PDA

View Full Version : Been gone a long time

Aces_High_2
06-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Hi all,

I thought I'd pop in to post a few words about my lack of contact etc., something I should have done weeks ago.

As I know some of you are aware that my mother was taken into hospital in early January with a broken hip. Since then there have been numerous complications including five "clean up" ops to treat MRSA and her condition has deteriorated continuosly. A while back she had an operation to remove the "metalwork" as her osteoperosis had spead to her hip joint and she is still in the hospital some six months later. Recently she had a scan and biopsy as they identified on x-ray a "substance" in her lower spine and i found out earlier in the week that one of the biopsy samples has detected Cancerous tissue so she is now going to have a second scan and biopsy to further investigate this.

All in all she is in a pretty terrible state, she has lost the use of her legs and is entirely bed-bound and eventually will have to go into a nursing home as she cannot look after herself in any way. I'm still doing the daily visits to her house to look after her cats and collect mail etc. etc. and the worry and stress has been putting quite a strain on things and I've lost interest in a lot of things including my artwork/website and gaming.

I don't know when she might come out of hospital into a nursing home as every new medical procedure is taking months rather than weeks and of course the Cancer is now the number one worry.

As I've been visiting this board for the better part of four years and persuing the hobby in all forms since the original game was released I thought I'd drop by and explain my absence. I was hoping very much to have worked with Grat on the successor to IL2-MAT Manager on which Grat has made some amazing progress but, under the circumstances, I haven't been able to achieve anything of worth however the project is very exciting and maybe one day I'll have the enthusiam and time to get back into things.

Best Regards to all

Leigh / Aces

Aces_High_2
06-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Hi all,

I thought I'd pop in to post a few words about my lack of contact etc., something I should have done weeks ago.

As I know some of you are aware that my mother was taken into hospital in early January with a broken hip. Since then there have been numerous complications including five "clean up" ops to treat MRSA and her condition has deteriorated continuosly. A while back she had an operation to remove the "metalwork" as her osteoperosis had spead to her hip joint and she is still in the hospital some six months later. Recently she had a scan and biopsy as they identified on x-ray a "substance" in her lower spine and i found out earlier in the week that one of the biopsy samples has detected Cancerous tissue so she is now going to have a second scan and biopsy to further investigate this.

All in all she is in a pretty terrible state, she has lost the use of her legs and is entirely bed-bound and eventually will have to go into a nursing home as she cannot look after herself in any way. I'm still doing the daily visits to her house to look after her cats and collect mail etc. etc. and the worry and stress has been putting quite a strain on things and I've lost interest in a lot of things including my artwork/website and gaming.

I don't know when she might come out of hospital into a nursing home as every new medical procedure is taking months rather than weeks and of course the Cancer is now the number one worry.

As I've been visiting this board for the better part of four years and persuing the hobby in all forms since the original game was released I thought I'd drop by and explain my absence. I was hoping very much to have worked with Grat on the successor to IL2-MAT Manager on which Grat has made some amazing progress but, under the circumstances, I haven't been able to achieve anything of worth however the project is very exciting and maybe one day I'll have the enthusiam and time to get back into things.

Best Regards to all

Leigh / Aces

GilB57
06-16-2006, 05:46 AM
Hello Aces !

Happy to hear about you (despite the bad news : I'm sorry about your mother)
Keep courage and I expect you'll recover time & enthusiasm about your great stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regards !

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-16-2006, 06:30 AM
Sorry to hear about yours and your mother's trials. Hope it gets better for you.

TB

Vacillator
06-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Really sorry to hear about all of that. Puts things into perspective. Hope things improve as far as they can.
I'm still using your previous great work, so I also hope you'll be able to do more in the future.

HotelBushranger
06-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Sorry to hear mate. Hope everything goes well for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ytareh
06-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune .I was feeling sorry for myself about some silly little thing and it certainly gave me a reality check.Hope things improve