PDA

View Full Version : CYBORG EVO FORCE vs FF2

OutaFocus
01-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Anyone out there using the Evo now and had an ff2 before who is able to give me a comparison on the two. Looking at buying the Evo Force and am hoping it is as good as the Sidewinder ff2. I know...its a lot to ask for.
PS: In particular the accuracy when lining up for a shot.

OutaFocus
01-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Anyone out there using the Evo now and had an ff2 before who is able to give me a comparison on the two. Looking at buying the Evo Force and am hoping it is as good as the Sidewinder ff2. I know...its a lot to ask for.
PS: In particular the accuracy when lining up for a shot.

3.JG51_BigBear
01-30-2005, 11:13 AM
I would recomment foregoing the force feedback completely. I used a MSFF2 for three years. I bough two over the years and was a die hard fan but I needed money so I sold them and I bought a cheap EVO Cyborg and it was one of the best moves I've made. The force feeback was throwing off my aim like crazy and was preventing me from getting the most out of the planes because of the "mushyness" force feedback sticks have towards the limits of the planes' flight envelopes. The stock evo is much more precise and very cheap. Just my two cents. As far as force feeback goes, nothing can be a MSFF2.

Sultan_of_Swing
01-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Gotta disagree BigBear. I just replaced my standard Evo with the FF one. It's a huge improvement. I find it helps my aim because I can "feel' the plane more accurately. Alot depends on where you set the force in the control panel and also what your stick settings are. It took lots of tweaking.

I love the Evo FF. I had a MSSWFF years ago and forgot how much I enjoyed the extra info the FF stick provides.

S!

tracker45
01-30-2005, 03:15 PM
I've also used the Ms FFB2 for years. I've also tried a non FFB stick for a while.

I found it easier to shoot with the non-FFb but I really felt that I lost a lot of immersion without FFb, so I parked the non FFb and only use the Ms FFb2.

Xnomad
01-30-2005, 03:57 PM
I can't compare the two but I have to stick up for the FFB2 even though it isn't available anymore.

When I got it I improved my flying instantly. The stick gives you feedback about your speed so you can fly the plane on the edge and know when you need to speed up or slow down. An example is that I know that in a Bf 109 when I'm flying at the perfect turning speed as the stick gives me the right amount of stiffness.

You also can feel everything stiffening up at speed so you are aware that the elevators are going to be heavier etc.

As for aiming the only trouble I had was the shaking from the recoil. The solution was to get rid of the recoil files for the autocannon and the MG in the FFB folder in FB and replace them with empty files. Of course to be even more accurate it also helps to have rudder pedals as twisting and moving the stick at the same time can be tricky.

Box-weasel
01-30-2005, 10:31 PM
I had 2 MSFFB1s and 3 MSFFB2s. Fun sticks but all wore out due to the cheesy microswitches they use for the MG button.

Now I own the Saitek Evo Force which for a lot less $ is easily as good if not better in control than the MS.

I use default game settings and gain settings of 50%

OutaFocus
01-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I also have the X45 stick which I use in conjunction with the MSFFB2. I like using the X45 when flying games not very tolerant of FFB. Save on the wear and tear om my beloved FFB2.
It was Box-Weasels response that I was hoping to hear though. I have a Logitech stick that has ffb and has been a dissapointment from the beginning.
I was afraid the Evo Force would be the same.
Thanks again... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

crazyivan1970
01-31-2005, 12:13 AM
FFB2 is the best FFB stick ever made, bar none... at least in my book. Hard to compare. Glad i have two of those http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Xnomad
01-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Well considering Force Feedback is very handy and the FFB2 is no longer being sold then you will just have to get the Cyborg Evo, it's the only Force Feedback out there made by a respectable joystick maker (not Logitech)if CH would make one I would reconsider. The ergonomics of the stick seem to be a big plus point too.

So if my FFB2 was irreparably damaged I'd go for the Cyborg Evo Force too.