PDA

View Full Version : Pilot here,pilot there.....

torquethrottle
09-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Pilot everywhere!!!No,I don't think so. I would prefer to fly one or two acft types, that the Oleg team has done right, than a bunch of "tinker toys," that don't look or sound the part. I believe in quality over quantity, and a good flight sim deserves nothing less.

torquethrottle
09-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Pilot everywhere!!!No,I don't think so. I would prefer to fly one or two acft types, that the Oleg team has done right, than a bunch of "tinker toys," that don't look or sound the part. I believe in quality over quantity, and a good flight sim deserves nothing less.

Maple_Tiger
09-27-2004, 04:54 AM
Oh Mcdonald had a pilot e i e i o.

The_Ant
09-27-2004, 05:36 AM
yeah better build 10 really modeld planes than 100 with strange fm/dm.
As the game is now its wrong too many planes that do the wrong thing,certain planes that are supposed to do certain manouvers based on real tactics cant do it in il2 if you try they simply stall or cant go true the whole manouver despite what speed you have since the plane is not programed right.And its not just in full real setting its in every setting.

christopher65
09-27-2004, 05:43 AM
examples please........ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

The_Ant
09-27-2004, 06:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by christopher65:
examples please........ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont call me a luftwhinner since im not.
Heres an intersting thing my buddy and i like too fly The Me 109 and Fw190,In many books where luftwaffe tactics are described it mentions how good the Fw 190 was in its roll and sudden snaprolling capabillites,Mr eric brown also states this in his test in ww2 and several fw pilots states this.
Then why cant i roll too inverted and pull back whitout even stalling (in every Realism setting)
i found this very anoying,then heres another example if you try doing a scissor in Fw 190 it bleeds energy right away and stalls in 300 km/p hehe stall in 300 lol and a rolling scissor is by no means a very energy bleeding move.
otherwise i found the Fw190 to be a niceplane.
Think of this why is the p-40 soo damn good in the game (hey i like it its a cool plane)when it was outclassed by the luftwaffe and the russians admited the hated them and only preffered the p-39, why can i then dogfight like the movie caracter Sky captain, when i fly ingame,heres an example i had a server up once i flew a p-40m against 2 Ta-152 i outclimbed them and shoot both of them down,and they where attacking with an 1000 m altitude advantage and im at 3000-4000 m(Yeah right) im supposed to do this.And lets talk about the laughable Dm take a plane like the 109 i admit its not heavilly armored and its no good against bombers say you fly against a plane that has an 7,62mm tailgunner turret and he shoots at you head on hes bullets hits your cockpit canopy and your dead, yeah right when you are in a G6 or above the slopped armored glass is approcemit 60-80mm thick i dont think a 7,62mm bullet can penetrate that even head on.I have seen pictures of frontal glas being hit by a 20mm round and its still whole But with a hell of broken and craked glass and the bullet has NOT gone trow.This even applaies for the allied fighters attack a german or a russian plane that has a 7,62 or 7,92mm tailgunner hes gonna shoot trow your wind srceen.

VW-IceFire
09-27-2004, 07:07 AM
The FW190 you are surely not flying right. I split S all day long with not a stall in sight.

The_Ant
09-27-2004, 07:09 AM
Oh forgott lets test some other Dm,take a Fw 190 D9 and fire away with its 2 20mm and its 2 13mm they ahve less hitting power than an Me 109 with 1 20mm and 2 13mm even a yak3 or late yak9 have more firepower than the D9.And heres also a weird thing a Fiat g-50ora a p39-p63 which fires with 2 50 calibre machine guns only are more hitting and more accurate than an P-51B/C/D , p-40,P-47 and a Brewster,hey thats odd the more guns you get the more firepower,no no no not in il2.

The_Ant
09-27-2004, 07:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
The FW190 you are surely not flying right. I split S all day long with not a stall in sight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe soo i can admit defeat at that. but it cant do its infamous snaproll too get rid of enemys on its 6,no other aircraft could follow Fw 190 when it did this.When you try it you will only get halfway trow the manouver and will never get the whole monouver done properbly.seams il2 flight engine restricts you to do this.

