PDA

View Full Version : Multiple installations of Il2

tjaika1910
11-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Hi, I was planning to install some of the various installations of Il2.

Thinking of the original + patch, fb + patch, ace + patch and maybe one older patch for the il2fb-ace-pf.

Currently I am running 4.02m.

What is the best way of doing this? I put in the FB cd and it would only start the 4.02m, not install. How about CD-protection? Does one CD start all the variations or do I have to switch CD for each game?

Enthor1
11-20-2005, 08:29 AM
No idea why you cannot install from the FB CD, I can and there are 3 IL2 installs on my computer.

If the install button will not work you could try to access the FB CD in My Computer and click AUTORUN.

I have original IL2 patched to 1.2 in the default Ubisoft folder.

IL2 Combined patched to 4.02m is in C drive as is Pacific Fighters Standalone, patched to 4.02.
You just have to click "BROWSE" in the Destination screen and select where to install.

If you want to keep 4.02m and it is in Program Files just copy and paste your 4.02m in, for instance, C:, then patch that copy with the desired patch, it will overwrite patch 4.02m.

You will need the corresponding disc to launch each title.

edit: Suggestions that violate the terms of use result in suspension of posting priveldges.

steve_v
11-20-2005, 09:18 AM
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/multivers.htm

tjaika1910
11-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the reply, and i will check out the link. Hope not you did something bad with Enthor1 steve_v. I do not know whats wrong with his posting. If you deleted info about the "not to be named" file, its OK.(but do not be hard on him please) We regulars, that have played this game for many years and have bought every CD there is, knows what this file is anyway.

I have played with the CD since Oleg thought that most that played without CD was playing a pirated game. (IMO thats not true) That did cost me my CDRW player. It broke, probably because of all the starts of this game; it do not any longer access the power-good signal and dont recognice any CD. It is partly a weak structure of AOPEN players but it happend after it constantly had the PF cd in it, in order to play the game.

As a custumer that pay for the games I play, I am not happy about this.

Troll2k
11-20-2005, 12:38 PM
I believe FB only installs in the default directory.(newer version give you a choice)

You might try moving your merged folder to a new location and then the FB should install.