PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU THINK ASSASSIN'S CREED REVELATIONS SHOULD HAVE CAPES?

Turkiye96
05-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Ok well i really liked the idea, They looked cool, they were VERY usefull ( stopped having to rip down annoying posters) and an awesome addition to the franchise but they should make it more customizable ( we couldn't change it while wearing the armour of brutus)

so what do you think ( and how would you improve it

Turkiye96
05-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Ok well i really liked the idea, They looked cool, they were VERY usefull ( stopped having to rip down annoying posters) and an awesome addition to the franchise but they should make it more customizable ( we couldn't change it while wearing the armour of brutus)

so what do you think ( and how would you improve it

Mic_92
05-30-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't mind, the effects were cool but maybe we won't even need them. I think they have a new system in ACR which has something to do with Assassin Dens. In any case, I think the notorious system needed an overhaul anyways.

ShaneO7K
05-30-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't really mind, but I would like it if he didn't have the cape this time round.

But I'm loving how the notorious system is working now, it makes you plan your kills otherwise you're going to have more work on your hands to protect the Assassin's Dens.

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 10:34 AM
never liked the capes (thought i use the ones i need for each city in ac2 and i use auditore cape at acb i think they kill the appearence of ezio and that the effects only makes the game easier..

crash3
05-30-2011, 11:06 AM
capes are fine as long as they arent used as rewards for collecting a load of random boring stuff

capes should have a more practical use, for example as you obtain more and more weapons, they're goona make you look really suspicious carrying all those weapons so a cape would cover the weapons up and stop guards gettin g suspicious

sassinscreed
05-30-2011, 11:15 AM
they look good but didn't really care about effect actually it isnt very useful because if you don't want notoriety just remove wanted posted time to time it was more cosmetic then useful

kriegerdesgottes
05-30-2011, 12:47 PM
I kind of like the cape, I think it looks cool and if you look at the one art pic of him standing in front of constantinople and you see him from behind you can clearly see he still has the cape. I think you might just be able to take it off in this game or maybe you get it later in the game.

Mr_Shade
05-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Can I remind to OP about posting in all Caps?

That goes for both posts and forum thread titles...

Turkiye96
05-30-2011, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Can I remind to OP about posting in all Caps?

That goes for both posts and forum thread titles... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ohh im very sorry i didnt read the forum rules
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

IIwangcarsII
05-30-2011, 02:29 PM
The capes seemed absolutely pointless in brotherhood, since you're only in one boring city for the whole game!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

misusel
05-30-2011, 03:20 PM
i think it was cool and the cape and its effects, but 2 games r enough with that...we have to see something new now...the fur in his robes is awesome and the colors of course..!

mijoy84
05-31-2011, 04:53 AM
I personally liked the look of the cape. I didn't really see any benefit in ACB though. I think it should be more of an option than something you are obligated to wear. Staying in one city kind of defeated the purpose of some of the capes.

BK-110
05-31-2011, 05:36 AM
Well, from the looks of it, there will not be any capes. I didn't mind the capes, but I can definitely live without them. Besides, it wouldn't fit too well with the awesome new outfit, if you ask me.

NuclearFuss
05-31-2011, 06:12 AM
I reckon the cape suited Ezio in AC2. In Brotherhood it looked ridiculous with the longer outfit. Now Ezio looks awesome again. And the features were pretty pointless.

ILLusioNaire
05-31-2011, 10:27 AM
To be honest, I wouldn't mind capes making an appearance in ACR. Having the freedom to choose what you want to wear while you're walking around like a G is always welcome in my book. But of course, it should be detachable. I don't want it being like the armor in AC2 and ACB where they force you to wear it once you buy it. That's just stupid.

I wouldn't mind capes making an appearance in ACR as I said, but if they are in there they should be highly customizable and numerous in kind as well as detachable.

swiftkinfe
05-31-2011, 11:33 AM
I wouldnt mind on capes but absolutely detachable now.

Though in the teaser trailer when Ezio is walking I swear I saw a red and white cape on him.But not much anywhere else.I think that this means

A.You can buy one and detatch it

B.We all know about Ubisoft never being able to decide one look until retail.So we might be stuck again.

EDIT!- Just looked around the screen shot thread and on the box coverit has a cape somewhat visible on Ezio's back which is white and red.Also visible in concept art.A legit cape to not the shoulder one.So either it's detachable or ubisoft hasnt gotten around to putting it on Ezio yet.

tjbyrum1
06-01-2011, 02:15 PM
No.

The capes to me looked... terrible. Well, I mean, not TERRIBLE, but I didn't like them at all.

When I think of an Assassin, I think of someone like Altair. Ezio's robes were to 'elegant' in II... and the cape made it seem like Batman in Renaissance.

Point is, I think the cape looked goofy and ridiculous. I think Ubi went TO far on that particular attire.

LaGru
06-09-2011, 08:55 PM
If we pay attention to the E3 trailer, ezio has the cape until he gets shot with an arrow. he then drops the arrow AND the cape simultaneously. that tells us that it is likely optional to have a cape on at all. perhaps the option to have your hood off is in the air?

X10J
06-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally, I liked the cape, and I still like the artistic concept, But in practice I wasn't a fan. It got old.

Dom000Dom
06-09-2011, 09:51 PM
I would like the option to have a cape, but the effect would be contradictory to the story wouldn't it?

You are going to be in a templar controlled city, I don't think they would give you any kind of notoriety immunity, we aren't in venice anymore :P

BareOnFire
06-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Sometimes i'd get a new suit in brotherhood, and really want the option to not have the cape. Some suit colors were just plain badass then this lumpy pointy looking blob called a cape, swooshes back over, covering everything awesome about what you got on. Like the Ebony suit on the east side, or the Roman stone (kinda like revelations colors) owned by the blob of death known as the cape. I did like when you ran it would stay behind you, but get on a horse and wtf... This does not usually bother me if the game is great like these games, but that looks so ridiculous the way it stays frozen still. Why am i even writing a page about a cape? damn you people who realized and brought this up!!!

Calvarok
06-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Cape is getting old, and contrived. Glad its gone, was cool while it was there.

Sporkfighter
06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
It's kind of nice not having the capes in Revelations it is more Altair-y and I feel like it fits Ezio as an older man. I think the best idea would to make capes optional and have a few different types of robes for Ezio to wear that we could still use and see armore with, basically outfits that weren't just skins.

xx-pyro
06-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Is it really confirmed that there are no capes? Or are we just making an assumption based off of the trailer.

I hope they are gone/optional, however I'd rather have it a fact that we don't have capes rather than an obscure bit of information based off of a CG Trailer.

Sporkfighter
06-19-2011, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
Is it really confirmed that there are no capes? Or are we just making an assumption based off of the trailer.

I hope they are gone/optional, however I'd rather have it a fact that we don't have capes rather than an obscure bit of information based off of a CG Trailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It hasn't been confirmed per se but in the game play demo Ezio didn't have a cape and that gameplay was supposed to be from half way through the story mode so no capes according to the demo but you are right, that still isn't much confirmation.

Jamtrone
07-01-2011, 11:09 AM
i did not like the cape but is they put it in the should make it so you can remove it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Jamtrone
07-01-2011, 11:09 AM
i did not like the cape but is they put it in the should make it so you can remove it

dchil279
07-01-2011, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
never liked the capes (thought i use the ones i need for each city in ac2 and i use auditore cape at acb i think they kill the appearence of ezio and that the effects only makes the game easier.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with you about the medici and ventetian capes killing ezio's looks, but I thought that the Auditore cape in ACB made him look even cooler.

scope2005
07-01-2011, 06:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mijoy84:
I personally liked the look of the cape. I didn't really see any benefit in ACB though. I think it should be more of an option than something you are obligated to wear. Staying in one city kind of defeated the purpose of some of the capes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Admittedly I liked the cape for purely cosmetic reasons only. Its part of Ezio's look, he would just look under-dressed without it.

I am hoping there will be better customisation options in ACR with the ability to add or remove the cape/fur as preferred...

