PDA

View Full Version : briefing room

XyZspineZyX
06-09-2003, 01:13 PM
I think it would be fun if there was some sort of "briefing room" in online games.

Both sides would have their own room and there would be chat, pilot and map window. So you chat and from pilot window you could see what aircraft other people have and which base they are located.

You could make small teams (schwarm 1, schwarm 2 ...) in which someone could we leader and set waypoints on the map window.

Or there could be pre-set ground targets and leader could click on "ground attack mission" button and then waypoints would be generated automatically. And then on the other side, some leader would click on "combat air patrol" button and waypoints would be generated to intercept the ground attack.

So it would even be possible to score points if mission is successful or failed in similar manner as offline campaign. And perhaps your side could gain more ground area if you score enough points. It would be much like
dynamic campaign but online.

What do you think, is this good or stupid idea? I think it would be quite easy to add to the game actually and could be fun.

XyZspineZyX
06-09-2003, 01:13 PM
I think it would be fun if there was some sort of "briefing room" in online games.

Both sides would have their own room and there would be chat, pilot and map window. So you chat and from pilot window you could see what aircraft other people have and which base they are located.

You could make small teams (schwarm 1, schwarm 2 ...) in which someone could we leader and set waypoints on the map window.

Or there could be pre-set ground targets and leader could click on "ground attack mission" button and then waypoints would be generated automatically. And then on the other side, some leader would click on "combat air patrol" button and waypoints would be generated to intercept the ground attack.

So it would even be possible to score points if mission is successful or failed in similar manner as offline campaign. And perhaps your side could gain more ground area if you score enough points. It would be much like
dynamic campaign but online.

What do you think, is this good or stupid idea? I think it would be quite easy to add to the game actually and could be fun.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:30 AM
Online you wil NEVER play campaigns!
All yo can do is to simply get in a nice dogfight with som e nice ppl, who are going to shoot you down in every ocasin they have ...
Your idea is preety good , but is to complicated for "fast moving" online games.
There could have some succes in coop, but I don't think so.
Usualy in dogfight games, the player coordinete themselves by instinct./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:38 AM
I agree totally, actually I've been thinking of the same thing myself. It would be great to have for Coops and Online wars. Just think of the possibilities in future flight sims. Actually moving around the briefing room in full 3d, chatting with your fellow pilots and discussing the mission, making plans and so forth. Maybe five years from now...

We few, we happy few, we band of Würgerwhiners...
http://home.wanadoo.nl/wana.mail1/Op****/WurgerwhinerLogo.jpg