PDA

View Full Version : How to aim down uncentered sights?

vrait
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
How do you aim down non-centered sights? Like they are to the right, so you only see half the cross-hair. Even when zooming in.

Waldo.Pepper
09-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Press Shift+F1 to centre the sight. I am sure you will be the new terror of the skies.

Choctaw111
09-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Shift-F1 is the default keys for getting behind the gunsight.
In the controls menu, there are two functions for this.
Gunsight View and Toggle Gunsight View. You can assign whatever key or button you want for this.

general_kalle
09-10-2009, 12:19 AM
dont listen to them. Shift-F1 is the key for bail out. people think its fun to make new comers bail out accidently.

the real key to center the gunsight is Cntrl+E.

WTE_Galway
09-10-2009, 12:25 AM
meh

with the sights off center you are actually centered in the aircraft, this makes takeoff and landing easier and is why it defaults to off centre

shift F1 to shoot and then Shift F1 again when you want to land

TinyTim
09-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Yeah, it's Shift-F1 like other guys suggested. And before you'll ask again: You open the sight cover on some planes (like Ki-43 or Val) with Ctrl-D (and then you can look through it with Shift-F1).

megalopsuche
09-10-2009, 04:59 AM
You must have felt like you were missing an important piece of the puzzle. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

You should browse all the aircraft controls and make sure there's not something else important that you're missing.

Choctaw111
09-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by general_kalle:
dont listen to them. Shift-F1 is the key for bail out. people think its fun to make new comers bail out accidently.

That's just evil...

Bearcat99
09-10-2009, 07:01 AM
If you use TIR with the 6DoF mod you don't even need shift_F1 ... just lean to the right...

vrait
09-10-2009, 08:10 AM

I'm not new to IL2, I just never knew how to center it. And thanks for trying to trick me, ctrl-e is to bail out.

megalopsuche
09-10-2009, 09:32 AM
In some games Alt-F4 is the answer to every question you ask. Probably one of the most annoying and over-used jokes I've ever seen on the internet.

general_kalle
09-10-2009, 10:48 AM
oh come on people, what is the internet without joking around even if it's an old joke, i was tempted at saying Alt+F4 but i thought it was too well known. You guys should have played along.

you can see that IL2 is a complicated game when its neccecary with this many replies to elaborate such a simple question

danjama
09-10-2009, 05:25 PM
oh come on people, what is the internet without joking around even if it's an old joke, i was tempted at saying Alt+F4 but i thought it was too well known. You guys should have played along.

you can see that IL2 is a complicated game when its neccecary with this many replies to elaborate such a simple question

for what its worth i thought it was funny

WTE_Galway
09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
you do not get these issues in wonderwoman view http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

megalopsuche
09-10-2009, 08:28 PM

Normally I'd be with ya, but I've heard these types of jokes so many times that I react badly when I read them. No worries, ok? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tully__
09-11-2009, 03:51 AM
I react badly when I see people trying to deliberately mislead newcomers to the community too...and I can do something about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif