PDA

View Full Version : Comment in conf.ini file???

SithSpeeder
12-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey all--

Does anyone know if it's possible to mark a line as a comment in the conf.ini files? The reason I ask is that sometimes I tweak something or add something (like the two lines for stopping the runway flickering) and I want to document the change. But it makes the most sense to do it right next to the change instead of in separate files.

Being a software developer myself (and using many a ".ini" file in the past), I'm guessing there is either a symbol that can be used in the first column to denote that the rest of the line is a comment OR perhaps the parser of the conf.ini file ignores anything it doesn't recognize (but that's a dangerous way to go).

Thanks.

* _54th_Speeder *

Thanks.

SithSpeeder
12-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey all--

Does anyone know if it's possible to mark a line as a comment in the conf.ini files? The reason I ask is that sometimes I tweak something or add something (like the two lines for stopping the runway flickering) and I want to document the change. But it makes the most sense to do it right next to the change instead of in separate files.

Being a software developer myself (and using many a ".ini" file in the past), I'm guessing there is either a symbol that can be used in the first column to denote that the rest of the line is a comment OR perhaps the parser of the conf.ini file ignores anything it doesn't recognize (but that's a dangerous way to go).

Thanks.

* _54th_Speeder *

Thanks.

Atomic_Marten
12-05-2004, 11:03 AM
That is a good idea. That way you can easily switch options, without need to re-create lines.. is it possible I don't know.

Weather_Man
12-05-2004, 11:47 AM
I think you can comment a line with the semicolon -- ";". At least I've seen this used in other .ini files.

SithSpeeder
12-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Anyone know definitively?

crazyivan1970
12-06-2004, 12:40 PM
What weather_man said - ';' comments out in ini files.
in CMD files - REM

Cheers!