PDA

View Full Version : Saving auto?

whinots
11-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Would like to know before i shut this 5 hour journey down, does it save and at what points?

whinots
11-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Would like to know before i shut this 5 hour journey down, does it save and at what points?

coelho_buda
11-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way for an user to save the game when he wants to. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif The game automatically saves any change you make to the Ages, and the Journey Cloths save your position within an Age, enabling you to return to it by linking from Relto. By default the game always loads to Relto Age.

----------------------
veritatem ad paradoxon
----------------------
... a chicken, you say?!
----------------------

Cyman
11-20-2003, 03:59 PM
I would suggest. *from reading other posts..

You can back up your save directory..

Back up the \sav directory..

--Cy

AussieMystic
11-20-2003, 08:40 PM
Everything you do in an age is automatically saved, so that when you return to the age, everything is as you left it.

However, you cannot return to the precise physical location you left. You will return to the last journey cloth you touched. However, everything you did since you last touched a journey cloth will be saved.

If for some reason you want to return to the beginning of the age, turn the page in your linking book and that will take you back to the beginning, although with all the changes you have made still intact.

If you want to erase all the changes, press the bottom of the age's linking book in your library. When you next visit the age, it will be as if you were visiting it for the first time.

Finally - the only age that the above does NOT work for is the Cleft at the beginning. No matter how many journey cloths you touch, you will always start off at the entrance to the property.

Cupelix
11-20-2003, 09:21 PM
You know, I'm really glad I never clicked the bottom clasp of any of the books by accident. There's no real sign that it would do anything different than clicking anywhere else, and I would've hated to accidently lose my progress in an unfinished age.

Nice to be able to reset it if you want... I just would've preferred a more obvious method.
...Unless it gives you a warning or something, which I doubt, since that's very...unMyst-like. (Yay for making up words!)

HG1973
11-20-2003, 09:33 PM
It does warn you, with a pop-up window. Kinda crude, but it works. :/

"Darn fireflies, get over here!"