PDA

View Full Version : AI DM's need attention

Grey_Mouser67
11-07-2005, 06:14 PM
In building missions for offline play, there are two aircraft that have titanium DM's and desperately need attention...one being the Mc202 and the other being the George.

I have hopes that one or both may be flyable, but until the DM's are addressed, these aircraft are near about useless as targets and invincible as wingmen.

Please soften them up to normal standards...on one mission that I built, Corsairs take on George fighters...I fly a C model just to get a kill and I tend to struggle to get 2 or 3 kills...with HMG's I may not get any with my gunnery.

AI are useless and a waste of programming without proper DM's and FM's so please look into this Oleg. Until this is addressed, I will no longer use either of these aircraft in Missions...the Emily Flying boat is suspect too, but since they are usually flying alone and I do expect a big plane to be tough I don't mind the extra ammo so much.

GM

LEXX_Luthor
11-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I believe that I noticed the same thing with -202. Never really made use of it since then. Won't this become Flyable possibly? If so, the DM may be re~programmed.

73GIAP_Milan
11-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Sure hope so that it will be looked after..

ImpStarDuece
11-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I asked Oleg about this ages ago and he said that the MC-202 retains the damage model from the original IL-2 and that they havent reprogrammed it with the upgraded damage models that were featured in Forgotten Battles. I use it as my standard target drone to work on my gunnery. You know you are hitting well when you can rip wings and tail sections off. You cannot do engine damage or get fuel leaks from the plane. I think I have managed to stop the prop on it once in about 300-400 QMBs against it.

Apparently the plan is to upgrade both the exgerior and damage models when the MC-202 is implemented as a flyable in the game. When that will be, we can only guess.

As for the George, I haven't noticed it. I might do some testing though.

VW-IceFire
11-08-2005, 07:45 PM
I think with the MC.202, the flyable one has a new 3D model so presumably the DM and all that is totally new as well.

The N1K-1J suddenly went from paper to concrete in 3.03m. I posted about it but nobody said anything or cared.

They have one weak area...just aft of the engine cowling on the underside...pump a few .50cals through there and it will burn. Its a very hard to shot to make.

Danschnell
11-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Hmm. I could not reproduce your results. The Mc202s I fired out took approximately 2-3 Mg151 hits each to bring them down. The first two only took 2 rounds reach. The next one I don't know because I hit him with both my cannons from dead six so about 10 rounds must've hit him. Needless to say he broke up. The next two only took a split second squeeze of the trigger at deflection and they both went down.

The very large planes I have found too to be very weak. The very large planes catch fire just as easy as light fighters, and they explode very soon after any fire anyway. So not much use.

Pig_Mac
11-09-2005, 05:23 PM
the 202 have become my QMB targetdrone too lately, since the g-50 have become one of the QM aces (that sadly bail out after just a few hits). I havn't been thinking of how immortal it have become. I will do a few tests with it when i'm sober enough to find my joystick.

Birdman86
11-10-2005, 09:39 AM
I fought against average-AI Maccis with IAR-80a and B-239:
With the small machine guns of IAR I had to hit very many times (100+) from very close behind the plane before I got some holes to the wings. The only ways to shoot down a Macci looked like to be to kill the pilot or to hit one wing 100+ times to get holes all over it so that AI couldn't handle the plane.
But with the bigger machine guns of Brewster I instantly got 2 kills: one required only a very short burst to the root of right wing to cut of the wing and the other was killed due to the left wingtip went quickly through my fire, got some holes and made plane too difficult to control.

So it seems that Maccis are perfectly armoured all over against rifle calibre fire, but they are very weak against heavier guns.

vanjast
11-13-2005, 12:23 PM
AI = Alien Invincible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Is the AI still immune to G-Forces ?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Grey_Mouser67
11-13-2005, 04:43 PM
They not only don't black out, but they can take their planes faster than a speeding bullet without fear of losing control surfaces and outperform mere mortals in dive and climb...even at high altitude....seems as though the speedy AI is still here.

For all the obvious issues that were pointed out, I have to say that I am not certain what Oleg fixed...other than the Fw DM which many Fw jocks are now upset....of course that is to be expected.

chris455
11-19-2005, 08:37 AM
I would like to add that two A/C I fly against often, seem to have gained a great deal of toughness against .50 caliber gunfire in 4.02............the Ki-431a and the G4M1 Betty.

I emptied an entire loadout of .50 caliber from my P-47 into a Betty, shredding it from nose to tail. No fire, no explosion, it just streamed a TON of fuel and flew blissfully away, until it glided into the Earth many minutes later (I think I got his control cables).

The Ki-43 seems MUCH more resistant to .50 caliber fire in 4.02 than historical accounts have led us to believe.

I can live with the AI's superhuman hijinks, but the chracteristics of some aircraft in 4.02 don't deepen my sense of confidence in the historical veracity of the damage modelling. Be sure.

Especially when my beloved Jugs' huge Pratt & Whitney engine is routinely silenced by a stray 7.7mm round or two................... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Whine over.......going back to my cheese now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ECV56_Rolf
11-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Yes, the MC202 appears to suffer the same kind of problem that the FW190 suffered in 4.01.

Hope it will be fixed before next... patch? add-on? whatever... because it is supposed to be flyable this time.

***edit
Tested a bit more, the plane do broke wings by .50s, or 7.9mm fire, but will never get on fire, or white/black smoke.