PDA

View Full Version : pf's p-38 vs aep's 38

VF-29_Sandman
10-29-2004, 05:00 PM
pf's 38's seem alot more stable so far vs aep's 38. zoom climb and acceleration alot better, less stall happy. flat spins isnt so easy to get into. better tracer visability and less nose shake. there's just 1 thing missin: early pto versions starting with the F model.
tracer's faded way too soon in aep. now it's alot better. u can actually see the 50 cal's over 200' from the plane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

VF-29_Sandman
10-29-2004, 05:00 PM
pf's 38's seem alot more stable so far vs aep's 38. zoom climb and acceleration alot better, less stall happy. flat spins isnt so easy to get into. better tracer visability and less nose shake. there's just 1 thing missin: early pto versions starting with the F model.
tracer's faded way too soon in aep. now it's alot better. u can actually see the 50 cal's over 200' from the plane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

aerick2
10-29-2004, 06:23 PM
This is excellent news! I don't have PF yet so I haven't had the chance to fly the new Lightning, but I was hoping it would be improved in these ways. I can't wait to see for myself!

Arm_slinger
10-29-2004, 07:22 PM
**** this i do need to look at. Hopefully if they have reduced the gun shake, they can do the same for the A/C armed with .303's...

Maple_Tiger
10-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Now I'm drueling.

VFA-195 Snacky
10-29-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm still fighting with torque issues in the P38, but you can tell a slight difference. Not sure if its all in my head or they actually did anything to it.

WUAF_Badsight
10-29-2004, 10:21 PM
the torque issue isnt an issue as it wont ever change

its how it is

AFJ_Locust
10-30-2004, 02:20 AM
Yes the 38 is dam fine now, very good imo.

lbuchele
10-30-2004, 06:59 AM
P-38 is flyable in stand-alone install, or you need to install PF over FB?

SKULLS Virga
10-30-2004, 08:49 AM
The P-38L and J are available in stand-alone PF.

VF-29_Sandman
10-30-2004, 11:44 AM
nose shake from firing is still there to a degree, but u wont notice it much if ur trackin the bogey instead of the gunsite. now u'll be able to see the tracer fire arc down to and hit the water from 500 meters..even in full 'seat back' position in cockpit. 20mm cannon ammo brighter, smoke trail, about the same.

stall traits: able to maintain rather extreme nose up attitude w/o trim. buffeting at or about 110 kmh. u can do the 'cloverleaf' if when the ship starts to drop, release the stick. the ship will recover on its own if u dont try to manhandle it. u will stap stall it if u do. if u stall, release stick. apparently, the ship will self-recover. flaps jam speed seems to have been notched up a bit higher. will still crank a hell of alot of speed on the downswing of a hammerhead.

power sets: seems to prefer under 100% throttle on t/o, airborne roughly at 110 indicated w/o flaps. noticeable increase in speed when airborne and firewalled.

zoom climb performance: from water skiing altitude and speed about 400 or over indicated, ship will snap rather quick into a pure vertical and crank up to angels 8 in a hell of a hurry. it will gain so much alt that after separation from a z/b, i belive it would easily outclimb the tony, oscar, or zeke...not sure yet about the frank.

compression notes: at or about indicated redline, the j's elevators does tend to stiffin up a bit. combat flaps will help start the nose up. compression seems to set in at a higher speed at low alts than in aep. i didnt feel the need to even use any trim up (if any) to pull out of a high speed dive; elevators on the j gets rather heavy, but workable. the L's airbrake will snap the nose up hardcore tho.

roll rates: J: roll rate seems to be on par almost with aep's p-47-d27 at slow speed, increases with speed. neg tally on any airleon stiffness at extreme speed. at very high speed, the ship will snap roll with ease with a small kick of rudder at the deck and will come about on an ace ai a6m2 zeke after the pass. the L's roll rate gets better the faster it goes.

beware zeke boy...1 hit of 20mm ammo will easily take the wing off...no need for the 50's. hit it right and we got a fireball in 2 hits. zeke engines flame easily from the 50's...so head-on's with a 38 will become suicidal; especially with a crack shot like korolov. if u run into korolov in pf's 38, unless ur suicidal, dont even think about doin a head on.

BuzzU
10-30-2004, 12:21 PM
I think you'll find all the planes in FB/AEP/ PF are easier to fly.