PDA

View Full Version : Re: Didn't they do this??

WilhelmSchulz.-
09-26-2005, 08:08 PM
I was reading Grey Wolf Grey Sea and I stumbled apon this passage. At this time the boat was almost out of O2 and batt.

"Schulz knew he had to bring the boat up soon or not at all. The destroyer appered to have lost here shure contact on the boat, but still she hunted, droping depth cahrges at random. At last he told Brinker to release some fule oil. They would try to trick the destroyer into thinking she had made a kill.
Brinker added a couple of gloves and a shoe witch floated to the surface, hoping to give anthenticity to the charade, and overhead as she inspected the decoy. Then having lost the boat on asdicand apparently accepting the evidence of a mortal wound, the destroyer turned, her screws whirling to high speed as she left"
Hope that answers your question. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

WilhelmSchulz.-
09-26-2005, 08:08 PM
I was reading Grey Wolf Grey Sea and I stumbled apon this passage. At this time the boat was almost out of O2 and batt.

"Schulz knew he had to bring the boat up soon or not at all. The destroyer appered to have lost here shure contact on the boat, but still she hunted, droping depth cahrges at random. At last he told Brinker to release some fule oil. They would try to trick the destroyer into thinking she had made a kill.
Brinker added a couple of gloves and a shoe witch floated to the surface, hoping to give anthenticity to the charade, and overhead as she inspected the decoy. Then having lost the boat on asdicand apparently accepting the evidence of a mortal wound, the destroyer turned, her screws whirling to high speed as she left"
Hope that answers your question. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Dominicrigg
09-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Cool, as i said im sure i read a passage where one captain launched debris, i remember his hat was part of it too! lol

I have started reading the book i think it was in again, so if i find this i will post it. I wonder what depth they were at, and i wonder if the fuel was released from tanks or through the torp tubes or what?

They must have jettisoned the shoes ect from the torp tubes.