Tully__
09-27-2004, 07:19 AM
I'm with IceFire, Fw190 is one of the best rolling planes in the game and it scissors (both flat and rolling) quite well. If you're stalling that thing while doing 300km/h indicated you're over-controlling by a long way.

Overcontrolling may also explain the rapid loss of energy you're experiencing. While none of the aircraft in this game are 100% accurate in terms of energy retention, they're at least mostly right in relation to other aircraft. I can retain energy quite well in the Fw190, but you have to be gentle with the controls in an energy fight. Hard manouvering bleeds energy, regardless of what you're flying.

gombal40
09-27-2004, 07:28 AM
What kind of books/info you have on the 190??

you seem to be very well informed. so spill out the beans, meaning facts, sources etc. or papers maybe. Make a list

Anything real...not "I heard so stuff", or "on the internet"...sources...my dear man so where o where...

Names and some qoute's will do nicely thank you.

Throw in a couple of new found graphs and i'm you're man. OOww and do publish here. yeahh
never to old to learn.

you can do that can't you?

The_Ant
09-27-2004, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gombal40:
What kind of books/info you have on the 190??

you seem to be very well informed. so spill out the beans, meaning facts, sources etc. or papers maybe. Make a list

Anything real...not "I heard so stuff", or "on the internet"...sources...my dear man so where o where...

Names and some qoute's will do nicely thank you.

Throw in a couple of new found graphs and i'm you're man. OOww and do publish here. yeahh
never to old to learn.

you can do that can't you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not my Books Its my friend he has 5-6 books just about the Fw with diagrams tests in ww2 and pilots views on the aircraft.
I dont remember what they where named since it was a maybe 6 months since i read them.
But If you see a person called The_Gnat ask him about it,ive sms him he might show up here,so he can say what books he have.
1 thing i rember is that these books he had was unbiased and showed Fw weaknes and Strenghts against aircraft such as Spit 5/9/14 typhoon/tempest P-51 and p-47 and maybe someother dont rember.

Jason Bourne
09-27-2004, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Ant:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by christopher65:
examples please........ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont call me a luftwhinner since im not.
Heres an intersting thing my buddy and i like too fly The Me 109 and Fw190,In many books where luftwaffe tactics are described it mentions how good the Fw 190 was in its roll and sudden snaprolling capabillites,Mr eric brown also states this in his test in ww2 and several fw pilots states this.
Then why cant i roll too inverted and pull back whitout even stalling (in every Realism setting)
i found this very anoying,then heres another example if you try doing a scissor in Fw 190 it bleeds energy right away and stalls in 300 km/p hehe stall in 300 lol and a rolling scissor is by no means a very energy bleeding move.
otherwise i found the Fw190 to be a niceplane.
Think of this why is the p-40 soo damn good in the game (hey i like it its a cool plane)when it was outclassed by the luftwaffe and the russians admited the hated them and only preffered the p-39, why can i then dogfight like the movie caracter Sky captain, when i fly ingame,heres an example i had a server up once i flew a p-40m against 2 Ta-152 i outclimbed them and shoot both of them down,and they where attacking with an 1000 m altitude advantage and im at 3000-4000 m(Yeah right) im supposed to do this.And lets talk about the laughable Dm take a plane like the 109 i admit its not heavilly armored and its no good against bombers say you fly against a plane that has an 7,62mm tailgunner turret and he shoots at you head on hes bullets hits your cockpit canopy and your dead, yeah right when you are in a G6 or above the slopped armored glass is approcemit 60-80mm thick i dont think a 7,62mm bullet can penetrate that even head on.I have seen pictures of frontal glas being hit by a 20mm round and its still whole But with a hell of broken and craked glass and the bullet has NOT gone trow.This even applaies for the allied fighters attack a german or a russian plane that has a 7,62 or 7,92mm tailgunner hes gonna shoot trow your wind srceen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here, i have a gift for you:

its called a blank space, it can be used to make things easier to read. Next week, Ill show you a little pointy thing called a period, and how you can use it effectivly.

TX-WarHawk
09-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Duh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Maple_Tiger
09-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Some tactics will not work when you'r in a DF server with icons and externals.

If you try that snap roll in a full real server, there is a good chance that it will work.

Chuck_Older
09-27-2004, 03:03 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
A period has no points, it's a circle- the most un-pointy thing I can think of http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif