PDA

View Full Version : war power

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2002, 05:57 PM
does any one else agree that the war power should be switch off when ****** the power lever? it would help to control the engine without find another switch or key.

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2002, 05:57 PM
does any one else agree that the war power should be switch off when ****** the power lever? it would help to control the engine without find another switch or key.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:55 PM
yes i agree

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 11:12 PM
VAT?

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 11:35 PM
War power is switched off when you ****** the throttle. WP is simply opening the throttle plate to 90degrees offset to airsteam. Or simply, as open as it will go. War Power was primarily an American/British system in which full power was the maximal safe constant run setting. War Power was reached by pushing the throttle thru a thin wire 'gate' the ground crew would replace if used.

Emergency Power or Emergency Boost is a seperate system in addition to the engine. Either Water injection to increase manifold pressure. Water/methanol injection. Nitrous, etc.

http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig.jpg

About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane. I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake." -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight