PDA

View Full Version : The Merchant of Rome *spoilers maybe?*

OtterGreenhat
11-20-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm doing the Assassination quest "The Merchant of Rome" and getting 100% is proving to be tricky.

What the hell does the game mean by "use your assassin recruits to create a diversion"???

I've tried having them attack the guards so I can slip by. I've tried having them attack a guard patrol from inside a hay bail and get the guards to run from their posts. I've tried using an arrow storm. The assassins have even run in and dropped smoke bombs for me to slip by. Every time it says I failed full synch.

What is ubisoft's silly definition of "diversion"???

Piflik
11-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I did this on the first try with 100% sync...there are two guards guarding the merchant...I just sent my girls in there to attack them and while they were occupied I killed the merchant without being seen...done.

CLARKY-w
11-30-2010, 08:30 AM
If you take girls and tell them to stop in front of guards,use assasins and the target will run then just kill him

dyne87
12-19-2010, 09:52 PM
it took me three or four times n i tried everything you did (except the arrow storm). the time i finally got it my assassins caught the merchant in their smoke bombs. thats the only thing that was different between my fails and my win.

i think ubisofts definition is "try to get it to glitch"

Alpha Ender
12-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by OtterGreenhat:

What is ubisoft's silly definition of "diversion"???

Their definition of a diversion is to not let the merchant know he's now an assassination target; thus, the smoke bombs, arrows, etc. do not work because it alerts him. However, the courtesans and a smoke bomb that catches the merchant too count because he still doesn't know what's going on.

PontusEnglund
03-02-2011, 02:33 AM
The key lies in the word "distraction". A distraction does not equal to killing the guards. You target a patrol that walks nearby the guards and send your assassins to them; this will trigger the guards to come out and help. You simply walk in behind them and assassinate the target without being detected.

Got it on the first try, piece of cake.