PDA

View Full Version : Guards got skillz? o_O

puffydude1
07-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Anyone else think it's strange that the guards have acrobatic abilities like Altair...? They've jumped and climbed buildings effortlessly like they've done it a million times =_= Do you believe these skills should be available to the guards in AC2?

DiStUrBeD_mEtAl
07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
well since the new AI allows the gaurds to search the hiding places then yes i think those same skills should be available in AC2

puffydude1
07-05-2009, 09:26 PM
What does searching the hiding places have to do with their amazing skills? They're GUARDS. It's not realistic at ALL... If you hide on a rooftop, then a guard on a rooftop should search the hiding place, not a crapload of guards climbing the building and other ones jumping from rooftop to rooftop. It's just not smart to give the guards this ability...

Account_Deleted
07-05-2009, 09:41 PM
well with the new AI unit's
there are diffrent ones
1 is a runner, just like ezio so they can keep up and parkour
1 is a high gaurd, that searches haystacks
1 is medium guard, which checks benches and the people on it.

there's other but i forgot

puffydude1
07-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Well I just hope one isn't "Ninja Guard"- Able to chase you down with the abilities of not only a ninja, but a ninja Spider-Man. Lmfao

Account_Deleted
07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
wlel only way then is to kill him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

OniLinkSword
07-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Correction, the guards could NOT climb the side of buildings. They could follow using ladders and run after. Their balance wasn't quite as good as Altair's, but they could do a bit of the freerunning like Altair. I think they should keep it, but the guards need to have different animations when doing some of the moves.

On the subject, I think that there should be some elite enemies that are able to do the same moves and climb as Ezio and are able to keep up with running. That will give the game more of a challenge. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

puffydude1
07-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Granted they didn't climb it, but if you watch them, they did a lot that Altair could...

Well I heard that there will be some "elite" enemies specialized to capture Ezio. Just look at what Account_Deleted posted about 3 above yours.

Account_Deleted
07-05-2009, 11:44 PM
no sometimes they use ladders..
they can jump across rooftops,
but not a building to another.

sensationikke
07-06-2009, 05:00 AM
I din't mind having the AI run after you. I had fun trying to outrun them (which was pretty easy =( )

I hope they keep it in AC2

Account_Deleted
07-06-2009, 05:16 AM
yeah..

Jonny1995iskul
07-06-2009, 05:23 AM
personally? yes i think its pretty ******ed that guards can perform amazing acrobatic feats demonstrating immense amounts of skill rivaling that of altair, which the average guard surely shouldn't retain.

yet you have to ask yourself, if guards were completely gormless idiots, with the simplest ai, would it improve your playing experience?

JustinHeron
07-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I always found in the first game that the guards' ability to follow me onto rooftops was one of the most exciting aspects of them, since the combat AI was so easy. I liked how they can jump around and climb with some skill but not nearly as well as Altair. Just think, they're professional guards, in real life it's likely they'd have had physical training and wouldn't be totally lethargic and helpless.

It'd be like being chased by a cop nowadays, some of them would be unfit but many would be able to give chase even if they're not David Belle (or any parkour masters).

Account_Deleted
07-06-2009, 08:45 AM
i guess
excitment= easy AI
balances out?

Losk_
07-06-2009, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't call the pathfinding in AC "easy" AI. I was always quite impressed that the guards can navigate the rooftops as well as they do, without getting stuck on obstacles and running against walls, etc.

Account_Deleted
07-06-2009, 09:19 AM
well sometimes from a high angle they jmup down and end up on the corner where the roof meets and exstention of a high roof meets.

puffydude1
07-06-2009, 01:02 PM
I personally dun care if it's challenging or not, or if they can climb ladders and get on the buildings, but the ability to jump from building to building flawlessly just isn't realistic... I'd rather them make the AI on the rooftop guards tougher than have the ground guards use acrobatics.

Charlie_Romeo
07-06-2009, 01:07 PM
to be fair they dont do it flawlessly at all they fall alot and dont always make the jumps u can make. it would be too easy if they were like " well he climbed up and we couldn't so oviously well we lost him"

Black_Widow9
07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I always thought it was funny after they followed you onto the roof, if you hid they just jumped/floated down from super high. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

puffydude1
07-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Exactly Widow. They just jumped down from a building that would kill them if you threw them off. Charlie, actually they did do it pretty flawlessly... and besides, this ability shouldn't be there at all.

Charlie_Romeo
07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Why not? they soldiers they train for these things. Its like saying they shouldnt be able to sowrd fight with u.

Losk_
07-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by puffydude1:
Exactly Widow. They just jumped down from a building that would kill them if you threw them off. Charlie, actually they did do it pretty flawlessly... and besides, this ability shouldn't be there at all.

Not saying that some of the heights wouldn't be a fatal jump, but there is a big difference between falling or being thrown off a building and jumping off a building.

You can break your neck falling off a chair... but you'd be hard pressed to sustain any injury from that height in a controlled jump.

NoxieDC
07-06-2009, 02:52 PM
There ought to be more of a balance between combat and parkour abilities. I mean, as good as they are, does all that armor mean absolutely nothing to them? :-/
More lightly armored militia that can chase you and a little less brutes I say.

grashopper
07-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
I always thought it was funny after they followed you onto the roof, if you hid they just jumped/floated down from super high. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Seriously? I haven't played in a while but I don't think I've ever noticed that.

whitewolf111
07-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:

I always found it funny that this would happen... But there was one time where guards were chasing me and I hid in a hide spot. One of the guards that I had attacked a bit jumped off the building and then the citizens below screamed like they do when a body falls from above. I looked over and sure enough, the guy had killed itself from the jump http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

madmandanx2
07-08-2009, 07:06 PM
In AC2 they have said there will be different types of guards, so only certain types of guards will be able to climb buildings and chase after you. There's like the clever guards, the guards with the daggars, armoured guards, bow and arrow folk, etc etc :P.

