PDA

View Full Version : Rocket delay

M2morris
02-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Okay, here's my situation: I'm taking off from a carrier in my F4U Coursair and I am packin HVAR rockets so I have a little extra to shoot at some in-coming B5Ns with torpedos. I swing around behind em, and sometimes I can blow the **** out of one with a rocket,and thats nice. But my question is: I cant get the rocket delay to work. Is that a delayed-explosion? Can I get a proximity explosion effect? I try to set it in AC customization before launching the mission, but it doesnt work. Thx for any advice.

M2morris
02-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Okay, here's my situation: I'm taking off from a carrier in my F4U Coursair and I am packin HVAR rockets so I have a little extra to shoot at some in-coming B5Ns with torpedos. I swing around behind em, and sometimes I can blow the **** out of one with a rocket,and thats nice. But my question is: I cant get the rocket delay to work. Is that a delayed-explosion? Can I get a proximity explosion effect? I try to set it in AC customization before launching the mission, but it doesnt work. Thx for any advice.

Cobra-84
02-18-2006, 09:30 PM
The delay is only meant for the Russian RS-82s and some japanese one, I think they are called bomb rockets. The delay doesn't work on rockets meant to be used against ground targets.

M2morris
02-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks cobra, I'll check that out with those AC anyway for the fun of it.