enough and what we do know aren't enough to draw solid conclusions for most things.

TwentyGlyphs
04-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

You don't go back in time with the Animus, you can't change the past and whatever you see in the Animus has already happened.

Yes, I'm well aware of this. I never said that they would use the Animus to achieve this. One Piece of Eden that could slightly manipulate time was mentioned in the first game's emails as having been responsible for the Philadelphia Project and sending a ship 18 minutes into the future. So time travel has been brought up within the game's world, though on a limited basis. I have no clue how it would happen if Desmond did go back to Eden in the past, only that some of the hints allude to this happening. One thing I've been wondering is if there's some special connection with the cyclical date "13.0.0.0.0." Perhaps it's only possible to time travel between those two dates?

El_Sjietah
04-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by coryplayspiano:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Yes, I'm well aware of this. I never said that they would use the Animus to achieve this. One Piece of Eden that could slightly manipulate time was mentioned in the first game's emails as having been responsible for the Philadelphia Project and sending a ship 18 minutes into the future. So time travel has been brought up within the game's world, though on a limited basis. I have no clue how it would happen if Desmond did go back to Eden in the past, only that some of the hints allude to this happening. One thing I've been wondering is if there's some special connection with the cyclical date "13.0.0.0.0." Perhaps it's only possible to time travel between those two dates? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but personally I think the whole Animus/genetic memory thing is trippy enough without bringing time travel into the equation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I also got the impression they pretty much abandoned time travel research using PoEs.

TwentyGlyphs
04-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah, Abstergo abandoned time travel research. But part of whatever Desmond is supposed to do in finding the temples could involve manipulating time somehow. I also know that in interviews for the first game the developers said they were trying to stay away from time travel. So we'll see. There's just not enough info to come up with enough solid theories. But I think whatever was in the memory that 16 is showing Desmond is important beyond just showing him the true origin of humanity. The next thing you hear from him is to find Eve in Eden, so it seems like 16 is trying to give Desmond enough hints to complete his ultimate mission without giving it all away. Perhaps if Desmond knows too much he'll make the wrong decisions.