PDA

View Full Version : Problem when creating my character - She's invisible!

JTruman
12-08-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm trying to create my character before starting the game, however my character doesn't appear whatsoever to the left of all the customization options going down the right-hand side of the screen. I can click on the various sections of her body and mess with the settings, but there is no image of her for me to see what she looks like. Any ideas as to what's going on here? I'll list my hardware and current graphics/sounds settings in case that can be of any help.

Hardware
- P4 2.4Ghz
- 1GB RDRAM
- GeForce4 Ti4600
- Soundblaster Audigy Gamer

Settings
- 1024x768 resolution
- Overall detail set to HIGH
- Textures set to HIGH (all the way to the right)
- FSAA set in the middle
- Anisotropic filtering disabled
- EAX enabled
- Overall sound quality set to HIGH

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?

~J
I've got a license to confuse.

JTruman
12-08-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm trying to create my character before starting the game, however my character doesn't appear whatsoever to the left of all the customization options going down the right-hand side of the screen. I can click on the various sections of her body and mess with the settings, but there is no image of her for me to see what she looks like. Any ideas as to what's going on here? I'll list my hardware and current graphics/sounds settings in case that can be of any help.

Hardware
- P4 2.4Ghz
- 1GB RDRAM
- GeForce4 Ti4600
- Soundblaster Audigy Gamer

Settings
- 1024x768 resolution
- Overall detail set to HIGH
- Textures set to HIGH (all the way to the right)
- FSAA set in the middle
- Anisotropic filtering disabled
- EAX enabled
- Overall sound quality set to HIGH

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?

~J

Alahmnat
12-08-2003, 01:11 PM
What video card drivers are you using? Uru requires nothing less than 45.23 (I think that's the number, I know the 45 is right) for nVIDIA cards.

----------
Alahmnat
Guild of Archivists, DPWR.NET (http://www.dpwr.net)
Uru Forum Moderator, Community Assistant

JTruman
12-08-2003, 01:13 PM

Perhaps I might need to roll back to a little bit older driver?

~J

Almlys
12-08-2003, 01:22 PM
You can try to see what happens with all quality settings at the lowest possitions.

Almlys
In cavern: Al'my

Guild Of Greeters member.
Shift: Sunday 14:00-16:00 GMT
Languages: Spanish, English and Catalan

JTruman
12-08-2003, 04:05 PM
For some reason, if I use the update and get the latest patch, this problem occurs. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works fine with the default install.

Heimdall_G
12-08-2003, 04:19 PM
You might want to forget installing the patch, ESPECIALLY if you're on-line in the Prologue - just use the default install. Looks like the patch can cause more problems than it solves. If you're doing Uru Prime, and if there's an update button, click on it to download the current updates. If you're on-line in the Prologue, it's best to check the box on the last tab in the log-in menu, to update all ages on launch. Even if you don't, any updates you need should automatically download.

Also, uhmmm, did you know that your Public Profile says you're male? Now, I realize it's probably none of my business, but if the Profile is accurate, and you're setting up a female avatar....

Heimdall
KI 89512, DRC(3)

[This message was edited by Heimdall G on Tue June 08 2004 at 09:52 AM.]