PDA

View Full Version : Kicked/authentication

NagaoMcCarthy
11-19-2003, 05:49 PM
I enter a dead-loop of some kind in a lot of the Ae'gura public regions. Other explorers go silent and stop moving, but the game doesn't lock, it just looks like everyone is idling. I'm assuming this is not going to be a long-term problem.

The new problem is starting today (wednesday) I quit early in the day because of just such a lockup, my friends said my name stayed logged in for nearly an hour. I was just kicked again here in the evening and cannot reconnect due to an authentication error.

How long does it take this to cycle out and is there a quicker way?

NagaoMcCarthy
11-19-2003, 05:49 PM
I enter a dead-loop of some kind in a lot of the Ae'gura public regions. Other explorers go silent and stop moving, but the game doesn't lock, it just looks like everyone is idling. I'm assuming this is not going to be a long-term problem.

The new problem is starting today (wednesday) I quit early in the day because of just such a lockup, my friends said my name stayed logged in for nearly an hour. I was just kicked again here in the evening and cannot reconnect due to an authentication error.

How long does it take this to cycle out and is there a quicker way?

NagaoMcCarthy
11-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Sorry to double post, but it's been over an hour and I still cannot get back in.

I could really use some help with this one.

maztec
11-19-2003, 08:50 PM
None that I can think up.

It seems like it's not recognizing that your signal has dropped.

Have you tried rebooting? (Yes there's other ways to go about this, but this is one of the easiest to explain.)

Rebooting would reset all of your network connections which MIGHT make the network drop your player and let you re-auth.

Alternately teh server might be down...

NagaoMcCarthy
11-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Reboot didn't work. I got on after 2 hours. I played 30 min and locked up again. I'm stuck out again.

Any developers please take note of this one before we start laying out cash. lol

edit: Heck, I reset the router for the fun of it, no luck. I've also installed to my laptop to make sure it wasn't just my PC, both are locked out. I'm assuming it will take another 2 hours.

maztec
11-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Yup, sounds like some type of timeout problem. Unless it's the server going down.

Next time you're in send a message to the support team as soon as you get in as a bug report on what's happening.

NagaoMcCarthy
11-19-2003, 09:52 PM
When, lol

Sure, where is that option at?

maztec
11-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Like the main menu lower right corner, it's the OCR or something like that...

I can't remember exactly *blush* I just know it's doable

Mersualt
11-20-2003, 05:06 AM
I'm now getting the same problem.

If I try to enter Ae'Gura it just freezes at the authentication screen and a warning box comes up saying failed authentication. I'm able to access everywhere else with no problems.

It's a right pain since if I can't get in there I can't start working on solving my final age http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I've now uninstalled and reinstalled this game 6 or 7 times now and it's starting to wear a bit thin http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

_ Paula _
11-20-2003, 05:28 AM
I can't think of any age that requires you to be online to complete. Which age are you refering to?

Pa'lua (in Cavern)

Guy
11-20-2003, 08:34 AM
If you're using Uru Live rather than Uru then it will go to the online version of the Kadish Gallery when you link there.

Guy (Real, forum and game name)

Vendalay
11-20-2003, 11:49 AM
I am having the same problem. It loads up and gets stuck at the authentication screen.

It has also done it when just trying to log into uru live.

NagaoMcCarthy
11-20-2003, 02:10 PM
ok, here is the trick:

Close the program on first lockup, try again
If it locks again wait and try in 5 min increments
If a lot of those go by, wait an hour.

That's the best I've got, it's how I handle it.

Mersualt
11-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Paula / Guy ,

Sorry yes it the Kadish Gallery that I try to access in Uru Live. When I play it names it as Ae'Gura...I'm still a little confused by some of the names.

I'm playing the ages in Uru Live and have gotten further than in my single player game.

I logged in tonight and it now lets me on ok , so I'm assuming this morning was some kind of glitch.

My only problem now is trying to work out this first puzzle in Kadish http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif