PDA

View Full Version : Kadish bug/problem.

Rocky1138
11-21-2003, 09:08 PM
My girlfriend has run into a bit of a snag. After she got to the end of Kadish and located the last journey cloth, she realized that she forgot one at the beginning.

She hit the blue button inside the vault with the dead body and then linked back to the city/relto. When she went back to Kadish, the first puzzle was reset in a way that it would be impossible to fix, it was impossible to move one of the small arms in one of the locks and it was in a position that isn't shown in the gallery.

Rocky1138
11-21-2003, 09:08 PM
My girlfriend has run into a bit of a snag. After she got to the end of Kadish and located the last journey cloth, she realized that she forgot one at the beginning.

She hit the blue button inside the vault with the dead body and then linked back to the city/relto. When she went back to Kadish, the first puzzle was reset in a way that it would be impossible to fix, it was impossible to move one of the small arms in one of the locks and it was in a position that isn't shown in the gallery.

jbhypno
11-21-2003, 09:13 PM
You need to change the settings on all 3 dials messing up the combination and then redo it in the correct order. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JBhypno

Beta Tester
Guild of Greeters
Alien from beyond innerspace

Rocky1138
11-21-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm afraid I don't understand.
All that seems to do is make them move. They're not going back to their default positions.

jbhypno
11-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Think about a turn dial combination lock. If you turned the dial to the wrong number, you needed to spin it 3 times past 0 to start over. Just goto each dial and rotate the wheels one or 2 times. Then start over using the patterns from the galery.

JBhypno

Beta Tester
Guild of Greeters
Alien from beyond innerspace

Rocky1138
11-21-2003, 09:40 PM
I wish that would work, but we're no better off. I've even tried linking out and then linking back after I reset them.

esibuilt
11-21-2003, 09:52 PM
If it really won't re-set you may have to delete your kadish book and do it again. Just push the book to the back of the bookshelf. Then go back to the place your got it originally. It means you have to re-do all of Kadish though. Its a good idea not to push the blue buttons inside each puzzle, except the first one. Then you can back-track easily.

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0803/esibuilt/ca2635de.jpg

cookymonster666
11-21-2003, 09:54 PM
If you're really really stuck...you can click the little symbol at the bottom of the spine of the relevant link book.
it'll reset all the puzzles in the age

Rocky1138
11-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Okay thanks, guys. Resetting the age again must have fixed it.

maztec
11-22-2003, 12:40 AM
You just have to start by aligning them from beginning to end. Even though they're in a different order this time I promise it will work -- has every time for me! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

peltm-1m
11-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Ok, i tried with resetting age and WITHOUT resetting age. I tried witohut exiting age and WITH exiting age. I tried without shutting down URU and all this does nothing new.

I shuffled all dials many times and then tried to exit/start URU again/reset age (one of those options) and NO, IT WONT WORK.

If i open that door, shuffle dials exit age and come back, should that door be open or closed? My door is open until i RESET age. Still, re-opening the door wont get that light puzzle work. I am really pissed off with this.

nfriedman21
09-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I have this exact problem -- that I missed one cloth at the beginning, but now I can't get back to where the journey door is. I can't get the first puzzle dials to reset in a way that I can re-do the puzzle to open the door.

So, I tried to reset the age and redo. I pushed the tab at the bottom of the book on the shelf, and the book disappears. I got the book from the pillar, and when I reenter the age, it is not reset.

Am I missing something in the resetting process? Any ideas?

nfriedman21
09-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Never mind. I just found the clarification I needed in another thread!

Codeguruxx
09-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Problem is probably already solved here but when I ran into this problem I hit the blue button that is on the way to the moon room. This will turn the tree, reveal a journey cloth, and the outside puzzles will reset totally, then you just start from the one nearest to the tree to the one furthest, setting them to the correct designs...

Codeguru