PDA

View Full Version : Database Errors and Gameplay Problems Thus Arising

volkware.xyz
08-20-2005, 05:43 PM
It has come to my attention that IL-2/PF now has several database errors. These aren`t omissions of plane histories, rather these are unnecessary listings of planes twice, outright omissions of planes, etc. . Aircraft that should be there.

This became clear to me while utilizing UberDemon`s UQMG quick mission building program. The Corsairs in the game (3 of them) have "F4U" entries, but following on are separate entries for what I assume are the same planes listed as "Corsairs". I believe the Ki-63 aircraft are erroneously represented as well. I was able to fly each in succession in the stock Quick Mission setup, flying the version of the aircraft first with only 2 machineguns, then the version with 4, then the version with 2 machineguns and 2 small cannon. When I try to use/feature these aircraft in UQMG it is as if UQMG is referencing some erroneous database somewhere in the code - I cannot fly anything below the 2 gun + 2 cannon version. Also, I noticed that there is no entry for a "Ki-100" aircraft in the ingame database... this is odd and unfortunate.

I suspect these problems are on the 1C side of things, and that they are some kind of artifact left over from the days when usage of aircraft names was in question. I would suspect that there are other errors in the lists as well.

Please fix this. Thank you.

A miscellaneous note: it would be nice if the IL/PF database had an (F) beside every flyable airplane it lists. Handy reference, immediate gameplay information.

FritzGryphon
08-21-2005, 02:48 AM
There are 3 F4Us, and 3 Corsairs. Nothing erroneous about that.

Since the planes work just fine in the game, maybe it's a problem with UQMG?

volkware.xyz
08-21-2005, 01:08 PM
But... aren`t the F4Us Corsairs?!?

blink blink...

I thought "Corsair" was the designation *for* the F4U series of planes. And I don`t recall seeing separate entries in the IL/PF database for "Corsair" fighters...

HoneySeeker
08-21-2005, 05:14 PM
The Corsair was the designation the British gave to their version of the F4U (I believe they accepted it for carrier duties well before the US Navy); most if not all had clipped wings so as to fit in the British carrier hanger decks of the time.

volkware.xyz
08-24-2005, 12:39 AM
I see. This is the sort of confusion I wish could be alleviated by an updated in-game database.

The Ki-100 still has no database entry... no history/erratta, and I swear there is something wierd going on with the Ki-43/Ki-61 airplanes. Perhaps some statistics/flight models are being swapped??? I could swear the Ki-61s had a progression from machineguns up to 2 cannon + 2 machineguns in Quick Missions; not so in UQMG.

I hope 1C might go over their database and make sure it jives with the array of planes. Something seems amiss to me, but I can`t put my finger on it.

Thanks for the replies folks.

LEXX_Luthor
08-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Text mission files load into FMB all aircraft in the game and they are seen in the game either in External View or from player cockpit -- but then I never tried the British "Corsairs" so... Otherwise, nothing in any "database" missing here.

Free Tip:: Create and save an FMB mission, look into the mission text file, and see what the aircraft is named. It can be confusing with lots of different naming systems.

quiet_man
08-24-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Text mission files load into FMB all aircraft in the game and they are seen in the game either in External View or from player cockpit -- but then I never tried the British "Corsairs" so... Otherwise, nothing in any "database" missing here.

Free Tip:: Create and save an FMB mission, look into the mission text file, and see what the aircraft is named. It can be confusing with lots of different naming systems.

I think he is talking about the ingame information Database with descriptions about the planes. This one contains errors and many planes are missing completely. Be sure! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

quiet_man

LEXX_Luthor
08-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Yes, Su-2 is a good one. But the poster said he/she was not talking of histories which are the game descriptions. I think its not getting the names right; I have porked that myself a number of times. I mean, all aircraft* show up in a mission if they are in a mission text file, unless you manually make a typing error in the the mission text file.

* I have not tried "Corsair" but all Ki-61s show up.

Warlok_0::
Ki-63
If we look for Ki-63 in the sim database, will we find it? Did we just now solve the Mystery of the Missing Database? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif