PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Questions

Captain_Avatar
12-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Okay, so I am started out in 1941 flying an I-16 in the Leningrad theater and I've flown 4 missions so far. It's readily apparent the I-16 is poor performer when it comes to pursuit, but not too bad in a low,slow dogfight. In my last mission I struggled to catch up to a flight of 4 JU-88s at 3000m only to run out of ammo. Well screw it I thought and rammed one in the tail. He went down, I went down, successfully bailing out, but he didn't reach the target http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Anyways in two previous missions the enemy was a no-show. In one I was to patrol a city and engage any enemy aircraft. Using external view I saw the enemy circle the city then fly back to their base before we arrived on the scene. I another we had to attack a train with a German general in it, but the train was nowhere to be found. I flew up and down the track and never saw it.

Is this a flaw in the campaign system or just a clever device to represent the "fog of war". Sometimes the enemy fails to show up?

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Sun December 28 2003 at 01:36 PM.]

Captain_Avatar
12-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Okay, so I am started out in 1941 flying an I-16 in the Leningrad theater and I've flown 4 missions so far. It's readily apparent the I-16 is poor performer when it comes to pursuit, but not too bad in a low,slow dogfight. In my last mission I struggled to catch up to a flight of 4 JU-88s at 3000m only to run out of ammo. Well screw it I thought and rammed one in the tail. He went down, I went down, successfully bailing out, but he didn't reach the target http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Anyways in two previous missions the enemy was a no-show. In one I was to patrol a city and engage any enemy aircraft. Using external view I saw the enemy circle the city then fly back to their base before we arrived on the scene. I another we had to attack a train with a German general in it, but the train was nowhere to be found. I flew up and down the track and never saw it.

Is this a flaw in the campaign system or just a clever device to represent the "fog of war". Sometimes the enemy fails to show up?

[This message was edited by Captain_Avatar on Sun December 28 2003 at 01:36 PM.]