PDA

View Full Version : Cod 4 Heads up to mates on here

Airmail109
11-21-2007, 09:51 PM
If you have it and live PM me, I'd like to organize some good matches

T_O_A_D
11-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm just trying to ask a question, so don't shoot me ok.

How does your 360 version of it, deal with the PC version after it has this patch.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare™ 1.2 Patch

Or do the two even play together?

I'm only interested in it becaue it is a WW2 Genre of a game, and I have a big screen now, and well as mentioned before I haven't touched a counsel since mid 90's.

Airmail109
11-21-2007, 10:02 PM
No the two do not play together

ElAurens
11-22-2007, 04:30 PM
COD4 is set in the modern era TOAD.

Targ
11-22-2007, 05:46 PM
While the 360 is not perfect as a gaming console it rocks with a big screen LCD and surround sound.
I do PC and console so I see the 360 as being an addition to my gaming experience.
It did take me a while to get used to the controler but once you do it seems like second nature.
That being said, I got COD4 on the pc, lol.

SlowBurn68
11-22-2007, 06:21 PM
The cod4 PC version hands down is the greatest game out there now. I can't stop playing it.

VMF-214_HaVoK
11-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I was a big believer that FPS titles just are not meant to be played on consoles. COD 4 has proved me wrong. It takes a bit of getting used too but I guess it was tuff the first time I used a mouse and keyboard as well. I feel it actually takes a bit more skill and tactical play with the sticks for the simple fact its so easy to hit what you want with the mouse...I mean really easy. I finally got over the 1.0 k/d ration over Xbox Live and if I were playing the PC version I would bet I would be at the minimum over 3.0.

I had a biased opinion going into it but Im glad I gave it some time. The PC is looking more like my Simulation and RTS platform and the 360 for everything else.

S!
Xbox Live Tag- HaVoK308

SlowBurn68
11-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Someone on theses great IL-2 forums once said "Every time you buy a console game, a flight sim dies..."

lol

JG51_Rudel
11-22-2007, 10:44 PM
I have both the pc and 360 version and both are good but i like the pc version better, it looks so much nicer running at 1440by900 on my widescreen LCD.

VMF-214_HaVoK
11-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by JG51_Rudel:
I have both the pc and 360 version and both are good but i like the pc version better, it looks so much nicer running at 1440by900 on my widescreen LCD.

Hmm I run the 360 on a 32" Vizio Widescreen 16:9 1080i. I ran the PC version maxed on a 20" Samsung Widescreen at 1680x1050. To me they look almost identical, but playin in 1080i on a 32" comfortable in my lazyboy its hard to beat. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif To each his own though...

S!

Stiletto-
11-23-2007, 01:34 AM
OFP / Armed Assault FTW. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
11-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Stiletto-:
OFP / Armed Assault FTW. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Got ArmA and I got two words..boring and buggy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

S!

LEBillfish
11-23-2007, 11:42 PM
no one play pong anymore?

EiZ0N
11-24-2007, 04:41 AM
COD4 on 360? Yeuch!

Looks, runs, and feels better on my PC :P

Divine-Wind
11-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
no one play pong anymore?
Looks like it's just you and me... Hey, maybe we can set up a match sometime!

SeaFireLIV
11-24-2007, 08:30 PM
What I don`t understand is why get a console game of a game that`s on the PC when you have a PC?

A PC allows you to play, IL2, COD4, Oblivion plus a load more other games all in one.

It seems common sense to me that if I have a PC then spend the money on all games that`ll run on a PC. They often look better, play better and add that extra few options that you don`t get with consoles. Also you can Mod the game changing stuff as simple as skins if you wish.

I certainly would never buy a console to run a game I can run on my PC.

I still see people on the Oblivion forum psoting today saying, "How do I add custom mods to the Xbox360 Oblivion?" and they still don`t get it when they`re told, only on the PC.

It`s also cheaper PC wise.

The only reasons I got a console was for my kid who wanted it for Xmas and for the odd beat-em-up, which, very oddly, don`t exist on PCs. Oh, and it`s good for people who don`t want to have to configure their game to work the first few times.

A PC mouse does not make gaming in FPS` too easy. That`s just handicapping yourselves to try and make consoles look better. A mouse is simply better because it`s fluid and accessible. A contoller limits your range of movement. A mouse more closely resembles the movement point of a rifle than a Pad ever could.

Sure, enjoy the console, but never believe a console beats the PC. You can make yourself think it does, but when all the facters are looked at it`s no competition.

This isn`t a boast, it`s just pointing out the obvious facts.

VMF-214_HaVoK
11-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
What I don`t understand is why get a console game of a game that`s on the PC when you have a PC?

A PC allows you to play, IL2, COD4, Oblivion plus a load more other games all in one.

It seems common sense to me that if I have a PC then spend the money on all games that`ll run on a PC. They often look better, play better and add that extra few options that you don`t get with consoles. Also you can Mod the game changing stuff as simple as skins if you wish.

I certainly would never buy a console to run a game I can run on my PC.

I still see people on the Oblivion forum psoting today saying, "How do I add custom mods to the Xbox360 Oblivion?" and they still don`t get it when they`re told, only on the PC.

It`s also cheaper PC wise.

The only reasons I got a console was for my kid who wanted it for Xmas and for the odd beat-em-up, which, very oddly, don`t exist on PCs. Oh, and it`s good for people who don`t want to have to configure their game to work the first few times.

A PC mouse does not make gaming in FPS` too easy. That`s just handicapping yourselves to try and make consoles look better. A mouse is simply better because it`s fluid and accessible. A contoller limits your range of movement. A mouse more closely resembles the movement point of a rifle than a Pad ever could.

Sure, enjoy the console, but never believe a console beats the PC. You can make yourself think it does, but when all the facters are looked at it`s no competition.

This isn`t a boast, it`s just pointing out the obvious facts.

Each have their own pros and cons and owning both it becomes more clear what they are. The only way to answer some of your own questions would be for you to own both and have spent enough time with each of them.

S!

TheGozr
11-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Well as much COD4 is cool on Pacman machine or PC Arm assault has Track ir so nothing beat that.

Breeze147
11-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by TheGozr:
Well as much COD4 is cool on Pacman machine or PC Arm assault has Track ir so nothing beat that.

Please check in with The Big Giant Head.

icrash
11-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I should get my evil twin's gamer tag so ya'll can beat up on him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif 'Fraid I'm lost without a keyboard and mousie. BTW seen the artwork on War Pig's main gun or the kill markers on Lt Vasquez's helmet?

VMF-214_HaVoK
11-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by TheGozr:

You know whats funny? Is that so called Pacman machine is far more powerful then many of the members PCs of this community. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif (not mine but many, I know for sure). It takes a real decent rig to make it look as good as it does on the 360...be sure.

Love my TIR for sims but did not care for it too much in ArmA.

BTW I believe this thread was started for people who own CoD4 and have an Xbox Live account, so I dont see how this tuned into game A is better then game B topic. You dont like it fine...to each his own.

S~

Lucius_Esox
11-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Not played Cod 4 yet, am getting it this weekend I hear graphically it's excellent.

Have just finished Crysis. Graphically that is the best game I've ever seen on any platform. Needs to run on high settings to see what all the fuss is about though and needs a pretty ninja pc.

Very high looks,,, well.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif That is on XP as well under Dx9.