PDA

View Full Version : Really? *SPOILERS*

Poodle_of_Doom
12-03-2011, 11:07 PM
What the hell is up with the whole Lucy plot point? Really? She's freakin' dead? WTF? They've done gone out and killed everyone.... What the hell?

masterfenix2009
12-03-2011, 11:15 PM
? Wasn't that evident from brotherhood? It was only confirmed in Revelations.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-03-2011, 11:35 PM
No... everyone was for sure that Lucy would be coming back. People were saying things like, "She's a main character.", and "Ezio and Altair both got stabbed there." In the months leading up to the game, just about everyone here on the forums would have bet their lives that Lucy was coming back. Personally, I thought she would of been to... but I guess I was wrong.

masterfenix2009
12-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Well, Ubisoft likes doing unexpected things. If everyone suspects a theory, its gonna be wrong. Remember how everyone thought Machiavelli was gonna be a traitor? Well, look how that turned....

S-EVANS
12-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Speaking of unexpected things, i wonder how they intend to kill desmond?

That should be an explosive ending!!!

EdgeR44
12-04-2011, 08:50 AM
I honestly think it's a matter of real-life stuff. Clearly the big-name voice actor in this series is Kristen Bell. She either asked for too much money or simply has a busy schedule to keep up with a video game. Even in brotherhood it was clear that her part was very small [speech that is]. So I think they killed her character for that reason.

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 10:03 AM
I doubt she's truly gone. They're just rubbing it in to mess with you. I doubt she asked for to much money also.

More like they want to add suspense.

Thus why they rub it in with Shaun mentioning she liked Desmond and what have you.

Eregost
12-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Thing is, they buried her.

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Point being? Altair burnt a body to make sure it was gone.

A first civilization that is already dead some how found a time nexus where all time comes together so they could have a conversation.

A glowly ball can control minds.

Buried? And?

Eregost
12-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Dead and gone, dead and gone...

LightRey
12-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:
Well, Ubisoft likes doing unexpected things. If everyone suspects a theory, its gonna be wrong. Remember how everyone thought Machiavelli was gonna be a traitor? Well, look how that turned....
I even remember people thinking Mario was a traitor. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
12-04-2011, 05:34 PM
At that, I thought the lack of a reaction on Desmonds part was funny. You here William ask about how close they were, and the others said they had a "few misty eyed moments.", but Desmonds response to that fact upon waking up was lacking (read: didn't exists). For two people who were that close, I imagine Desmonds first thoughts/responses/actions would be towards his fallen commrade.

None the less, I'm curious to know how Lucy died. I don't recall them saying specifically that Lucy died from her injuries. At that, I got to thinking,... she mentioned once before that Vidic, and Abstergo had the boarders of Italy blocked off,... and now it appears as if they're in NY,... so do you think it's possible she died trying to get out of the country?

At that, I'm surprised the characters didn't have a heck of a discussion on the whole situation. They must of understood that Desmond was under the apples influence,... but there's still a lot of questions I'd want answered if I were them....

xx-pyro
12-04-2011, 05:50 PM
What I got out of it was they thought it was supposed to be clear she was dead in Brotherhood, but since people created other (plausible mind you) theories, they decided to confirm it in Revelations. If she isnt dead, why wasn't she in the van with the rest of the crew? I'd love for her to be alive but you would have to be pretty attatched to her to believe she is still alive.

ProdiGurl
12-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
At that, I thought the lack of a reaction on Desmonds part was funny. You here William ask about how close they were, and the others said they had a "few misty eyed moments.", but Desmonds response to that fact upon waking up was lacking (read: didn't exists). For two people who were that close, I imagine Desmonds first thoughts/responses/actions would be towards his fallen commrade.

I could have swore that I remember Desmond being on the ground yelling "IT WASN'T ME !" ?

I don't pay a whole lot of attn. to Desmond's parts, so I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember something like that where he threw a fit about it.
?

Plus you have to take into account that he's in a very wierd place, not knowing what the heck's going on & how long he may be there, he's a little preoccupied mentally -
everyone reacts differently in different situations.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

I could have swore that I remember Desmond being on the ground yelling "IT WASN'T ME !" ?

I don't pay a whole lot of attn. to Desmond's parts, so I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember something like that where he threw a fit about it.
?

Plus you have to take into account that he's in a very wierd place, not knowing what the heck's going on & how long he may be there, he's a little preoccupied mentally -
everyone reacts differently in different situations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What version of the game were you playing... I kid you not, that wasn't in mine!!

Originally posted by xx-pyro:
What I got out of it was they thought it was supposed to be clear she was dead in Brotherhood, but since people created other (plausible mind you) theories, they decided to confirm it in Revelations. If she isnt dead, why wasn't she in the van with the rest of the crew? I'd love for her to be alive but you would have to be pretty attatched to her to believe she is still alive.

You remember they were driving down the country road right? But yet Shawn, Rebecca, and William are all in the back of the van with Desmond...

masterfenix2009
12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

?

What version of the game were you playing... I kid you not, that wasn't in mine!!

You remember they were driving down the country road right? But yet Shawn, Rebecca, and William are all in the back of the van with Desmond... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It happened in the very beggining. Remember?

Subject 16: If you hurry, you might make it back to Lucy's funeral.

Desmond: What? No. Oh god lucy. It wasn't me.

ProdiGurl
12-04-2011, 07:23 PM
me

?

- - - - - - -
POD

I'm going to start the game again tomorrow morning in my 3rd save slot just to run thru the scene & pay close attn. to his reaction.
Let you know tomorrow.

xx-pyro
12-04-2011, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

?

You remember they were driving down the country road right? But yet Shawn, Rebecca, and William are all in the back of the van with Desmond... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They had stopped driving at that point- hence why the van wasn't moving while William opened the back door.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Now that you say that, I do recall him having said that. But he wasn't on the ground, and wasn't really yelling. None the less, it doesn't excuse the lack of further development on that plot.

The whole thing with the van still seems a little funny though. I mean, you go right from the van stopping to being in the back of it, giving the impression that there was no time interuption.

naran6142
12-04-2011, 09:49 PM
you would think that they would at least explain what happened to lucy

E-Zekiel
12-04-2011, 09:50 PM
The sheer haste in which the character was "confirmed" dead + whisked away in Revelations actually makes me think that the Templars may have taken the body, for whatever reason. The reason I think this is it provides another plot point/conflict with the Templars, as opposed to what it WOULD be without this, in AC3. AC3 would just be finding artifacts and such to basically stop the end of the world...any Templar conflicts would be incidental, unintentional, and inconvenient. Having to rescue + resurrect a dead friend from their clutches would be a way to put them in conflict again.

Problem is, I dunno why the Templars would care about whisking her body away. Unless maybe they want to somehow extract memories of some ancestors of hers.

It's hard to tell if she's done for good or if they're setting up more. I'll just take it as we go.

xCr0wnedNorris
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
SHE. GOT. STABBED.

naran6142
12-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
SHE. GOT. STABBED. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I. KNOW. THAT.

i meant why, they never explained why in ACR

they cant expect us to just assume that juno wanted desmond to fall into the black room so she made him stab lucy, based on wat we saw in ACB

if thats even the reason

all we know for sure is that shes dead

xCr0wnedNorris
12-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Juno knew about their feelings for each other and she had to put a stop to that. The reason why is because Desmond needs to find his "Eve". Eve is a woman with either with the same amount or an even higher concentration of TWCB's genes. The reason why Juno wants these two together is so they can reproduce, and possibly create offspring containing only TWCB's genes (in other words, reviving their species). THAT'S why Lucy got stabbed.

goclo822
12-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Well you have to think about everything he was just told and shown. Despite how much he cares for her, I doubt he'd wake up and immediately be like "So hey how's Lucy?! By the way, we have to stop the end of the world." We didn't exactly get a lot of time to see his reaction outside the animus and he did react to it while in the animus. As ProdiGurl said, at the beginning Subject 16 mentioned Lucy's funeral and Desmond fell to his knees very upset about it. Plus when you think about it, the entire coma was partly a reaction to Lucy's death. I'd say he took it pretty hard.

I think that the starting of AC3 will pick up with him talking about what happened with the gang.

Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
The sheer haste in which the character was "confirmed" dead + whisked away in Revelations actually makes me think that the Templars may have taken the body, for whatever reason. The reason I think this is it provides another plot point/conflict with the Templars, as opposed to what it WOULD be without this, in AC3. AC3 would just be finding artifacts and such to basically stop the end of the world...any Templar conflicts would be incidental, unintentional, and inconvenient. Having to rescue + resurrect a dead friend from their clutches would be a way to put them in conflict again.

Problem is, I dunno why the Templars would care about whisking her body away. Unless maybe they want to somehow extract memories of some ancestors of hers.

It's hard to tell if she's done for good or if they're setting up more. I'll just take it as we go.
That was also something that crossed my mind and I agree that it would add a lot to the game to have that conflict. It would add another dramatic plot point to the game, it would give Desmond some action outside the animus, and it would add more wood to the fire in the conflict between the Templars and Assassins bringing their fight to a head. Without something like that, I fear that the Templar and Assassin conflict outside the animus would take back burner to the apocalypse and would simmer out. In truth, there really doesn't seem to be much of a motive for the war between the Assassins and Templars. This would add that aspect to the game.

However, as you said, there really wouldn't seem to be much of a reason for them to want her unless the Templar's know something about Lucy that the Assassins don't. Like what if they found out that she was the descendant of Eve or something, then Desmond finds out that he needs her to save the world and then that starts the conflict over her to tie together the Templars, Assassins and apocalypse.

Juno knew about their feelings for each other and she had to put a stop to that. The reason why is because Desmond needs to find his "Eve". Eve is a woman with either with the same amount or an even higher concentration of TWCB's genes. The reason why Juno wants these two together is so they can reproduce, and possibly create offspring containing only TWCB's genes (in other words, reviving their species). THAT'S why Lucy got stabbed.
But I still don't even believe that is the reason. Why would the Devs even bring in Lucy and use her as a romantic love interest for Desmond if they just planned on killing her last minute and bringing in some new girl in Desmonds last game. It just doesn't add up. It eliminates Lucys point and importance to the game completely.

Inorganic9_2
12-05-2011, 03:11 AM
I didn't think Revelations revealed as much as they said it would. Ok, we saw 16. We saw Jupiter say that Desmond has to save the world. The only really new information we got was where the grand temple is and what it's for.

We never even learnt 16's name, we never found out what or who Eve was (even though 16 was there in front of us etc. etc.

Anyway, it always used to make me laugh how people would only believe what they wanted to believe. People liked Lucy, so they came up with all this loose and elaborate reasoning of how she was still alive and entirely ignoring the fact she was stabbed in the stomach and bled out everywhere. Though now, I see they're still doing it? even with Lucy confirmed dead? -__-

AntiChrist7
12-05-2011, 03:32 AM
we know 16's name, its in the encyclopediae. its clay Kaczmarek

ProdiGurl
12-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Now that you say that, I do recall him having said that. But he wasn't on the ground, and wasn't really yelling. None the less, it doesn't excuse the lack of further development on that plot.

The whole thing with the van still seems a little funny though. I mean, you go right from the van stopping to being in the back of it, giving the impression that there was no time interuption.

I just went thru it, and yes he was on the ground (as the memory hit him, he fell down). He said "it wasn't me" twice, then he said it was the Voice, Juno - it took over me.
Then he said "I'm so sorry" - then the scene stops & you take control of Desmond to go thru the portal.

So I'm not seeing how there wasn't enough reaction or emotion from him - what they didn't do is go into any detail, they leave you to believe the obvious events you saw at the end of ACB w/ Lucy.
They could have spent more time on it I guess, but it was enough for me at that point.
I was anxious to get started in the game.
--------------------

If that's true, that's really evil http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif lol
Just kill off any girls Desmond might like till he gets the girl with the right genetics?

goclo822
12-05-2011, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I didn't think Revelations revealed as much as they said it would. Ok, we saw 16. We saw Jupiter say that Desmond has to save the world. The only really new information we got was where the grand temple is and what it's for.

We never even learnt 16's name, we never found out what or who Eve was (even though 16 was there in front of us etc. etc.
we know 16's name, its in the encyclopediae. its clay Kaczmarek </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was really annoyed that we didn't get his name. He even mentioned that Desmond didn't know his name, why didn't he just tell him? Ya I know that it's in the encyclopedia but it should be stated in the game. Especially considering that there are people in this world that don't have the encyclopedia and have no way of getting it (like me).

Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Anyway, it always used to make me laugh how people would only believe what they wanted to believe. People liked Lucy, so they came up with all this loose and elaborate reasoning of how she was still alive and entirely ignoring the fact she was stabbed in the stomach and bled out everywhere. Though now, I see they're still doing it? even with Lucy confirmed dead? -__-
But it doesn't even have anything to do with what we want to believe. Yes I like Lucy, yes I want her alive but that isn't my reason for still having questions about her death or whether she's alive or not. Everything involving her death is still a huge mystery. If they truly intended to kill her just to kill her, could they not have found another way of doing so without leaving all the mystery and questions surrounding it? Like for instance, the gang could have walked out of the hideout, found themselves surrounded by Templars again mirroring the end of AC2, Lucy gets shot, killed, dies in Desmonds arms, end of story. We'd be able to accept that as a reasonable death. No questions as to how it happened or why. But how they killed her and the reasons around it make no sense. Of course we are still going to be speculating and asking questions 2 games later. We haven't received any answers!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

Two words: The Shroud. (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Shroud) And before you start off on the sterotypical rant of "Well... what about Brutus...", I remind you that Jesus had three days.

misterB2001
12-05-2011, 09:54 AM
She's been buried though, that pretty much suggests they won't even attempt to use the shroud, even If they are in possession of it.

eagleforlife1
12-05-2011, 10:01 AM
According to the encyclopaedia she died in 2012.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by misterB2001:
She's been buried though, that pretty much suggests they won't even attempt to use the shroud, even If they are in possession of it.

You say that almost as if Jesus wasn't... At that, I agree, she did die in 2012. Again, with Jesus, you can say when he died, not once, but twice in fact. Because, you know, that's how it happened.

E-Zekiel
12-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by misterB2001:

If she was in Templar control, this could have been staged/fake/etc to lure out her team. If they were NOT in Templar control, it's hard to think of a reason why none of her team would attend her funeral.

eagleforlife1
12-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by misterB2001:

If she was in Templar control, this could have been staged/fake/etc to lure out her team. If they were NOT in Templar control, it's hard to think of a reason why none of her team would attend her funeral. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaun buried her while Bill, Rebecca and that other guy made preparations to get to New York.

E-Zekiel
12-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by misterB2001:

If she was in Templar control, this could have been staged/fake/etc to lure out her team. If they were NOT in Templar control, it's hard to think of a reason why none of her team would attend her funeral. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaun buried her while Bill, Rebecca and that other guy made preparations to get to New York. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that said in the game or somewhere else? As I recall, it was Shaun who said "They already buried her."

If he was the one that did it, I dunno why he'd say "they" instead of "I" or "we".

LightRey
12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Shaun buried her while Bill, Rebecca and that other guy made preparations to get to New York. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, Shaun didn't. He explicitly said "they buried her". I'm not even sure if he was there (I can't remember if he said so).

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm with Ezekiel on this one. That's the way I recall it unfolding too. None the less, are we sure that what Desmond heard was accurate? The idea of him being in the animus in the first place was to help rebuild his conciousness, and seperate the people out of his noggin. None the less, do we know for a fact that what he heard is accurate to what is really going on? Could it of been some aspect of his subconcious playing things out simply to help ease the guilt he had? At that, let's remember that he collapsed because of mental stress from stabbing her. Perhaps his conciouness was merely trying to save him from the guilt, and having to face her at some future point, not to mention, many months of prolonged worry as she recooperates at whatever place she may be at?

naran6142
12-05-2011, 04:00 PM

and im saying that none of this information was in ACR, unless i really missed something

am i not being clear or something?

goclo822
12-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

No, Shaun didn't. He explicitly said "they buried her". I'm not even sure if he was there (I can't remember if he said so). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was kind of confused about that because Shaun says that they buried her already outside of rome and then Rebecca says she already knows and asks him if he will be joining them. It sounds like he was with them but why wouldn't he say "we buried her already" rather than "they". I suppose it could have just been a wording thing because he didn't personally do the work of burying her or whatever but it was just strange how it was worded. And then we have to wonder who he was with. Was it other Assassin's that he is talking about? And even if Shaun was personally with them when they buried her, that still doesn't eliminate the idea of Lucy's burial being staged because what if Shaun is the mole and what if he helped the Templars hide her.

