PDA

View Full Version : night patrol and IuB

chillath
03-10-2006, 04:45 AM
hello ppl
im new with this game and i start reading some posts form this forum to take an idea about the whole game, but i have a question.everybody says that the Iub is perfect making the game more realistic.i collect some infos about the tactics captains follow in the real history and i notices that the night attacts was a common and desirable choice...so how someone can attack to a convoy or a ship only if its impossible to identify the flags?
u can wait until the sunraise but its still hard to wait atleast 1 (real)hour and more with the time compression to x32 or x8 max, to watch the flag...
maybe in the real world there was a way to identify a cargo ship in the night time with the radio communications (just assume)talking with BdU...the point is that the beauty of night patrol vanished...it would be great if someone has address this situation or maybe my possititon is wrong...
thanks

chillath
03-10-2006, 04:45 AM
hello ppl
im new with this game and i start reading some posts form this forum to take an idea about the whole game, but i have a question.everybody says that the Iub is perfect making the game more realistic.i collect some infos about the tactics captains follow in the real history and i notices that the night attacts was a common and desirable choice...so how someone can attack to a convoy or a ship only if its impossible to identify the flags?
u can wait until the sunraise but its still hard to wait atleast 1 (real)hour and more with the time compression to x32 or x8 max, to watch the flag...
maybe in the real world there was a way to identify a cargo ship in the night time with the radio communications (just assume)talking with BdU...the point is that the beauty of night patrol vanished...it would be great if someone has address this situation or maybe my possititon is wrong...
thanks

AO1_AW_SW_USN
03-10-2006, 07:17 PM
If you're using the ability to use an external camera, then press the €,€ or €œ.€ keys to cycle through your targets. If you don't have the external camera enabled and you're unsure of your target, then don't attack it.

Personally, I press the F1 key to see the dates in which it's "legal" to attack a vessel of a foreign nationality. It doesn€t solve the problem entirely, but it gives you an idea of the timeline of when you can attack. If it's 1944, pretty much everything is legal... including Italy!

chillath
03-11-2006, 12:52 AM
thanks u were very helpfull!!!
but i think that the communications with the BdU is realy missing from the senario running on this game.

Blue_Ninja63
03-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I use IUB102 and found getting familiar with the flags on the ship recognition manual and getting within 1km (1000 meters) effective range for torpedoes. I have no problem identifying flags. Note: the calmer the weather the easier it is.

Regards,