Tormenta669
07-09-2009, 03:36 AM
I think that'll make it so much harder which is good...

Plus, I think I read somewhere that they are putting in difficulty modes so that would be good for the people who want an even harder challenge.

I'm actually for the guards having skills, even if that means me dying a lot. At least either way, running or fighting, it'll be exciting. AC1 it was to easy to get away.

Stormpen
07-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I hope they're not too smart; I mean, the guards in AC WERE a little dumb, but I put it down to heatstroke. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But seriously, I'll be anoyyed if the guards ACII are too smart, like when you make no noise they go: "Aha, I haf found you, Azzazzin!!" and poke you with their swords. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

JustinHeron
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
i guess
excitment= easy AI
balances out?

No, I think you misinterpreted me, I said the pathfinding/chase AI was exciting where the combat AI was so easy, lol. I think several people misinterpreted me. I meant that being chased by the NPCs was much more fun than fighting them.

I hope they're not too smart; I mean, the guards in AC WERE a little dumb, but I put it down to heatstroke.

Haha http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. Well I doubt heatstroke would be a big problem in northern Italy, but...well, it's carnival season, I can't see why some of the king's men might not be tipsy from a little too much wine, right?

But I hope they are smarter than in AC1. There was no challenge to fighting the lowly guards, only the bosses put up any fight (and not much at that). Though I guess that is pretty true to Altair's fiction because he's a master fighter, but I hope Ezio, the spoiled rich kid, has a bit more trouble facing armed guards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

godsmack_darius
07-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes the guards will be smarter, becaus ein number one, once yu escaped them they forgot about you
In number two they will remember you, and actually but poster so you on the walls and stuff

RipYourSpineOut
07-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Yes the guards will be smarter, becaus ein number one, once yu escaped them they forgot about you
In number two they will remember you, and actually but poster so you on the walls and stuff

That's been confirmed. Patrice said there will be side missions involving you ripping off the wanted posters to lower your notoriety.

I do hope the AI is tweaked. I hated how the AI in AC1 was so dumb.

"Hmm...that assassin ran up to this roof, and disappeared, and the only thing here is this roof garden that someone can climb into...I guess we'll get him some other time."

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

godsmack_darius
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Or maybe even, joining with the monks, hmm all these monks are normal except this carries a long sword and look like the guy I was chasing

RipYourSpineOut
07-09-2009, 06:20 PM
They said in AC2, we'll (literally?) be able to blend in with any crowd. Wonder how that's gonna work. Just walk slowly into a crowd after breaking the line of sight?

Ezio_475
07-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by puffydude1:
What does searching the hiding places have to do with their amazing skills? They're GUARDS. It's not realistic at ALL... If you hide on a rooftop, then a guard on a rooftop should search the hiding place, not a crapload of guards climbing the building and other ones jumping from rooftop to rooftop. It's just not smart to give the guards this ability...

heres all of the different type of guards:
New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by. There will also be a guard who can free run. So no more random free running guards! instead there will be a special free running guard, it will have weak attacks, but great free running skills

"Life is made by the death of others" - Leonardo Da Vinci

Angelo_di_Rios
07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Maybe they'll have special types of enemies that can do that. I doubt the ground soldiers will be able to chase him like that.

Cornik22
07-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Let me clarify the types of soldiers youŽll find in AC2:

- Militia: The most common, easiest to find and also easiest to defeat. There are 3 classes: archers, soldiers without armor and foil, soldiers with armor and sword.

- Elite: not so common, but easy to find anyway. There are 3 classes: corso (heavy armor, hard to defeat, his weapon of choice is the 2 handed axe or warhammer), parano (heavy armor, good in combat, his weapon of choice is the halberd. HeŽs greatest ability is finding hidden enemies and following suspuicious individuals) and aya (no armor, weak but very agile in combat, his weapon of choice is the dagger and double dagger. His greatest ability is chasing enemies wherever they are very quickly).

- Leader: super elite soldiers. They are the less common and the hardest to defeat. Usually they can be seen commanding patrols.

Danvish
07-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
Let me clarify the types of soldiers youŽll find in AC2:

- Militia: The most common, easiest to find and also easiest to defeat. There are 3 classes: archers, soldiers without armor and foil, soldiers with armor and sword.

- Elite: not so common, but easy to find anyway. There are 3 classes: corso (heavy armor, hard to defeat, his weapon of choice is the 2 handed axe or warhammer), parano (heavy armor, good in combat, his weapon of choice is the halberd. HeŽs greatest ability is finding hidden enemies and following suspuicious individuals) and aya (no armor, weak but very agile in combat, his weapon of choice is the dagger and double dagger. His greatest ability is chasing enemies wherever they are very quickly).

- Leader: super elite soldiers. They are the less common and the hardest to defeat. Usually they can be seen commanding patrols.

Wow, thanks for the info man, that sure clears things up.
What I really hope for is that in the fighting system, the guards will put up some challenge, because in AC I, you could fight 20 guards and still beat them up without a scratch. I do hope they improve the diffculty of the game, but without ruining the fact that's it's handling is quite simple.