PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Profiler for PF??

Zapp-Brannigan
10-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey,

Does any one have a logitech profile for Pacific Fighters? I have a logitech extreme 3d pro, and it doe'nt wanna pic up my pf.
which sucks since I therefore can't assign a key as a shift command and thus hav 23 keys instead of 12.

anyone know where i can find one? or perhaps hav one? can u please respond to me email address, as I get kak when I try reopen forums sometimes. it is fuhrer@mighty.co.za

thanks in advance,

Brannigan Out

ytareh
10-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Wheres .co.za...?Zambia or Zaire?Anyway I use this stick and just literally plug and play...those profilers are more trouble than theyre worth.Assignments are done in the game 'console' itself.Just 'click' to the right of the command you want to assign and then click the key to represent it.

Zapp-Brannigan
10-17-2005, 11:26 AM
hey,

naa, its South Africa. za is probably from the old dutch zuid-afrika. not to sure don't like afrikaans much.

i know i can assign the keys in the game, but you cannot assign a key on the joystick specifically to act as a shift button. you can do this with the profiler, i used it when i played il2 fb. it is realy handy as the joysticks buttons have double functions.

thanks,

Erik

ytareh
10-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Hey thats interesting Erik.If you find out more post it here.Id like a shift function for my Extreme m3d pro.(Hope you kept your receipt-these things are GUARANTEED to go on the blink in a few months)

Zapp-Brannigan
10-19-2005, 11:44 AM
by go on the blink do u mean become faulty? got me worried here man. had mine for about 10 months now with no problems so far.

will let u know if i get it right, as making your own profiles is really tricky, but the manual/help file doesn't think so 8-).

respec,

Erik

Krt_Bong
10-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Sorry Mate but its true I've owned 8 myself and two were given to me from the factory just dont yank and bank too much it should be okay for a year have you still got the old profile? just use it and modify it for your PF by pointing to the exe and changing what you need

Zapp-Brannigan
10-22-2005, 02:21 AM
good idea I will try it. I've always been gentle with my joystick, my precious....

sitting here staring at it right now, struggling to believe its gonna give me kak.

regards,

Erik

Zapp-Brannigan
10-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Krt_Bong, i've actually tryed ur idea before, but tryed it again and to no avail. AGGGG!!!

word life

BoredTlingit
10-31-2005, 11:13 AM
if you download the new joystick software according to your country on the http://www.logictech.com site. You have the profiler loaded up and it will recognize your game. You can then go to your buttons on the profiler map and then left click your button and it will take you to a small menu ...from there you can assign your buttons for basic flight things...even assign a button to shift...the option is at the bottom of the menu it brings up . I do this as I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and it helps out quite a bit. I have mine set to things I need while in game . It makes playing easier as I can adjust things on the "fly" so to speak .

Psychodad57
10-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I used a logitech3dpro for a few yrs. It comes with its own profiling software and can be used the same
as mapping the keys in the game controls.

I found that using the game controls was better but ur choice.

~S Lonewolf