PDA

View Full Version : Anyone noticed this with the patch?

Achilles_NZ
06-18-2005, 10:44 PM
I was messing around in the QMB this afternoon taking on different pairs of enemy aircraft in a 109G-6 just for the hell of it, and to see how the new A.I. reacts with 4.01m.

Anyway, I got pretty close to a P-51D and carved its port outer wing off.
The P-51 nosed over into a dive but stayed fairly upright while wobbling left to right as if the pilot was fighting to regain control.
Eventually the A.I pilot gave up and bailed out.
But instead of the pilot falling forwards and in front of the aircraft like always happened previously, (which was odd) I could have sworn he immediately fell into the slipstream behind the crippled Mustang!!
The now pilotless Mustang then immediatetly stopped wobbling as it continued its now near vertical dive into the gorund.
How cool is that? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Am I hallucinating, simply mistaken, or was this just a one off?

Anyone else notice either of theses effects before?

Also, please share anything else thats cool that you have noticed with the patch.

(No complaints or whines though thanks) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Skinwehr
06-18-2005, 11:06 PM
I thought it was just me. I noticed that plane crashes are modeled better now.

I like the tire screeching noise you get when you land. There is also a loud thump when your tail hook catches a line on a carrier.

Also, when learning how not to get run over by the USS Intrepid while attempting take-off, I noticed the planes "float" more realistically.

vocatx
06-19-2005, 12:37 AM
I was attacking ground targets on Warclouds tonight. I flew into the wires on the mast of a ship. When the view switched to external, I saw my gunner summersault out of the back seat and into the water.

I also had battle damage to a Heinkel 111. The right engine was hit and it wouldn't throttle up or down. Not a run away prop, as I've had before. It was as if the throttle linkage was damage. I had never noticed either one of these effects before.

-HH-Dubbo
06-19-2005, 03:48 AM
Is it with this patch that we now have different default skins on the C-47 on the Pacific maps (no invasion stripes) and Euro maps (invasion stripes)?? Or was that before??

Feathered_IV
06-19-2005, 04:12 AM
The F4F tail hook drags sparks along the flight deck too. Never seen that before.

(don't tell anyone the decks were wood http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif)

WOLFMondo
06-19-2005, 04:27 AM
the tail hooks have always sparked

SeaFireLIV
06-19-2005, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Achilles_NZ:

The P-51 nosed over into a dive but stayed fairly upright while wobbling left to right as if the pilot was fighting to regain control.
Eventually the A.I pilot gave up and bailed out.
But instead of the pilot falling forwards and in front of the aircraft like always happened previously, (which was odd) I could have sworn he immediately fell into the slipstream behind the crippled Mustang!!(No complaints or whines though thanks) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Actually I have noticed this `twiddle` thing. But not the bail out effect, I must watch out for that.

Late in 1944 we interecepted low flying FWs on a bombing run. They stuck too their run for as long as possible and we shot them down. 4 more FWs showed up on a bombing run, I jumped on one and at the last minute he dropped his bombs and started evading, but too late -shot him.

I turned back to the other flight and saw friendlies(LA5s) chasing the last FW109, STILL on its bombing run. It actually got to its target and dropped the bombs on our Russian convoy! Then the 2 LAs caught up and shot him down. Bombing fighter aircraft REALLY do their best to stay on target instead of breaking instantly when fighter aircraft are nearby.

Udidtoo
06-19-2005, 05:01 AM
A few days back in a coop -HH- Quazi was damaged and rtb while the rest of us were killed by triple A and 1 collision. 2 Zero's had chased his P-38 for miles and they fell further and further back.

When he got over our airbase he was losing pressure quickly and needed to go wheels down. The instant the 2 Am6's came into triple A range they broke left and started their own rtb as the big guns found their range.

Could have been a fluke but it was witnessed by BlairGowrie and Jensenpark as well and they agreed it sure looked like smart piloting. Something A.I. always sorely lacked.

badaboom.1
06-19-2005, 08:22 AM
I tell ya what I noticed in 4.01,the enemy AAA KICKS BUTT!!!!!,I got nailed at an altitude of 2500 ft above Iwo jima,I don't remember getting accurate flak that high before.

Pirschjaeger
06-19-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by vocatx:
I also had battle damage to a Heinkel 111. The right engine was hit and it wouldn't throttle up or down. Not a run away prop, as I've had before. It was as if the throttle linkage was damage. I had never noticed either one of these effects before.

I've had this happen many times. Last time I flew was October last year.

Fritz

LStarosta
06-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by badaboom.1:
I tell ya what I noticed in 4.01,the enemy AAA KICKS BUTT!!!!!,I got nailed at an altitude of 2500 ft above Iwo jima,I don't remember getting accurate flak that high before.

2500ft? That's pretty low.

Taylortony
06-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
the tail hooks have always sparked

yeah, pity American carrier decks were wooden, they even do it on the grass. other things i have noticed......

The B25 nose gear door now opens outwards correctly, before it opened inwards..

may be me but the beaufighter sound has been improved...

when flying towards ships at low level on a torp attack you get huge shell water plumes infront of you that you fly through.......... awesome

the me163 now when it stalls in a climb tumbles end over end till you try to get out of it, it then goes into a flat spin............. wicked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Call_me_Kanno
06-20-2005, 03:01 PM
When I was flying in QMB my AI wingmen landed at the same base I did even though it wasn't the home base. Without me telling them to. It surprised me to turn around and see them there.