Animuses
07-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I thought the capes were unique in AC2. It brought more of a Renaissance feel to the outfit.
In ACB... the whole attire was out of place and Ezio stuck out like a sore thumb.

swiftkinfe
07-03-2011, 04:32 PM
From the looks of the Gamestop edition and Animus Edittion having the armor of Brutus.We will have a cape on the outfit as one was on it in ACB.So since Brutus has a cape seems safe to say an animation for it would be made.So I wouldnt be supprised if you could buy a cape from a tailor.Now removable is another question.

nponline
07-03-2011, 04:38 PM
thats why altair is better than ezio, he doesnt need that useless cape flapping around, (no offense to ezio fanatics)

nponline
07-03-2011, 04:44 PM
i would like to see the option to wear armor under your robes, so it looks like you never bought any, or if you just prefer the default

Bipolar Matt
07-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Make capes optional. I like the cape myself.

Sizzors.
08-17-2011, 01:18 PM
I want capes that have holes and stuff like ezio back from a war or something... yeah cape or capeless is alright for me but ezio with cape in the trailer looks cool

LightRey
08-17-2011, 01:28 PM
The capes are way too Italian for a game based in Constantinople. Not to mention it really doesn't suit Ezio as much in his old age.

nickfern19
08-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Has anyone here ever watched The Incredibles?

I noticed that Ezio used to walk normally in AC2 before he got his father's Assassin robes. Now he walks and runs like the cops are after him (ironic, right?). I always thought that had to do with his cape covering almost all of his left torso. But maybe not, since Altair moves the same way and so does Ezio in Revelations, according to the trailers and gameplay.

breedlove94
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickfern19:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, Edna is right, capes just get in the way. We wouldn't want Ezio getting sucked into a jet engine would we? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pitalla
08-17-2011, 10:38 PM
I bloody love capes. One of my favorite aspects of Ezio trough the renaissance.

nickfern19
08-18-2011, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by breedlove94:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickfern19:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, Edna is right, capes just get in the way. We wouldn't want Ezio getting sucked into a jet engine would we? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, let's be more realistic. It's more likely he'll be sucked into a twister while he's flying.

Stowdace
08-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Don't know about single player but I think I've heard somewhere that capes would be a customization option for multiplayer. I can see it now: "Captain Doctor, away!"

LightRey
08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by breedlove94:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, Edna is right, capes just get in the way. We wouldn't want Ezio getting sucked into a jet engine would we? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, let's be more realistic. It's more likely he'll be sucked into a twister while he's flying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's a reference to The Incredibles.

nickfern19
08-18-2011, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Please, let's be more realistic. It's more likely he'll be sucked into a twister while he's flying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's a reference to The Incredibles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So was mine.

LightRey
08-18-2011, 04:47 PM
So was mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was? It's been way too long since I've seen it.

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Awesome. I thought the cape was perfect in ACII, Ezio didn't stand out as everyone had a cape or cloak, like it was in those times. I think it makes the game more realistic, even in ACB, simply for the fact it conceals his primary hidden blade, short blade, and much of his sword. You can't walk around showing everyone your weapons, unless you were/are a part of the military or a guard/cop, back then or today, in any civilized place. It causes attention, people will notice that you are armed LOL! I always thought it was so ridiculous and unrealistic that Altair would just go from city to city with all of his weapons showing and no one noticed, not even guards or his targets when he walked right by them! Leave the cape, make it optional for those that want to play unrealistically.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TexasCreed:
Awesome. I thought the cape was perfect in ACII, Ezio didn't stand out as everyone had a cape or cloak, like it was in those times. I think it makes the game more realistic, even in ACB, simply for the fact it conceals his primary hidden blade, short blade, and much of his sword. You can't walk around showing everyone your weapons, unless you were/are a part of the military or a guard/cop, back then or today, in any civilized place. It causes attention, people will notice that you are armed LOL! I always thought it was so ridiculous and unrealistic that Altair would just go from city to city with all of his weapons showing and no one noticed, not even guards or his targets when he walked right by them! Leave the cape, make it optional for those that want to play unrealistically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, actually it's quite easy to walk around with weapons and such without people on the streets noticing. Humans aren't really programmed for monitoring, so they tend to miss such things, even if they seem so obvious to the people that know what's going on.

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Okay you go strap an AK to your back, a pistol on your hip, and a knife to your leg and walk around a mall or something and see how that works LOL, I bet you would wish you had a trench coat in five seconds! Haha All I'm saying is back then and today, you must conceal your weapons in real life. Even the senators that stabbed Caesar had to hide their blades from the guards.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TexasCreed:
Okay you go strap an AK to your back, a pistol on your hip, and a knife to your leg and walk around a mall or something and see how that works LOL, I bet you would wish you had a trench coat in five seconds! Haha All I'm saying is back then and today, you must conceal your weapons in real life. Even the senators that stabbed Caesar had to hide their blades from the guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, in the renaissance it was common to walk around with your sword and rapier visible, since there were so many thugs and crazy fights that went on in even the most "civilized" cities. And crossbows were often used for hunting. So Ezio in his new outfit just looks like a grizzled old hunter who's ready to defend himself. Totally normal for a person of the time.

His cape covered too much of his body, hiding th cool parts of his outfit from us, as well as the fact that the cape has never animated as well as real life cloth, making it look a bit blobby and out of place. It was cool to have it for two games, but one more time and I'd start to wonder why Ezio keeps visiting the same tailor.

AntiChrist7
08-19-2011, 12:04 PM
probably somebody sid it already but im giving it a try:

it certainly doesnt needs cap(e)s lock

reddragonhrcro
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
I guese it will be optional cuz in the special editions you get the Brutus armour which has a cape.Also some of the capes had special functions, how is gona be this set in the game without the capes then?Maybe outfits if no capes then?

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 12:22 PM
True it always has looked funny while running or on horseback. But the cool parts of his outfit? Come on! It was a little cape, and personally I felt the less I had to look at the Brutus Armour, the better! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif That might be true for some cities but in reality it was illegal for most European people to even own weapons, though many still did of course, for fear of revolts and what have you. Some people who don't study history really think everyone in ancient times just walked around with swords out like guns in the old west, this is simply not true. The truth is a sword was not only costly, but possibly illegal depending on where you were and few of the people had them as they shown even in AC. More common for common folk or thugs was a knife or a bow, with no armor.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 12:24 PM
To the above post: That's another interesting thing, the reason they didn't include a cape might have been related to the new notoriety system, which means that it works a lot different from the old one if you can't keep it from ever increasing with the cape.

TexasCreed
08-19-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm guessing that too, I could care less about a stupid cape compared to an awesome game. Let's face it, the cape was going away sooner or later, it just wasn't fashionable after this time period really unless you were Napolean or some sort of weirdo just asking to get messed with Lol! PS: sorry I can't copy and paste the previous post, I'm waiting around at the hospital typing on my phone and I don't do this stuff ever Lol!

reddragonhrcro
08-19-2011, 01:02 PM
I think noble people were able to wear weapons with them,also Ezios family was considered noble and his father was also a banker.(eventought we know that they arenīt real nobles actualy,read the plates in the Auditore family crypt in AC2)

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Exactly. Ezios outfits always look like you could plausibly mistake him for soemthing else. in AC2: a noble. In ACB: a cardinal. In ACR: a hunter.

Constantinople at that time was very dangerous because of the Byzantine resistance, quite a few more people would carry weapons. Ezio walks like he's meant to be carrying weapons, so no-one questions him unless the memory of his appearance is fresh in the guard's mind. And in crowds, you would be surprised how easy it is to carry weapons without people noticing, expecially if crowds are used to seeing armed and purposeful people walking around.

ProdiGurl
08-19-2011, 08:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
capes are fine as long as they arent used as rewards for collecting a load of random boring stuff

capes should have a more practical use, for example as you obtain more and more weapons, they're goona make you look really suspicious carrying all those weapons so a cape would cover the weapons up and stop guards gettin g suspicious </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I think too - you need something to conceal all that.

Christina: "Ezio, is that a Condottiero Mace in your pants, or are you just happy to see me!?"

SWJS
08-19-2011, 09:27 PM
I love capes, and robes. But I only like capes like what The Prowler wears. The shoulder cape was unique, but it just didn't have a "cool" vibe to it.

Pitalla
08-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Cape it's awesome but it should be like in the trailer! If you get too damaged you will loose it or get's ripped.