LightRey
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by go_clo:
I was kind of confused about that because Shaun says that they buried her already outside of rome and then Rebecca says she already knows and asks him if he will be joining them. It sounds like he was with them but why wouldn't he say "we buried her already" rather than "they". I suppose it could have just been a wording thing because he didn't personally do the work of burying her or whatever but it was just strange how it was worded. And then we have to wonder who he was with. Was it other Assassin's that he is talking about? And even if Shaun was personally with them when they buried her, that still doesn't eliminate the idea of Lucy's burial being staged because what if Shaun is the mole and what if he helped the Templars hide her.
I think he wasn't with Rebecca because he had business to attend to or something.

goclo822
12-05-2011, 04:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by go_clo:
I think he wasn't with Rebecca because he had business to attend to or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But what could he possibly have to do? Lucy was just killed, Desmond is comatose and they just found out where they needed to go next. Seems odd that he had something else to do.

LightRey
12-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by go_clo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by go_clo:
I think he wasn't with Rebecca because he had business to attend to or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But what could he possibly have to do? Lucy was just killed, Desmond is comatose and they just found out where they needed to go next. Seems odd that he had something else to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well considering they just found clues for the locations of (some of) the temples and he's the historian, I'd say that's an option. He's also partly responsible for helping out the other assassin teams, so it could be related to that too.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
But what could he possibly have to do? Lucy was just killed, Desmond is comatose and they just found out where they needed to go next. Seems odd that he had something else to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well considering they just found clues for the locations of (some of) the temples and he's the historian, I'd say that's an option. He's also partly responsible for helping out the other assassin teams, so it could be related to that too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but always from a workstation before. Did he forget his laptop, with all that top secret Assassin stuff on it, or something?

LightRey
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah, but always from a workstation before. Did he forget his laptop, with all that top secret Assassin stuff on it, or something?
No idea, but really there are a number of excuses besides Lucy's funeral that Ubi could think/have thought of that are valid.

xCr0wnedNorris
12-05-2011, 05:53 PM
and im saying that none of this information was in ACR, unless i really missed something
No it's not.

*Brings out official Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood guide, co-written by the guys at piggyback and the AC development team.*

It's in here.

Yes, very unclear. I'll use an analogy to help explain it. You asked about what a fish is and expected me to tell you how to catch one.

twenty_glyphs
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
No it's not.

*Brings out official Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood guide, co-written by the guys at piggyback and the AC development team.*

It's in here.

Yes, very unclear. I'll use an analogy to help explain it. You asked about what a fish is and expected me to tell you how to catch one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The strategy guide is not an official story source. Most people will never even see them, so it would be stupid to reveal major story points there. I also highly doubt that Ubisoft is giving the Piggyback guys future story details and hints. Those sections of the guides are strictly analysis and speculation.

I have all 3 Piggyback guides, and while the plot analysis parts are really good, there are several speculations they make that seem to come completely out of left field. They said in the AC2 guide that Alta´r was Ezio's ancestor, and in the Brotherhood guide that Ezio's Apple is Piece of Eden No. 3 that the Templars are looking for. We know it's not PoE No. 3 because that one was owned by U.S. Presidents starting with George Washington, and is what JFK was killed by the Templars for, so they should already have it.

A lot of the theories about Lucy being a distraction from Eve and TWCB wanting Desmond to somehow revive their race with Eve came largely from the strategy guide, with very little actual evidence given in Brotherhood other than a few incredibly vague and cryptic statements that could mean any number of things. And the fact is, Revelations does not give us any more information about the cryptic statements from Subject 16 and Juno in Brotherhood and why Desmond stabbed Lucy. This story has really gone off the rails if they expect us to find out the actual important details in a strategy guide.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 07:12 PM
The thing that bothers me most about Revelations is the fact that it seemed to provide very few clews as to what happened so far.

naran6142
12-05-2011, 08:11 PM
No it's not.

It's in here.

Yes, very unclear. I'll use an analogy to help explain it. You asked about what a fish is and expected me to tell you how to catch one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont recall asking any questions... Actually i didn't ask any questions

do u really think that it was a good idea to kill off a main character and not explain why in the game

even if the strategy guide was official ubisoft stuff (which i dont think it is) it is still a bad idea to not include that information in the game

i personally think that ubisoft has really put themselves in a bad position, they were supposed to answer most things in ACR and then get on with AC3

but now they're going to have to explain a lot of stuff in AC3 (like the eve stuff, and lucy) and i dont think they are going to have enough time... unless AC3 has been in the works since ACR

xCr0wnedNorris
12-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Reasoning behind my response: They did explain what happened to her. Why your statement may not specifically say "give me this information", it does imply a message of "I'd like to have this information." So I gave it to you.

Afterwards, you did ask a question, so I answered it.

do u really think that it was a good idea to kill off a main character and not explain why in the game
Doesn't matter since I'm not making the game. Btw, ever heard of cliffhangers? Just because it isn't explained in the instance where it happens doesn't mean it'll never be explained.

dxsxhxcx
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
even if the strategy guide was official ubisoft stuff (which i dont think it is) it is still a bad idea to not include that information in the game

i personally think that ubisoft has really put themselves in a bad position, they were supposed to answer most things in ACR and then get on with AC3

but now they're going to have to explain a lot of stuff in AC3 (like the eve stuff, and lucy) and i dont think they are going to have enough time... unless AC3 has been in the works since ACR

I'm more worried about S16 than Lucy, after 3 games waiting for him to finally make an appearance, when he does, the character that was probably one of the most interesting/mysterious characters in the franchise was reduced to nothing, his appearance in ACR had no meaning to me...

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Doesn't matter since I'm not making the game. Btw, ever heard of cliffhangers? Just because it isn't explained in the instance where it happens doesn't mean it'll never be explained.

That's really not the point though. The point the whole lot of us happen to be making is the fact that we were sold on this game under the illusion that this would be issuing answers to many of the questions posed by the franchise.

eagleforlife1
12-06-2011, 01:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

No, Shaun didn't. He explicitly said "they buried her". I'm not even sure if he was there (I can't remember if he said so). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't mean he literally buried her; I meant he was present at her burial.

To quote the encyclopaedia:

'Lucy was buried shortly thereafter in a small cemetery on the outskirts of Rome. Though Shaun Hastings attended her funeral, he was the only one of her team present--the others were already on their way to another location in an attempt to help Desmond'.

LightRey
12-06-2011, 05:38 AM

'Lucy was buried shortly thereafter in a small cemetery on the outskirts of Rome. Though Shaun Hastings attended her funeral, he was the only one of her team present--the others were already on their way to another location in an attempt to help Desmond'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well then I guess he was there. However, usually when you say "they buried her" it means that you yourself weren't at the funeral.

eagleforlife1
12-06-2011, 05:46 AM

'Lucy was buried shortly thereafter in a small cemetery on the outskirts of Rome. Though Shaun Hastings attended her funeral, he was the only one of her team present--the others were already on their way to another location in an attempt to help Desmond'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well then I guess he was there. However, usually when you say "they buried her" it means that you yourself weren't at the funeral. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps, but it could also mean that he was in attendance but 'they' buried her.

LightRey
12-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Perhaps, but it could also mean that he was in attendance but 'they' buried her.
Yeah, but then he'd be talking about the specific people that put her body in her grave. Not sure why anyone would do that.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah, but then he'd be talking about the specific people that put her body in her grave. Not sure why anyone would do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps in order to allude that there's more going on here than what we see,... that there are more people with there hands in the kettle than we know about.

LightRey
12-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah, but then he'd be talking about the specific people that put her body in her grave. Not sure why anyone would do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps in order to allude that there's more going on here than what we see,... that there are more people with there hands in the kettle than we know about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmm, maybe. We'll have to wait and see (or not see) in AC3 I guess.

SolidSage
12-06-2011, 10:26 AM
The 'they' Shaun was talking about was probably Lucy's family. And I think him being the only one present is a pretty obvious window of opportunity for her death being fake.

The TWCB are bad yo.

LightRey
12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
The 'they' Shaun was talking about was probably Lucy's family. And I think him being the only one present is a pretty obvious window of opportunity for her death being fake.

The TWCB are bad yo.
What would Lucy's family be doing in Italy?

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2011, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:

The TWCB are bad yo.
What would Lucy's family be doing in Italy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree on the aspect reagarding Shaun. As to Lucy's family being in italy, why is William there? For Desmond... and the fact that he was in a coma. Why wouldn't hers come if she was dead?

LightRey
12-06-2011, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:

The TWCB are bad yo.

I agree on the aspect reagarding Shaun. As to Lucy's family being in italy, why is William there? For Desmond... and the fact that he was in a coma. Why wouldn't hers come if she was dead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well William isn't so much there for Desmond as he is there for the order. Desmond just happens to be a key asset to the order.

eagleforlife1
12-06-2011, 11:20 AM

The TWCB are bad yo.

I agree on the aspect reagarding Shaun. As to Lucy's family being in italy, why is William there? For Desmond... and the fact that he was in a coma. Why wouldn't hers come if she was dead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well William isn't so much there for Desmond as he is there for the order. Desmond just happens to be a key asset to the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you've answered your own question then. Maybe Lucy's family were also assassins.

LightRey
12-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Well you've answered your own question then. Maybe Lucy's family were also assassins.
Well they were, but I don't see Lucy being a key asset to the order and I don't see any reason for them to come to Italy just because Lucy is there. Them being Assassins during those troubling times means they'd have better things to do, if they're even alive that is.

eagleforlife1
12-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Well they were, but I don't see Lucy being a key asset to the order and I don't see any reason for them to come to Italy just because Lucy is there. Them being Assassins during those troubling times means they'd have better things to do, if they're even alive that is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't know enough about Lucy's history. She may have moved with her family to Italy as a child.

LightRey
12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Well they were, but I don't see Lucy being a key asset to the order and I don't see any reason for them to come to Italy just because Lucy is there. Them being Assassins during those troubling times means they'd have better things to do, if they're even alive that is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't know enough about Lucy's history. She may have moved with her family to Italy as a child. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe, but that's just another assumption.

eagleforlife1
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM

We don't know enough about Lucy's history. She may have moved with her family to Italy as a child. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe, but that's just another assumption. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost everything in this thread is based on assumption.

LightRey
12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
True, but even then you generally want as few as possible.

naran6142
12-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Reasoning behind my response: They did explain what happened to her. Why your statement may not specifically say "give me this information", it does imply a message of "I'd like to have this information." So I gave it to you.

Doesn't matter since I'm not making the game. Btw, ever heard of cliffhangers? Just because it isn't explained in the instance where it happens doesn't mean it'll never be explained. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so because you think im asking a question means that i am... that doesn't really make any sense

to be clear, im saying that ubisoft is running out of time. there are a lot of thing that they are going to have to explain in AC3

and when lucy got stabbed in ACB, i think a lot of the fans were expecting more answers about it other then "shes dead". ur right in saying that not everything has to be explained right away, but there wasn't enough in ACR, IMO

and about 16, we didn't really learn anything from him or about him. hes the one then knows what is really going on. "the truth" video was in AC2 but we really dont learn anything new about it in ACR. which doesn't really make sense to me because the guy behind "the truth" video was standing right in front of desmond

so to (hopefully) be clear, im saying that ubi is running out of time because the things that should have been in ACR, now have to be in AC3

LordWolv
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Scientific theories are based on assumptions.. Religion is based on assumptions..
Doesn't mean we can't assume! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

eagleforlife1
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
Scientific theories are based on assumptions.. Religion is based on assumptions..
Doesn't mean we can't assume! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say we couldn't assume. LightRey said that my point wasn't relevant because it is based on assumption. I just made that point.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2011, 08:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

Doesn't matter since I'm not making the game. Btw, ever heard of cliffhangers? Just because it isn't explained in the instance where it happens doesn't mean it'll never be explained. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so because you think im asking a question means that i am... that doesn't really make any sense

to be clear, im saying that ubisoft is running out of time. there are a lot of thing that they are going to have to explain in AC3

and when lucy got stabbed in ACB, i think a lot of the fans were expecting more answers about it other then "shes dead". ur right in saying that not everything has to be explained right away, but there wasn't enough in ACR, IMO

and about 16, we didn't really learn anything from him or about him. hes the one then knows what is really going on. "the truth" video was in AC2 but we really dont learn anything new about it in ACR. which doesn't really make sense to me because the guy behind "the truth" video was standing right in front of desmond

so to (hopefully) be clear, im saying that ubi is running out of time because the things that should have been in ACR, now have to be in AC3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And ultimately, this is the key. There's to many questions, and to few answers.

xsatanicjokerx
12-06-2011, 10:09 PM
"What is dead cannot die, but rises again harder and stronger" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Let's hope this is the case.