PDA

View Full Version : Please, I need the right installation/patch Recipe

thevince007
01-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Currently facing the situation where I get mission loading errors followed by PF crashes.

Here's what I need: I own FB and PF but not the Aces pack. I want a "merged" installation and have the right patches applied in the right order. Sorry, I get confused with all these patches. I would de-install everything and start from scratch. Otherwise, I'll just do a plain stand-alone PF install.

Anyone can help ?

THX

thevince007
01-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Currently facing the situation where I get mission loading errors followed by PF crashes.

Here's what I need: I own FB and PF but not the Aces pack. I want a "merged" installation and have the right patches applied in the right order. Sorry, I get confused with all these patches. I would de-install everything and start from scratch. Otherwise, I'll just do a plain stand-alone PF install.

Anyone can help ?

THX

cwojackson
01-29-2005, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thevince007:

Anyone can help ?

THX <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I "believe" you have to have AEP also.

LEXX_Luthor
01-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Correct. You need FB and AEP to put PF on top.

If you can't find AEP, you may have to get FB Gold, which is a box packed with 2 FB CDs and the AEP CD.

F4U_Flyer
01-29-2005, 08:45 PM
You "must" have fb - aep - pf to get a merged install. After you have the three loaded in that order you only need the 303m patch then the 304m patch and thats it! I have seen aep at gamestop stores for 9.99 , sometimes 19.99 and the gold pack is usually 29.99. You wont be dissappointed , the whole game is worth the price of admission!!

thevince007
01-30-2005, 08:16 PM
OK, you convinced me folks.

Now, once I get ACES, what sequence do I use for the installs ? Like:

1. Install FB (without FB-specific patches)
2. Install ACES (without ACES-specific patches)
3. Install PF (with the 303m patch then the 304m patch)

... and all of that in the same original FB folder ?

Thanks again !

steve_v
01-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Thats the correct sequence.