PDA

View Full Version : Can I install Pacific Fighters and then IL2 Forgotten Battles?

Snowman1025
03-04-2006, 10:56 PM
If I understand correctly, IL2 Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters combine into one game. Can I first install Pacific Fighters and then Forgotten Battles, and still have them work together as one game?

elphifou
03-04-2006, 11:09 PM
[edit] : due to my not reading you correctly the first time, I first answered yes. Just tired I guess http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

So the answer is :

Nope, you can't.
All you can do in this order is having PF stand-alone and FB as a different game.
PF will ask you if you want to install it as a stand-alone version, or merged with FB.
PF Stand-alone is in one folder; FB installs automatically in another.

But since you didn't mention it, I gotta tell you that <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">you need AEP (Aces Expansion Pack) to be able to merge PF into FB</span>.

Here's the proper order for installing the whole merged thing :

Install FB
Install AEP
Install PF
Install patch pf_patch303m.exe (100MB)
Install patch pf_patch401m.exe (141MB)
Install patch pf_v402m.exe (31MB)
Install patch pf_patch403m.exe (155MB)
Install patch pf_patch404m.exe (21.8MB)

Also note that the patches are different for PF stand-alone and FB+AEP+PF merged.

Regards

Snowman1025
03-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the response. I do have the Ace Expansion pack so I should be able to do this.

general_kalle
03-06-2006, 07:23 AM
i have FB AEP PF merged. is it passible to uninstall only PF?

mortoma
03-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by general_kalle:
i have FB AEP PF merged. is it passible to uninstall only PF? In a word, no. You would have to reinstall it all except for PF. But then you could only update AEP so far and miss out on a lot of more recently added planes.

Skycat_2
03-06-2006, 12:19 PM
general_kalle,

If you have both Pacific Fighters standalone and Pacific Fighters 'merged' on your harddrive, you can uninstall the standalone version without affecting the merged version. The two PF options are installed to separate locations on your harddrive and exist independantly of each other.

If you try to uninstall Pacific Fighters 'merged' to remove it from FB+AEP you'll only uninstall the whole trilogy.

Does this clear up your question?

general_kalle
03-10-2006, 03:37 PM
yep thanks...great forum relly

CombatAce_MK2
03-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Then you can install the latest DGEN files , it includes the latest 4043 files and the latest 4045 EXE file. It also includes the Italian DGEN pack, with photos, speech and DGEN campaigns (even one for Tunisia).

Enjoy, find it here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?download=2032

Be sure to check out all the other great free add on campaigns available at the site.