PDA

View Full Version : Time comp. in port

lccjr_78
07-10-2005, 02:20 PM
right now i haveing a problem leaving port it takes me 20 minutes just to get out cuz the time comp. won't go up until i am out of port this sucks. does anyone know how to change this, please i hate this.

plenten
07-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Change our config files. It is in there somewhere, so you can have more TC when near land.

lecek
07-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Go to http://www.subsim.com and get the tweaks mod. I am sorry I can't give you a more direct link, but this isn't my main computer. (sh3 is playing on that one right now.)

The advantage of the tweaks mod is that you don't have to worry about finding and editing the correct file yourself. Also it comes with a torpedo tweaker that lets you edit the default torpedo load for each sub type for each year.

lecek
07-10-2005, 02:58 PM
oh yea, after changing the TC by land to 1024, I have also done some sitting on the bottom of shipping routes listening for something to swim by. It was a bit of fun learning how to sit on the bottom without any damage but it is historically accurate and saves on battery power.

GT182
07-10-2005, 04:02 PM
With patch 1.4 you can get out of port faster. Just make sure you are centered in the channel as best you can for the whole length of it to the open sea. Not hear any obstacles, above or below the surface. Set your TC to 32 and you'll be out in no time. Works like a charm now. ig you use 1-24 or above it can cause the stutters. Had it happen to me, so I only use TC of 32.

2 patrols ago I forgot and stayed submerged all the way to the pens. Worked fine seeing I made sure I wasn't going to hit anything. Only thing was I couldn't "Dock at Port", until I remembered and surfaced.