PDA

View Full Version : Ship Names

ILikePortillos
10-03-2005, 11:46 AM
I've been assigning names to ships I've sent to the bottom, just as a reference and to add some realism. I heard that was initially going to be part of the game but was dumped last-minute. Well, after looking around in the Roster folder, I noticed that many ships do have names. Any way to build a mod that accounts for this? Maybe something that would drop a name into the Captain's log? Hmm? Hmmmmmmm?

ILikePortillos
10-03-2005, 11:46 AM
I've been assigning names to ships I've sent to the bottom, just as a reference and to add some realism. I heard that was initially going to be part of the game but was dumped last-minute. Well, after looking around in the Roster folder, I noticed that many ships do have names. Any way to build a mod that accounts for this? Maybe something that would drop a name into the Captain's log? Hmm? Hmmmmmmm?

TheRealWulfmann
10-03-2005, 02:44 PM
The problem with that (and I suspect the reason it was deleted) is the ships in the SCR-scripted mis file are specific ships, ergo they are named by their number. (look at the ships in the roster file for these names)
So, if you sank a ship that was scripted to be on patrol; CTD.
What you would have to do is go through via a search and see which ships are not used in the SCR, the extras used often in the RND spawned ships that are not named and then you could assign those.
But, in the end it will not change the game play.

Wulfmann